The Official Friedman's 2006 Updated Schedule Thread

Friedman

As many of you know, I will be releasing an updated schedule for MVP '05 for the 2006 season. However, this is a very long, hard, and tedious task. Therefore, I will gladly and greatfully accept any help I can get. If you would like to help out in this project, please post here so we can get started.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's an excel file of the 2006 schedules. it will directly link you to each of the 30 team's schedules (yankees and orioles have not released a schedule as of yet, rockies have only a home schedule out) for easy access to each schedule.

a note on the times....first, the times in mvp are listed in miltary time, like 7:05 pm would be 19:05, just add 12 to the hours 1pm or later up to 12 am. second, all the times in mvp are the local times of the home team, for instance, if you looked on the mets page at a ny@la game listed at 10:40 pm, don't use that time, use 19:40 (7:40 pm), becuase that's the time locally.

i would recommend wating until all teams have at least their home game times scheduled before starting the schedule making process.

I'd like to help, but really dont know much about this process. I'd like to know the following this in order for this project to be perfect:

1) How to change the year in dynasty to start in 2006

2) Player ages moved up a year (although not really that important)

3) How to do schedules- so not one person has to be doing the entire project, which is going to be hell.

i know a number of guys are good with editing stuff like this, so if you can lend your knowledge to as many people as possible, this mod will be worth it.

I'd like to help, but really dont know much about this process. I'd like to know the following this in order for this project to be perfect:

1) How to change the year in dynasty to start in 2006

2) Player ages moved up a year (although not really that important)

3) How to do schedules- so not one person has to be doing the entire project, which is going to be hell.

i know a number of guys are good with editing stuff like this, so if you can lend your knowledge to as many people as possible, this mod will be worth it.

Thanks for volunteering. My mod is really only to update the schedule, but maybe we could do all three things to make it a really good mod. I can teach you how to make schedules. It is easy once you get the hang of it, but it takes forever.

here's an excel file of the 2006 schedules. it will directly link you to each of the 30 team's schedules (yankees and orioles have not released a schedule as of yet, rockies have only a home schedule out) for easy access to each schedule.

a note on the times....first, the times in mvp are listed in miltary time, like 7:05 pm would be 19:05, just add 12 to the hours 1pm or later up to 12 am. second, all the times in mvp are the local times of the home team, for instance, if you looked on the mets page at a ny@la game listed at 10:40 pm, don't use that time, use 19:40 (7:40 pm), becuase that's the time locally.

i would recommend wating until all teams have at least their home game times scheduled before starting the schedule making process.

It's commonly known as a 24-hour clock. :)

I'm currently working on the Yankees and Devil Rays schedules.

How? The Yankees haven't released a schedule yet. I think the easiest way to do this would be to split it up by month. For example, I do April, you do May, Jogar84 does June, and then I do August, and you and Jogar84 can split up September/October. I'm going to then put it all together, and release the mod in the end.

For those of you who don't know how to edit a schedule...

[align=center]Friedman's Guide To Editing A Schedule[/align]

First, open the file schedule.big in bigGUI.

Then extract the mlb162_1 file.

Open the file, and you will see something like this.

DATE,Time,Home,Road,Half

4/3/2005,19:05,NYY,Bos,0

4/4/2005,13:05,NYY,Bos,0

4/6/2005,13:05,Bos,NYY,0

4/7/2005,13:05,Bos,NYY,0

4/8/2005,13:05,Bos,NYY,0

4/10/2005,19:05,NYY,Bos,0

4/11/2005,19:05,NYY,Bos,0
On the left is the date. Next to that is the time, then the home team, the rode team, and the half of the year. For example, on April 3, 2005 (4/3/2005), the Red Sox played at the Yankees at the time 19:05 (military) in the 1st half of the year. Now let's say that the Milwaukee Brewers played at the St. Louis cardinals on August 15, 2005 at 1:05 PM. It would read
 8/15/2005,13:05,Stl,MIL,1

The 8/15/2005 is for August 15, 2005. The 13:05 is for the time 1:05. Then, the STL is the abbreviation for the St. Louis Cardinals, and MIL is the abbreviation for the Milwaukee Brewers. Then, the 1 there because it is the second half of the season.

I hope that clears up things for everyone. I would like to get this project underway as soon as possible so it can be released quickly. I think the best thing to do would be to split it up, having one person do each month. So far we have DangerKid, and Jogar84 volunteering to help.

That's fine.

I started the Yankees by here: http://www.buyselltix.com/mlb/schedule/yankeesSchedule.php (a small start but still)

Wow, I never saw that. I still think it would be easier to do it by month. I just wish that they'd hurry up and release all the schedules. Once they do that, we can really start it. Thanks for all your help so far, and I really think that this will be a great mod when it is released.

i would not suggest starting now. only 14 teams have times on their games and we are still awating yankees and orioles schedules. i suggest we wait until at least thansgiving before we get serious.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Would you like to help too bravesj858?

Just in case anyone was wondering (my original post was lost due to the server going down) the year will still be set to 2005. The schedule will still be updated to the year 2006, but the year in all started dynasties will still be 2005, so therefore, any rosters made should have the birthdates pushed back 1 year.

Just in case anyone was wondering (my original post was lost due to the server going down) the year will still be set to 2005. The schedule will still be updated to the year 2006, but the year in all started dynasties will still be 2005, so therefore, any rosters made should have the birthdates pushed back 1 year.

No problem!

im willing to help but dont have much experience im a fast learner so if anyone needs my help lemme know

Thanks for volunteering. Editing the schedule is really easy. It just takes a long time. Read the first page of this thread for instructions. I don't think we should start until all of the schedules/times have been released.

Archived