Has anyone read/watched ''Animal Farm''?

Don

2 books u should read in high school(ur def. in high school lol) animal farm and catcher in the rye.

i believe animal farm was like one big metaphor for mussolini and/or communism.

I think communism and Joseph Stallon.

Cliffnotes

Animals get pissed revolt against farmer

Pig takes over

Other pig gets angry and takes over (napoleon?)

Animals have new leader

Somehow some horse is killed

Someone ends up painting "All animals are equal , just some more than other"

That's all I remember but that's basically the gist of it. For more detail A) read the book or B) consult the actual cliffnotes for the book

I read it last year, when I was a sophmore. I'll sume it up in three words.....

"Babe on Crack!"

No, ok, well, its about how some animals take over a farm, and run it as their own country, and the laws are changed to fit the top officals needs, and they claim tha laws have always been the same. But.. It's realy about Russia, and how they went through leader after leader until Stalin came around, and made camp, and hell. My advice, watch the movie, but dont believe everyting in it. Just believe the basic plot, and not the whole movie.

I got a 98 on that test, so you should be fine. But then again, I'm smart.

From sparknotes.com

Napoleon

From the very beginning of the novella, Napoleon emerges as an utterly corrupt opportunist. Though always present at the early meetings of the new state, Napoleon never makes a single contribution to the revolution—not to the formulation of its ideology, not to the bloody struggle that it necessitates, not to the new society’s initial attempts to establish itself. He never shows interest in the strength of Animal Farm itself, only in the strength of his power over it. Thus, the only project he undertakes with enthusiasm is the training of a litter of puppies. He doesn’t educate them for their own good or for the good of all, however, but rather for his own good: they become his own private army or secret police, a violent means by which he imposes his will on others.

Although he is most directly modeled on the Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, Napoleon represents, in a more general sense, the political tyrants that have emerged throughout human history and with particular frequency during the twentieth century. His namesake is not any communist leader but the early-eighteenth-century French general Napoleon, who betrayed the democratic principles on which he rode to power, arguably becoming as great a despot as the aristocrats whom he supplanted. It is a testament to Orwell’s acute political intelligence and to the universality of his fable that Napoleon can easily stand for any of the great dictators and political schemers in world history, even those who arose after Animal Farm was written. In the behavior of Napoleon and his henchmen, one can detect the lying and bullying tactics of totalitarian leaders such as Josip Tito, Mao Tse-tung, Pol Pot, Augusto Pinochet, and Slobodan Milosevic treated in sharply critical terms.

Yes, stalin is Napolian

Old Major is Karl Marx

The bird Moses, has absolutely nothing to do with Russia, but Moses in the Bible.

Snowball=Leon Trotsky

Dogs= Secret guard

And that all I can remember, give me names, and I'll remember

OH YEAH! that other pig, cant remember name, is supposto represent propaganda press written for Stalin, to show how "great" he is. was only paper allowed in Russia.

I just finished reading the summary of each chapter. Here is the website I used: http://www.gradesaver.com/classicnotes/tit...m/fullsumm.html

I have to make a poster for Animal Farm and I have to convince the animals on Animal Farm to support Comrade Napoleon's Leadership. Also has to be a slogan with the poster.

I was thinking the slogan should be '' Napoleon always has his way.''

Anyone have an idea for the poster?

Unfortunately, I've never read this. I'm a big fan of Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty Four" and have tried on numerous occasions to get "Animal Farm" in the libraries here, but it's not happening. What's the point of a public library system if they don't have any decent books? Sorry, but "Windows 95 For Dummies" and the "Teletubbies Annual" don't quite tickle the cerebellum enough for me.

I might buy it, if I can find it.

(Oh, and "Nineteen Eighty Four" should be required reading in schools these days if you take into consideration the western world just now and what it'll be like in 20 years.)

Sheesh, can't believe it's been 7 years (Junior in college) since I've read this book/watched the movie (We watched it after we read the book). And it seems like I'm the only one so far that absolutely hated it. Oh well. I'd rather read me some Edgar Allan Poe and his messed up stories anyways. Hah!

im in accelerated classes and read Animal Farm in seventh grade, im in high school now but from what I remember it was bad. im just commenting on it, listen to what the other guys said. I just read 1984 and I loved it. If you liked that one read ray bradbury's books like The Illustrated Man and the Martian Chronicles. I'm reading those now. Most of this is for school and im forced to read two books over break and do a report on one of them. I'm trying to balance MVP, friends, and homework.

Archived