If you could meet any baseball player ever...

SwinginSoriano

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Preacher Rowe or Billy Sunday, since I'm a Christian. One of these dudes led someone to the Lord, then that person led Billy Graham to Christ-there's just a long line of a legacy going back to one guy who got saved and started preaching. Each person led one person Jesus and then on and on down the line-each person became a famous evangelist.

I've always wanted to meet Nolan Ryan for some reason. And Tony Gwynn. I wouldn't even know what to talk about though, so I'd probably have dumb conversations.

Amen to the above and Mickey Mantle was led to accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior by Bobby Richardson who is now a preacher

http://www.ultimateanswers.ca/Mantle.htm

Preacher Rowe or Billy Sunday, since I'm a Christian. One of these dudes led someone to the Lord, then that person led Billy Graham to Christ-there's just a long line of a legacy going back to one guy who got saved and started preaching. Each person led one person Jesus and then on and on down the line-each person became a famous evangelist.

I just saw this post.

Preacher Roe was not a Preacher. It was a nickname given to him.

Read the last paragraph.

Even though he wasnt a PLAYER, i would have to say Tom Cheek, he wasnt just a great announcer but a humanitarian as well. The amount of charities he helped was unbeleivable. Unfortunately, he passed last april. When I heard the news I was shocked, even though it was expected with the brain tumor and all. His charm and wit as well as his most memorable call of Joe Carter's home run in '93 will never be forgotten.

If i had to choose of only players, I would have to say Jackie Robinson or Lou Gehrig. Robinson for his courage and strength to breka the colour barrier, and Gehrig because he was an inspiritaion to all. His humility and selflessness made him one of the most beloved baseball players of all time.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shoeless Joe Jackson, of course.

I mean, come on, we're both from Greenville. I'd show him around town. How it's all changed and everything. Show him how they moved his home right across from the new stadium downtown and how there's a statue of him up on the West End of Main. Maybe even take him to a game or something.

I'm thinking that that would be a great experience.

Archived