MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

Love the datafile!. The only problem I'm having is I get to many base hits. I have contact slider set to -50. I was wondering what line or lines to edit in the data file to lower my amount of hits. The cpu's hits are realistic. Just mine are too high. Is it <batterai> lines 15 to 24? Thanks.

thanks...

<batterai> <audioai> and <batter> are all good lines to play with in regards to user hitting. those particular items "15 - 24" are some of what you can look at but there are others.

<audioai> has more to do with the way the ball travels after it is hit although there is some of items in in the other line which will affect that too.

What level are you playing at with a -50 contact???

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new to the game so I'm playing on rookie with your file and some tweaks. I adjusted the lines you said and am seeing improvement. I also am bumping up lines 30 and 31 a little at a time because I'm not hitting very many homers. By the way, what is the difference between the levels of play? If your tweaking the datafile to make it the way you want it isn't that like upping the level your playing on? Like I said, I'm new so excuse me for all the questions. Thanks.

I'm new to the game so I'm playing on rookie with your file and some tweaks. I adjusted the lines you said and am seeing improvement. I also am bumping up lines 30 and 31 a little at a time because I'm not hitting very many homers. By the way, what is the difference between the levels of play? If your tweaking the datafile to make it the way you want it isn't that like upping the level your playing on? Like I said, I'm new so excuse me for all the questions. Thanks.

no apologies necessary, that is what this forum is for.

As for the difference between levels of play and tweaking the datafile....of course there is some correlation in that you could make MVP mode play a bit like Rookie if you make drastic adjustments to the datafile, but I don't think that would apply to all aspects of the game play. Meaning I think some things are hard-coded for each level, regardless of the datafile. As such doing things like trying to make MVP level play like Rookie would make the game very inconsistent and even annoying to play.

But overall, yes the level of game play and how you mod a datafile do go hand-in-hand. This is why I made sure to post which level I was playing on as I was modding the datafile.

good luck modding.

-MD

hy mad.

it would be nice if you could help me (or anyone else ;) ).

in trues overlay thread i posted this questions two days ago:

sorry for this stupid question, but after a re-install i´ve a problem:

after using one of the overlays (for example trues fsn new york overlay) i have the problem, that the pitching meter isn´t visible against leht handed hitters, if a runner is on base.

both windows (runners on base AND pitching meter) are shown at the same place, so it´s almost impossible to make good pitches.

i know, that there was a possibility to move the meter, but how :?:

thanks for some answers :oops:

quickly i´ve recived this answer:

that has to do with the datafile and the camera's that are in that particular datafile. I suppose you're using MD's datafile, so maybe you can ask him how to change it.

do you guays agree?

if you agree, is there a possibility to move the pitch meter to the right?

MD, is there any chance to get rid of the Fielder movement animations? Executing a double play is almost impossible 'cause the 2nd Baseman moves in slow motion while trying to avoid the take-out slide by the runner.

Last night i was playing against the BoSox and was trailing 4-2 in the bottom of the 5th. I retired their leadoff man and gave a up singles to the following batters putting runners on 1st and 2nd. That brought up Manny Ramirez who swung on the first pitch and rolled it to my SS. I thought i would get out of the inning with an easy double play but instead i ended up facing David Ortiz with runners on 1st and 3rd, 'cause Utley moved like he has had a good ole smoke prior to the game :lol:

Ortiz did his job and drove in both runs blowing the game open. I almost smashed my controller against the wall :lol:

MD, is there any chance to get rid of the Fielder movement animations? Executing a double play is almost impossible 'cause the 2nd Baseman moves in slow motion while trying to avoid the take-out slide by the runner.

Last night i was playing against the BoSox and was trailing 4-2 in the bottom of the 5th. I retired their leadoff man and gave a up singles to the following batters putting runners on 1st and 2nd. That brought up Manny Ramirez who swung on the first pitch and rolled it to my SS. I thought i would get out of the inning with an easy double play but instead i ended up facing David Ortiz with runners on 1st and 3rd, 'cause Utley moved like he has had a good ole smoke prior to the game :lol:

Ortiz did his job and drove in both runs blowing the game open. I almost smashed my controller against the wall :lol:

ive never had that problem .. i threw 4 Double Plays Last night Against LA-D

kgbaseball:

I was having this exact same problem with Dunn and Clark. No one really knew what was causing the problem. I changed there name to Dunne and Clarke and I haven't had this problem since. I know it is not a great solution but it works for me...

Take care

i have the same problem on double plays..maybe if u wait a half a second and step off the bag before throwing? it will slow it down but may still keep the double play alive.

regarding the baserunning window. i have the same problem in the xbox 480i version of NEW YORK overlay. i searched the boards last night for an answer... i bet its just a matter of adjusting the location of the window.. by changing a number or numbers in the datafile.

hy mad.

it would be nice if you could help me (or anyone else ;) ).

in trues overlay thread i posted this questions two days ago:

quickly i´ve recived this answer:

do you guays agree?

if you agree, is there a possibility to move the pitch meter to the right?

there is something in the datafile dealing with the location of the pitch meter....however I have yet to find it....I have a feeling it is contained within the camera angle lines....which I have no experience with at all and have no desire to learn how to do so right now.

anyhow...the following thread was very helpful for me in moving the pitch meter around. I now have mine directly over the umpire's head which I like because it keeps my eyes closer to the catcher and batter.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...r+metre&start=0

however if you follow the instructions in the thread beware that any changes you make are dependant on the datafile.txt which you are using....I know this because I used a different datafile after applying this mod and the pitch meter moved from where I had it.

kgbaseball:

I was having this exact same problem with Dunn and Clark. No one really knew what was causing the problem. I changed there name to Dunne and Clarke and I haven't had this problem since. I know it is not a great solution but it works for me...

Take care

what is this post in regards too? is this even in the correct thread??? kg hasn't posted in this thread in a few weeks.

first of all, thanks for the answer.

("MaddiesDaddythere is something in the datafile dealing with the location of the pitch meter....however I have yet to find it....I have a feeling it is contained within the camera angle lines....which I have no experience with at all and have no desire to learn how to do so right now.

[B)

anyhow...the following thread was very helpful for me in moving the pitch meter around. I now have mine directly over the umpire's head which I like because it keeps my eyes closer to the catcher and batter.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...r+metre&start=0

however if you follow the instructions in the thread beware that any changes you make are dependant on the datafile.txt which you are using....I know this because I used a different datafile after applying this mod and the pitch meter moved from where I had it.

well, can you release your datafile now with the "new" pitching meter?

first of all, thanks for the answer.

well, can you release your datafile now with the "new" pitching meter?

I actually did not mod the datafile to move the pitch meter. I moved the pitch meter by modding only the fes_ingameoverlay and ingame files. I used the thread mentioned above as a guide to do so. It was a little trial and error for a while but it's rather easy to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a long time supporter of MD's datafile. Recently I switched to All Star difficulty in my dynasty because the computer wasn;t hitting the ball at all, and it's done wonders. This datafile has everything I could possibly want and more. I'm getting blown out, I blow the computer out, close games a lot, long rallies by the cpu; it's phenominal!

thanks kg.

sheed....you've said you don't like the view you posted....but you haven't said why?

edit....OK I see. I was getting picked off a lot at first too. I just haven't been taking big leads as much as usual. I also let the computer return the runners for me since I don't want to even think that I could learn how to read the CPU pitcher and whether he is throwing over to first or not.

I don't know what to tell you though. I do not know of any behind the plate camera angle or camera mod that allows you to see first base while you are hitting.

anyone out there have any ideas???

Archived