MVP Baseball 1994 thread

Hory

Sure, This is where we are at so far -

Logos - Yankees763 and myself have completed all 28 teams

Audio - I'm slowly but surely getting pbp/pa audio in the game from TC or other sources - torement has been a great help creating some audio so far

Portraits - Astros are the only complete team. A few are near-complete Still a few more to grab from TC but many more will need to be created. Thanks to AstroEric and AlexTony for the portraits so far.

Rosters - still need a lot of corrections tweaks etc

Themes/Backgrounds - Have made a few backgrounds but quality 1994 pictures are hard to find - if anyone has any please post them in the thread.

Menu Music - Inserted "Talkin' Softball" from 1992 Simpsons episode "Homer at the bat" Any suggestions for any other early 90s baseball themed music welcome.

Attached is an updated spreadsheet noting who does and doesn't have a portrait/audio - I still have a few more portraits to get from TC though.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can do the graphics SeanO

I LOVE YOU.

I'm just finishing up the final, final version of Classic Yankee, then I just need to mod a few more dimension things and I'll send it over. I'll explain what I've done for placeholders everywhere, but it's pretty self-explanatory.

I just cannot wait, this would be so great!

just to know

is anyone started to work on the old metrodome? because i would love to see a fews screenshots!

Thnx

Bye!

Frankly, though I'm not speaking for anyone else, with the amount of changes needed to this project, I would be surprised if Metrodome gets updated at all. To do it correctly would require a tremendous amount of work in a place only barely visible, so I at least won't be working on it.

Again, it doesn't mean others won't, but working on something like Qualcomm's upper deck would probably happen way sooner than the Metrodome in terms of cosmetic changes.

Frankly, though I'm not speaking for anyone else, with the amount of changes needed to this project, I would be surprised if Metrodome gets updated at all. To do it correctly would require a tremendous amount of work in a place only barely visible, so I at least won't be working on it.

Again, it doesn't mean others won't, but working on something like Qualcomm's upper deck would probably happen way sooner than the Metrodome in terms of cosmetic changes.

I understand...but at least the glass wall in the outfields?

thats the only thing i would reallyyy want to have on my 1994 metrodome :):)

Hmm, I'm getting some conflicting information from websites. One said that the hockey wall was taken down in '93, while another says it wasn't until '98. If it wasn't until '98, then yeah, I guess it would be important to add that wall out in left field.

I'm going to check Baseball's Best and see if I can't get an idea of what the place looked like in the early 90s.

Hmm, I'm getting some conflicting information from websites. One said that the hockey wall was taken down in '93, while another says it wasn't until '98. If it wasn't until '98, then yeah, I guess it would be important to add that wall out in left field.

I'm going to check Baseball's Best and see if I can't get an idea of what the place looked like in the early 90s.

so far i didnt find anything about the year they removed the glas wall...

the only one i find with the wall is this is one from 91'

http://www.dugout-memories.com/goffminn.html

but later ill ask a friend who lives in minnesota and is a twins fan...

ill tell you if i have the answer then

later

Hory -- A suggestion.

I'll hopefully be re-updating the Astros portraits soon, as a result of a fairly cheap purchase on E-Bay of an Astros yearbook from 1994. Alot of these are going for $5 or less, and would be a nice piece of memorabilia for a team, and most of them have color pictures of the roster, I think. I can't justify stretching my thin budget to buy any more of them, but perhaps some folks on the board would be willing to scout around to pick up a memento of that strike-shortened season for their own collection, and, since they're going to do that already, they could scan the portraits in for your mod.

--Eric

The other suggestion I had, which I forgot to mention before is that, barring that, if any of these teams had roughly the same rosters from 1997, you can get some of their portraits via gettyimages.com, though you have to take screengrabs of the thumbnails and use those. I did that for a few of the Astros, including Eusebio and Reynolds.

--Eric

so far i didnt find anything about the year they removed the glas wall...

the only one i find with the wall is this is one from 91'

http://www.dugout-memories.com/goffminn.html

but later ill ask a friend who lives in minnesota and is a twins fan...

ill tell you if i have the answer then

later

Aha! The official Twins website says it was removed in '93, so it looks like Metrodome will only need a graphical update. Yeah the curtain is still in the upper deck, but frankly the amount of work to remove it is disproportionate to the results. Whoever does the mod can simply just remove the giant baseball cards, and that should mimic the feel.

I forgot to include the list of cyberfaces already present in Total Classics that we could use in MVP 1994,

just in case anyone was thinking of making any for mvp 94 to prevent doubling up of work

paul o neill 701

kirby puckett 702

cal ripken 703

winfield 800

bonds 2

reed 216

boggs 619

cone 670

Mattingly 664

sandberg 890

mcgwuire 809

ricky henderson 171

kruk 893

gooden 888

orel Hershisher 887

ozzie smith 891

eddie murray 705

mike greenwell 895

tony gwynn 710

jose canseco 811

bichette 132

erickson 560

knoblauch 730

sabo 889

Of course I still have to obtain permission from the various cyberface makers to include some of these - I'lll be sorting that out and getting stuck into this mod 'full-time' after TC Phase 4 is released

• 3 weeks later...

Just uploaded the current version of the 1994 rosters which now include accurate player stats for all major leaguers, thanks to Tony3

Much work still needs to be done on the rosters - pitch types, batting stances all need to be looked at and changed if needed

Over the next few days I'll be concentrating on adding in audio/portraits and cyberfaces then I'll release a complete pre-beta version of the mod with everything that has been done so far included - audio,portraits,faces,uni etc...

Hopefully that will kick-start this thing into action and get more contributions coming in from the talented modders out there....

Quite a few, I'll be uploading an updated spreadsheet listing what we do and don't have soon - I'm about halfway through adding in audio for 170-odd players at the moment, as well I have a few portraits from TC to add - so when I've done that I'll upload the current spreadsheet

Ok, so far these cyberfaces have been added to the mod -

ADDED

0002 Barry Bonds

0058 David Justice

0132 Dante Bichette

0171 Rickey Henderson

0216 Jeff Reed

0560* Scott Erickson

0600 Andre Dawson

0602* Kirk Gibson

0619 Wade Boggs

0643 Todd Zeile

0664 Don Mattingly

0670 David Cone

0701 Paul O'Neill

0702 Kirby Puckett

0703 Cal Ripken Jr

0705 Eddie Murray

0710* Tony Gwynn

0730 Chuck Knoblauch

0800* Dave Winfield

0809 Mark McGwuire

0811 Jose Canseco

0887* Orel Hershiser

0888* Dwight Gooden

0889 Chris Sabo

0890 Ryne Sandberg

0891* Ozzie Smith

0893* John Kruk

0895* Mike Greenwell

Attached is an updated excel spreadsheet lisiting audio & portraits added so far.....

These are what the Fields in the spreadsheet mean

"Name" "Audio/Photo ID"

"Portrait?" - Yes/Default/Wrong team

"Audio already in game?" - Yes

"Custom Audio?" -

a - Krukow Lastname

c - Kuiper Fullname

d - Kuiper Lastname

p - PA announcement

That's cool,

I'm planning on doing a beta release in a couple of weeks with everything we've done so far included so people can do some testing and help me with getting the rosters as accurate to 1994 real life as possible...

My tentative 1.0 release date is sometime in January hopefully...

Archived