MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

Hey MaddiesDaddy I am getting a game crash with your file today... I used the same one you e-mailed me and it worked for a few days and today it crashes at the start of the game... then i put the one in this website for the public and that one also crashes.. but when i put ksm's it does not crash.... any suggestions

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MD,

I wrote earlier about restoring the runner PIP and you quickly replied, Thank you. However, I want to return the camera angle in the PIP to the default "up high" angle, not the low, almost field-level angle. Any idea on how to do that? Thanks, man

Rh2

Hardini....

That runner PIP restoration should be the default. I am not a camera modder. It's really difficult to do (at least for me). So I have just asked to use other peoples cams in my datafile.

Maybe you should ask someone like kumala, KSM, or Trues.

Sorry bud, that's my best offer.

-MD

hey MD, any chance of getting help with your datafile? just need to have music between innings put back on so I can use the Fox theme. Otherwise it's absolutely brilliant!

appreciate your work

Regards

Last week I added a version to the download which will have this turned back on. So now there are 5 versions of the datafile available. See the download details for more info.

Thanks for the good words.

-MD

Does anyone know what line to edit to turn the walk up music on?

default for datafile line which controls music volume reads as follows...(walkup music is item #12)

0x7c9e6865 127<test>;0 ;1 80;2 1.00;3 2.25;4 1.80;5 0.4;6 1.11;7 1.50;8 1.75;9 1.00;10 1.00;11 1.00;12 1.00;13 0.32;14 1.50;15 5.00;16 1.00;17 0.85;18 2.00;19 0.50;20 1.00;21 0.65;22 0.50;23 1.25;24 1.25;25 1.30;26 0.50;27 1.75;28 1.00;29 0.33;30 1.00;31 1.00;32 0.50;33 1.00;34 5.00;35 1.00;36 2.00;37 1.00;38 1.00;39 0.94;40 1.85;41 1.33;42 2.55;43 1.86;44 1.08;45 1.00;46 1.00;47 1.00;48 1.00;49 1.00;50 1.00;51 1.00;52 1.50;53 1.00;54 ;55 0.77;56 0.24;57 1.00;58 ;59 0.75;60 1.00;61 0.91;62 0.91;63 0.91;64 1.00;65 1.00;66 0.44;67 0.59;68 0.54;69 1.00;70 0.39;71 0.49;72 1.00;73 0.87;74 0.90;75 0.57;76 0.73;77 0.77;78 0.91;79 0.31;80 ;81 1.00;82 1.00;83 1.00;84 0.83;85 0.98;86 1.00;87 0.46;88 1.00;89 1.00;90 1.00;91 1.00;92 0.90;93 0.31;94 ;95 0.22;96 0.43;97 0.65;98 0.43;99 1.00;100 0.87;101 0.90;102 0.60;103 0.75;104 0.34;105 0.43;106 0.40;107 0.49;108 0.44;109 0.23;110 0.49;111 0.51;112 0.50;113 0.32;114 0.45;115 0.16;116 0.77;117 0.82;118 0.84;119 1.00;120 1.00;121 0.83;122 0.43;123 ;124 0.25;125 0.34;126 1.00;

I have played with your mod for a couple games I really like it so far.

The only problem is the mod to the pitching view 6.

Where the camera is behind the pitcher looking into the batter.

This is the view I use to pitch from.

But, in this mod the view has been tweeked to the point where my 6ft+ pitchers look like they are 5 ft tall I really dont like that at all.

Is there anyway to remove the pitch view 6 mod from the data file ?

Can somone show me how to do this and what programs I will need to use to open and modify the datafile with ?

OR can somone mod the datafile for me and email me the fixed version restoring the pitch view 6 to the default ? /smile

Thank you so much in advance for any help that is given.

For the sliders.. does decreasing the cpu power (say -15) give teh computer more or less power? i cant seem to figure it out, cause im still giving huge jacks to no names on the royals.

Making the CPU power more negative will reduce their batting power....

see this thread for the definition of this slider and all others....

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...ider+definition

Can somone show me how to do this and what programs I will need to use to open and modify the datafile with ?

See a post on page 14 of this thread by pfalvey and myself...we talked a little about how to mod a datafile.

The DF Compression Utility we talk about can be found in the download section...it was made by KnightOwl.

Hey MD,what are your Pro Diffucutly sliders?

The following was posted on page 9 of this thread....

Here are my current Pro Mode Sliders and some game options...

Fielding Manual

Batting View Pitch6/Bat4

Catch Circle Assist On

Ariel Cam

Strike Zone Off

Hot/Cold Fade

Hitters Eye On

Variable Strike Zone

Blown Calls On

Pitch Cursor On

Fielding Aid On

Check Swing Medium

Injuries On

Pickoff Return Auto

Variable "Stuff" On

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -18

Pitch Speed: -6

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 38

User Pitcher Fatigue: -20

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -12

User Pitch Control: -22

CPU Pitch Control: -16

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -50

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: -50

User Batting Contact: 24

CPU Batting Contact: -6

User Batting Power: 8

CPU Batting Power: 22

User Bunting Ability: 26

CPU Bunting Ability: 10

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -48

User OF Speed (Manual): -2

User OF Speed (Manual): -6

CPU OF Speed: -14

User IF Speed (Manual): 18

User IF Speed (MVP): 10

CPU IF Speed: 2

User Throw Speed: 4

CPU Throw Speed: 4

User Throw Accuracy: -18

CPU Throw Accuracy: -18

User Catch Errors: 26

CPU Catch Errors: 32

User Dive Difficulty: -4

CPU Catch Effort: -12

User Baserunning Speed: 12

CPU Baserunning Speed: 2

User Runner Aggression: 8

CPU Runner Aggression: -38

User Runner Steal Speed: 8

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

User Runner Steal Delay: -6

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 2

CPU Steal Rate: 0

Runner Injury Frequency: 20

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 20

Batter Injury Frequency: 20

Fielder Injury Frequency: 20

Pitching MG Difference: 0

*I play my games....no sim.

**These are subject to, and will, change...Of course slider settings are very personal depending on playing abilities so you may or may not find these sliders work for you even with my datafile. Hoops are also a good set to try for All Star...I posted my All Star sliders back in page 4 of this thread, but I have switched to Pro for reasons I have already posted.

Ok enough disclaimers...enjoy!

MD,

To your knowledge is there anywhere in the datafile where I could increase the foul balls? Even with sliders maxed out I do not see enough fouls.

I tried editing one line I found in the datafile (I'm at work, can't remember which line), but it did not make a difference either way.

md, which file is the one that will turn the music back on? I put the 2nd one, and it turned the fox theme off. How do i get it back on?

I recently added a file with all the default music options.

If you downloaded v3.1 prior to Arpil 16th then you don't have this version. Download the datafile again and there is now a version with all music and broadcast volumes set to default.

MD,

To your knowledge is there anywhere in the datafile where I could increase the foul balls? Even with sliders maxed out I do not see enough fouls.

I tried editing one line I found in the datafile (I'm at work, can't remember which line), but it did not make a difference either way.

My datafile has increased the number of foul balls for me and most other people....however I will admit that there still is not enough.

The datafile lines that I worked on with regards to foul balls are batter, batterai, audioai, and cpubatter. In the batter line there are items for ball size, ball radius and ball offset. Those seem to help. I made the ball smaller (not visually just for gameplay aspects) and changed the offset a bit.

I went too far at one point and I was swinging and missing at everything. So it's a little difficult to find that fine line between getting a good number of foul balls and still being able to hit.

Hey MD wanted to give you some feedback on the games that I have played to this point with your datafile.

Dback(me) vrs Cin(cpu) ALL STAR difficulty - using your posted sliders.

Game 1

Dbacks 7 runs 9 hits 1 error

Cin 2 runs 9 hits 2 error

Game 2

Dbacks 5 runs 11 hits 0 error

Cin 3 runs 7 hits 1 error

Game 3

Dbacks 3 runs 5 hits 1 error

Cin 0 runs 3 hits 1 error

In game 1, Gonzo (bat pwr 87) hit a 3 run homer using the powerswing to leftfield.

In game 2, Conor Jackson (bat pwr 66) hit a solo home run not using the powerswing to dead center.

In game 3, Sean Green (bat pwr 77) hit a solo shot to right field pressing left on the game pad (he is a left handed batter).

In game 1 Brandon Web pitched a complete game but was difficult.

In game 2 I went through 3 pitchers, and my closer.

In game 3 I went through 4 pitchers, and my closer.

Most of my extra base hits doubles and triples went between the Left fielder and the Center field gap to the wall. This probly has a lot to do with I like to take the ball the other way against pitchers and the Dbacks are a primarily Left handed hitting team. But, just to note when I typically come to bat with my 1, 2, 8, and 9 batters in the line up I will not pull up, down, left or right on the joypad when hitting I just us standard swings, for more balanced hits... even doing that it "seemed" like all my hits, and grounders went to the left side of the IF and OF... maybe just me and my style of hitting but thought it was worth mentioning.

Dbacks are not known for there good pitching the game is rating it at 27th in league through the first 30 games.

I really like how there is no sweet spot on the pitch meter using your data file. This make pitching much more realistic in my opinion. I can no longer throw the ball exactly where I want it to go everytime. This leads to me actually walking batters unintentionally, which is pretty cool. The high pitch counts are great also. Before I began using your datafile I ccould pitch complete games anytime I wanted to. Now it is based on how good im pitching or how bad the opponent is hitting much more.

ALso, the batting is much improved using your datafile.. the ball physics are way better. Much more hits in the shallow outfield. Much more grounders runnin through the infield. And I dont get Insta Homers anymore using power swings while pulling the ball. Actually ive had a really hard time pulling the ball at all. (never been to good at it anyway) except for when the pitchers through heat inside and im set up with a powerswing ready to hit a home run...I am good at that... but with your sliders, and datafile it has mad this not an automatic feat anymore. Which is cool.

As far as fielding goes I really like it much better. The only problem is im having a terrible time turning double plays now.. I have counsel at short, and hudson at 2B ... these guys are very respectable fielders... I used to be able to turn the double play 90% of the time with not to much problem.. now its down to 1 out 8 attempts.. I think it has somthing to do with the 2B mans animation which is slowing him down with the throw.. dont know if this is intended by you but thought I should let ya know what I experienced.

The only problem I had in these three games was even though the scores were relatively close I felt like the cpu had no chance of coming back to win.

I normally used to play on MVP difficulty with -30 pitch diff -40 control with only +5 to user contact. With some other slider mods of course. I still was winning way to much.... Using your datafile with my MVP difficulty sliders I got OWNED ! so thats why I used YOUR allstar sliders with your datafile.. so im close to getting it tweeked.

What im going to do is take your ALLSTAR sliders, and my MVP ones, combine them with your DATAFILE and make a good set of MVP difficulty sliders for everyone to use... I will post them later tonight, or tomarrow. I think im close already to striking an amazing balance that everyone can use.

Thanks !

Hi everyone back with another update

Dback(me) vrs Pit(cpu)

Game 1

Box score

Dbacks 7 12 1

Pit 5 11 1

Game 2

Dbacks 6 10 0

Pit 1 9 3

Game 3

Dbacks 3 9 0

Pit 1 9 0

All three games pretty good with hitting and fielding had a better time turning the double plays with some adjustments to my sliders.

Each game I had a homerun by different players, was never easy to hit a homer.

Each game I had doubles and triples by my 3, 4, 5 hitters which is pretty normal.

The momentum in the datafile that makes rallys harder to stop probly needs to be toned down a bit in my opinion in all the games that I have played so far if I end up with a couple hits in a row it seems like the computer is having a real hard time stopping my next batter.. it almost “feels†like im gonna get a double, triple or homer to drive those guys in everytime..and I typically do.

The next series is against a much tougher opponent the Cardinals

Dback(me) vrs Cards(cpu)

Game 1

Dbacks 4 12 0

Cards 7 13 0

Game 2

Dbacks 8 13 0

Cards 5 11 0

Game 3

Dbacks 4 10 1

Cards 5 12 0

So, I ended up loosing 2 out of 3 which is how it should be the Cardinals in my dynasty are a much better team than the Dbacks. But, in all three games I did have a chance to win, just couldn’t get the hits when I really needed them.

Overall I think my MVP sliders should work for just about anyone.

I loosin when I should probly be loosing and winning when I should be winning for the most part … like in real baseball.

Of course expect to make some adjustments based on your gaming abilities and preferences.

Remember these sliders should only be used with Maddiedaddy datafile Ver3.1

MVP DIFFICULTY

Here they are…

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 5

Pitch Speed: -2

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 15

User Pitcher Fatigue: -10

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -5

User Pitch Control: -10

CPU Pitch Control: -15

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -30

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: -30

User Batting Contact: 8

CPU Batting Contact: -16

User Batting Power: 7

CPU Batting Power: -9

User Bunting Ability: 15

CPU Bunting Ability: 10

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -20

(CPU swing frequency and CPU contact are the toughest to judge, to little or to much, and u get either to many easy K’s or none at all… so feel free to tweek these as needed)

User OF Speed (Manual): 10

User OF Speed (Manual): 10

CPU OF Speed: -10

User IF Speed (Manual): 10

User IF Speed (MVP): 10

CPU IF Speed: 5

User Throw Speed: 5

CPU Throw Speed: -11

User Throw Accuracy: -15

CPU Throw Accuracy: -25

User Catch Errors: 18

CPU Catch Errors: 29

User Dive Difficulty: -2

CPU Catch Effort: -27

User Baserunning Speed: 10

CPU Baserunning Speed: 0

User Runner Aggression: 10

CPU Runner Aggression: -10

User Runner Steal Speed: 7

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 4

User Runner Steal Delay: -6

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 2

CPU Steal Rate: 4

Runner Injury Frequency: -10

Pitcher Injury Frequency: -10

Batter Injury Frequency: -10

Fielder Injury Frequency: -10

Pitching MG Difference: 5

Hi,

I didn't read all fifteen pages, so I'm sorry, if this question came up already. Your changes to the datafile look pretty cool. I have MVP: 06 installed, will your datafile change anything that came with the mod (e.g. pitch accuracy, etc.)?

Hi,

I didn't read all fifteen pages, so I'm sorry, if this question came up already. Your changes to the datafile look pretty cool. I have MVP: 06 installed, will your datafile change anything that came with the mod (e.g. pitch accuracy, etc.)?

The pitch accuracy should be the same as one of the earliest versions of my datafile was used as the base in the 06 mod (Kraw added/changed some things himself before 06 was released, there is a thread on this).

But as I said the pitch accuracy should be the same. But there will be numerous other aspects of the game which will be different since I have made a large number of mods to the datafile since the release of 06.

Datafiles are one of the easiest mods to test/try out. You can try any datafile by installing it into your data folder and if it's not what you like just remove it and put in a different one. It's as easy as cutting and pasting the files to and from your data folder after each game you play.

Love the datafile!. The only problem I'm having is I get to many base hits. I have contact slider set to -50. I was wondering what line or lines to edit in the data file to lower my amount of hits. The cpu's hits are realistic. Just mine are too high. Is it <batterai> lines 15 to 24? Thanks.

Archived