MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

One simple question.. How do you turn off the comeback AI?

I think the readme says something about the CPU being able to score run after run to catch up. This isn't exactly what is happening anyways. It's a just men on base and a long ball to win, every game. No really, EVERY game. It's as if it's cursed.

Here's the thing. I've played over 20 games with this datafile now. It's great except for one thing, I can't win any games. I was leading most of the 20+ plus games going into the 8th innning, but no matter how bad they were hitting or how great my pitching was, they would get men on base and hit a home run that put them up by one run, and then my bats can no nothing after this, or at least not enough to score a run. I haven't won one game, yet I deserved to win most every one of them. So quite simply, how do you turn off the comeback AI? It seriously makes the game pathetic to play. That's my only problem with this datafile. It's great beyond this major issue, as it's no fun to lose every game when you're leading going into the 8th inning. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the <audioai> section, "LDMinVeritcal" means minimum line drive vertical. Its basically the minimum height a linedrive will be when the game decides you made linedrive contact. Beware, though. Not only does it increase its height, but it increases its distance, which means linedrives hanging too much get caught by the outfield when they should have dropped in for a hit. It can also make linedrives look like flyballs. To fix this you have to lower "BloopMaxDistPeakRatio" or "BloopMinDistPeakRatio". If you increase the LDMinVeritcal and start hitting liners to the wall or for homers like crazy, decrease the "BloopMaxDistPeakRatio" by small values like .5 if you don't see a difference, try 2.0. Same thing with the "BloopMinDistPeakRatio" but you increase it if you are getting too many infield lineouts that look like basehits but die before they reach the outfield. You can try increasing just the "BloopMinDistPeakRatio" and you may see some good results.

The thing is, what kind of lineouts are you getting? Low and sharp liners that die quickly, or liners that look like they are going to loop over the infield but the infielder backtracks into the short outfield to make the catch? I get my share of infield lineouts, but I also get good liners that jump out of the infield nicely. Most of it is timing and your swing aim.

I would talk about the <batter> section, but when I messed with it I screwed more things up than I fixed. Good luck, I suggest you learn the datafile because you can create the most satisfying gameplay for yourself. I can't give you much more help.

Thanks a bunch pdub, excellent assesment...this is exactly what I worked with to get more liners over the infielders heads and tried my best so that they will at times land in front of the outfielders.

Iceman....I don't think I know how to do what you are asking. I feel your pain, but I am not sure how to do this with the datafile. Perhaps the emotion modifiers could be worked on a bit. Outside of that I don't know. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Modifying the sliders (lowering cpu contact by small amounts) would be the first thing I would do because the emotion modifiers in the datafile effect both the user and cpu controlled teams, and small changes do alot. Since you are talking about the cpu coming back alot, I would start there.

If I still had a reacurring problem with the cpu coming back alot during late innings after I changed the sliders and that didn't do what I was hoping for, I would lower the "TyingRunPresent"(14) and "GoAheadRunPresent"(15) fields on the emotion line in the datafile, but only by a little bit. All the fields that modify emotion can effect the outcome of the game drastically.

Instead, you can try lowering the "MenOnBase"(13) field on the emotion line. That will lessen basehits while runners are on-base, regardless of the score.

There is also the "Hits"(30) and "Scores"(31) modifiers, they are very powerful.

There are so many modifiers in the emotion line, tweaking them a bit can really change how many runs and hits you and the cpu can get. They all deal with momentum during situations in a game.

How can i find those things on the datafile.. i try crl+F, but it doesn´t show up, what do i have to do to find it?

I also lose games in the 9th inning.

Up by 3 against the Marlins.. Wheller on the mound. Cold Zone, hit the green pitch.. right field HR. Then Base hit an another. Called up Qualls and HR. It happens a bunch of times. Just can´t win.

Great datafile aside this catch up thing that only works for the CPU..

How can i find those things on the datafile.. i try crl+F, but it doesn´t show up, what do i have to do to find it?

I also lose games in the 9th inning.

Up by 3 against the Marlins.. Wheller on the mound. Cold Zone, hit the green pitch.. right field HR. Then Base hit an another. Called up Qualls and HR. It happens a bunch of times. Just can´t win.

Great datafile aside this catch up thing that only works for the CPU..

Searching the datafile on "emotion" should have worked. Did you decompress it first to a datafileEdit.txt file?

If yes, then...

download the datafile spreadsheet I set up in the download section. It will give you the exact datafile line number for a whole bunch of lines. You can search using those line numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm, this may have been addressed, so if it has, just let me know. How do you adjust the pitch meter in your mod? I'm sucking at pitching . . . rather badly actually. I just wanna make it a little easier, like the stock game.

yeah it's been covered a lot. the search function will find you all you need. the readme from my datafile also contains some info.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I just wanted to say that I love this datafile. It took me a long time to find one that just felt right. The only adjustment I made was to throwing and catching and I am getting a great variety of games through my for 10 of my dynasty. Thanks

Archived