MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

I may try modifying your datafile to use my fielding cameras to see if that makes any difference.

I made the changes, ran a quick test (played a quick half inning) and it's definitely much easier on my eyes. :D

I'll look for your sliders later tonight.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay dumb question, but when modifing the sliders (+) numbers mean increase in stamina, fatigue or player ability, etc.... and (-) means decrease in the same areas? that is my guess, but would like to ask .

Here are my current Pro Mode Sliders and some game options...

Fielding Manual

Batting View Pitch6/Bat4

Catch Circle Assist On

Ariel Cam

Strike Zone Off

Hot/Cold Fade

Hitters Eye On

Variable Strike Zone

Blown Calls On

Pitch Cursor On

Fielding Aid On

Check Swing Medium

Injuries On

Pickoff Return Auto

Variable "Stuff" On

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -18

Pitch Speed: -6

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 38

User Pitcher Fatigue: -20

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -12

User Pitch Control: -22

CPU Pitch Control: -16

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -50

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: -50

User Batting Contact: 24

CPU Batting Contact: -6

User Batting Power: 8

CPU Batting Power: 22

User Bunting Ability: 26

CPU Bunting Ability: 10

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -48

User OF Speed (Manual): -2

User OF Speed (Manual): -6

CPU OF Speed: -14

User IF Speed (Manual): 18

User IF Speed (MVP): 10

CPU IF Speed: 2

User Throw Speed: 4

CPU Throw Speed: 4

User Throw Accuracy: -18

CPU Throw Accuracy: -18

User Catch Errors: 26

CPU Catch Errors: 32

User Dive Difficulty: -4

CPU Catch Effort: -12

User Baserunning Speed: 12

CPU Baserunning Speed: 2

User Runner Aggression: 8

CPU Runner Aggression: -38

User Runner Steal Speed: 8

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

User Runner Steal Delay: -6

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 2

CPU Steal Rate: 0

Runner Injury Frequency: 20

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 20

Batter Injury Frequency: 20

Fielder Injury Frequency: 20

Pitching MG Difference: 0

*I play my games....no sim.

**These are subject to, and will, change...Of course slider settings are very personal depending on playing abilities so you may or may not find these sliders work for you even with my datafile. Hoops are also a good set to try for All Star...I posted my All Star sliders back in page 4 of this thread, but I have switched to Pro for reasons I have already posted.

Ok enough disclaimers...enjoy!

hey maddies try turning off the hitters eye. OMG it makes the batting that much tougher.

yeah I know, but the way I see it is this....and it's mostly an excuse, but at least it's got some logic :roll:

most major league hitters are good enough to pick up the spin, rotation or something about the pitch as it leaves the pitchers hand...thus picking up the pitch as its approaching....now since you aren't going to see the spin/rotation of the laces in a computer game, I figure this is the next best thing.

plus if you notice for some pitchers it's harder to see, meaning they hide the ball better before releasing. this is something EA coded on purpose and I like it.

I know in a way it's more like cheating...and maybe I'll try it for a while, but at this point I am a bit of trained dog with it.

Thanks.

MaddiesDaddy.

You said you play all of your games, no simming. Does this include your minor leagues?

I play my Major League Team, but I sim my Minors. Does alot of people do this?

no only Major League games...sorry I should have specified that. Actually I do play a Minors game every once in a while but not often.

I have yet to start a season yet so I don't know how or if the datafile will affect those simmed games. From what I understand, the datafile really does not affect simmed games, unless you have the CPU play the CPU.

I play my Major League Team, but I sim my Minors. Does alot of people do this?

I only play my Major League Team as well, I have played one minor league game but i found it a little boring since the players' attributes are very low..

yeah I know, but the way I see it is this....and it's mostly an excuse, but at least it's got some logic :roll:

most major league hitters are good enough to pick up the spin, rotation or something about the pitch as it leaves the pitchers hand...thus picking up the pitch as its approaching....now since you aren't going to see the spin/rotation of the laces in a computer game, I figure this is the next best thing.

plus if you notice for some pitchers it's harder to see, meaning they hide the ball better before releasing. this is something EA coded on purpose and I like it.

I know in a way it's more like cheating...and maybe I'll try it for a while, but at this point I am a bit of trained dog with it.

Thanks.

Ya I know what you mean man. LOL But I have to admit now that I've played a half dozen games with hitters eye off I am really enjoying the challenge, except of course when the bloody cpu throws me a 2-0 changeup and I've swung before the ball is within 10 ft of the plate :D

except of course when the bloody cpu throws me a 2-0 changeup and I've swung before the ball is within 10 ft of the plate :D

I swing that early even with hitter's eye on! I swear the changeup is gonna be the end of me. I couldn't hit one to save my life...well, maybe if I could swing twice on the same pitch could ;)

By the way, MD's datafile owns all.

I swing that early even with hitter's eye on! I swear the changeup is gonna be the end of me. I couldn't hit one to save my life...well, maybe if I could swing twice on the same pitch could ;)

By the way, MD's datafile owns all.

Thanks kg....

and as for the change up....you guys are right on the $$

once I start my season in the next day or two, I dread the games I play against Minnesota because when I play them in exhibition I always go against Santana and I swear there is a string attached to that ball, I cannot hit that dang change for anything!!! always way out in front...although in my last game he hung one and Matsui drove it off the baggy in right. but that would be what 1 in like 200 swings against that change....it's deadly!!!

played another game with the datafile. Another fun game, but again the scoring was really. It ended in a 10-9 loss for me with a bunch of homers and the balls just seemed to explode off the bats.

I'm gonna mess with my slider settings and see if that will change anything.

This is a great datafile. I am getting all kinds of different hit types now. Even getting fly balls over the outfielders heads which almost never happened before. I too, am scoring alot of runs with All-Star difficulty but hoping that with some slider tweaks I'll be good to go. Maybe I'll just move up to MVP.

I also lowered pitch accuracy a little more in the datafile as I almost NEVER walk anyone...had four walks first game with the accuracy tweak.

Great job MaddiesDaddy

Once the 2006 mod is finalized I am going to come out with a slider set more geared to maddies datafile. With any luck I'll have it out by the 9th (Sooner if that work thing doesn't get in the way too much ;) )

I'm posting this here because I think it's a problem with the datafile. Here's what happens.

untitled16rw.jpg

It's happened twice so far, both to left handed batters (Adam Dunn and Tony Clark) in view 4. Everyone else is fine, but for some reason when one of them comes up, it goes to this awkward view thing. All I have to do is switch to view 1 and everything is fine, but view 4 is my personal favorite. Any idea what is causing this?

I'm posting this here because I think it's a problem with the datafile. Here's what happens.

untitled16rw.jpg

It's happened twice so far, both to left handed batters (Adam Dunn and Tony Clark) in view 4. Everyone else is fine, but for some reason when one of them comes up, it goes to this awkward view thing. All I have to do is switch to view 1 and everything is fine, but view 4 is my personal favorite. Any idea what is causing this?

sorry kg...I tested out on my system and I had no problems with either player. Could it be a cyberface or portrait issue you are having???

I'm guessing the player height is the problem. When a player doesn't fit into the camera view, you'll get a weird perspective. At least that's what I observed when editing camera views.

I'm guessing the player height is the problem. When a player doesn't fit into the camera view, you'll get a weird perspective. At least that's what I observed when editing camera views.

It's interesting to hear about this problem, because I experienced the same issue last year when I imported some of KSM's cameras into my datafile. I saw the exact same thing using Total Classics whenever Darryl Strawberry came up to bat. I just looked at my rosters with MVPEdit and found out that he is listed as 6'6" tall. I'll have to run a quick experiment later to make him shorter to see if the issue goes away.

Played another game, and this time it was a low scoring game (3-2). I changed some of my sliders, but I still was able to hit the ball pretty well.

So far this is the best datafile that I've played with, esspecially when you mix it with the right set of sliders.

Archived