MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

Md I have downloaded your datafile....I play Cpu vs Cpu coach only (Pro)

I like the file..had a whopping 5k's by Schilling in 8 inings (alot for MVP).

I do worry about two plays where a hitter was thrown out at first by the rightfielder on a base hit to right! I don't think this has anything to do with your file as I have seen this before (with fast runners). Will moving the outfileders back help? (I don't know how)

Since I will be using your datfile...I wonder also if you have any ideas that will up K's before I start my Dynasty.....

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Md I have downloaded your datafile....I play Cpu vs Cpu coach only (Pro)

I like the file..had a whopping 5k's by Schilling in 8 inings (alot for MVP).

I do worry about two plays where a hitter was thrown out at first by the rightfielder on a base hit to right! I don't think this has anything to do with your file as I have seen this before (with fast runners). Will moving the outfileders back help? (I don't know how)

Since I will be using your datfile...I wonder also if you have any ideas that will up K's before I start my Dynasty.....

moving the outfielders back will certainly help the first problem. although I like where they are now, and I personally have yet to see a runner get thrown out at first from the OF. but hey, if you'd like to make the changes for yourself go right ahead.

as for getting K's up....if you know how to mod the datafile, look into the lines batter, cpubatter and batterai...there are powerful items in these lines which will affect the batting. my datafile spreadsheet outlines these lines and many others too (this spreadsheet is avaiable for download in the miscellaneous download section).

in the batter line you can play around with modding items 31 to 44...in the batterai line try lines 1 - 24 and in cpubatter each line is pretty much a discipline modifier. this is where I spent a lot of time trying to work on getting the CPU to chase more out of the zone pitches to get more Ks and especially foul balls, I love it when they battle me for a 10 pitch at bat.

those are my ideas in a quick summary.

good luck.

does anyone find the pro sliders to be way to easy to bat? even just looking at the +24 contact for HUM seems awkward at first, and after playing two games against the reds with the cubs, i just belted them winning 14-1 with 21 hits in the 1st game, and then being up 9-0 after the 1st inning in the 2nd game.

does anyone find the pro sliders to be way to easy to bat? even just looking at the +24 contact for HUM seems awkward at first, and after playing two games against the reds with the cubs, i just belted them winning 14-1 with 21 hits in the 1st game, and then being up 9-0 after the 1st inning in the 2nd game.

try playing on allstar level that seems to give a lot of people fairly good results. and it's clear your game is too good for pro LOL

hey guys i have a question... I have tried several data files and i was loving datafile 349 i think it was from ksm.. i loved that file cuz of the sweet fielding cameran and batter walk up cutscenes..... but i found it to easy to pitch and hit even with adjusted sliders to the cpu's favor..

i am reading on maddiesDaddy file and i hear good things and last week i downloaded it and the intro music to fox that i had worked and so did the foul ball replay.. i took the file out and tried today to re-enter it but now the intro music and batter walk up music does not work.... and i put the file that says it contains all versions...

is there a way that i can get my fox into to be heard again and the foul replay....

hey guys i have a question... I have tried several data files and i was loving datafile 349 i think it was from ksm.. i loved that file cuz of the sweet fielding cameran and batter walk up cutscenes..... but i found it to easy to pitch and hit even with adjusted sliders to the cpu's favor..

i am reading on maddiesDaddy file and i hear good things and last week i downloaded it and the intro music to fox that i had worked and so did the foul ball replay.. i took the file out and tried today to re-enter it but now the intro music and batter walk up music does not work.... and i put the file that says it contains all versions...

is there a way that i can get my fox into to be heard again and the foul replay....

that file has batter walk up music and other broadcast music turned off....there is a version with it on...check to make sure you loaded the correct one.

that file has batter walk up music and other broadcast music turned off....there is a version with it on...check to make sure you loaded the correct one.

sorry to be a pain bro.. i tried all the filels on that folder you released and none have the music... i tried the first one which you say has all the folders in one and that did not work.. then i tried the one with batter walk up and nothing... i will keep trying but its upsetting me cuz i am loving the way the game plays... i just dont like the no broadcast music or replays for foul balls..

it may be something in Friedmans crowd noise mod. someone else had this issue the other day and they nailed it down to that.

if you know how to mod datafiles, just change the <test> line to read as follows....

0x7c9e6865 127<test>;0 ;1 80;2 1.00;3 1.00;4 0.87;5 0.40;6 0.95;7 1.00;8 1.00;9 0.68;10 0.77;11 0.83;12 0.00;13 0.32;14 1.00;15 1.00;16 0.59;17 0.62;18 1.00;19 0.28;20 0.93;21 0.65;22 0.00;23 1.00;24 0.89;25 1.00;26 0.19;27 1.00;28 0.79;29 0.33;30 0.85;31 0.86;32 0.83;33 1.00;34 0.62;35 0.45;36 0.77;37 0.71;38 0.64;39 0.54;40 0.85;41 0.82;42 0.55;43 0.86;44 0.75;45 0.86;46 0.85;47 0.82;48 0.73;49 0.81;50 0.73;51 0.58;52 1.00;53 0.87;54 ;55 0.52;56 0.24;57 1.00;58 ;59 0.75;60 1.00;61 0.91;62 0.91;63 0.91;64 1.00;65 1.00;66 0.44;67 0.59;68 0.54;69 1.00;70 0.39;71 0.49;72 1.00;73 0.87;74 0.90;75 0.57;76 0.73;77 0.77;78 0.91;79 0.31;80 ;81 1.00;82 1.00;83 1.00;84 0.83;85 0.98;86 1.00;87 0.46;88 1.00;89 1.00;90 1.00;91 1.00;92 0.90;93 0.31;94 ;95 0.22;96 0.43;97 0.65;98 0.43;99 1.00;100 0.87;101 0.90;102 0.60;103 0.75;104 0.34;105 0.43;106 0.40;107 0.49;108 0.44;109 0.23;110 0.49;111 0.51;112 0.50;113 0.32;114 0.45;115 0.16;116 0.77;117 0.82;118 0.84;119 1.00;120 1.00;121 0.83;122 0.43;123 ;124 0.25;125 0.34;126 1.00;

if you do not know how to do the mod....let me know and I can email you a version with the default line

perhaps I should add this to my download anyhow?

Just made another version of 3.1 available....

this one (the 5th) now has the default volume settings for all music, broadcast, crowd noise etc. (i.e., removed Friedmans mod and restored default values)

So to be clear here are the 5 available versions of 3.1....

1. standard version containing all mods

2. standard version with walk up music on

3. version with batter walk up music on and all default cams (except batter4 and pitcher6)

4. same as 3 but with no foul ball replays

5. same as 1 but without Friedman's crowd noise mod, thus has all defaults for all music, broadcast, crowdnoise, etc.

Just made another version of 3.1 available....

this one (the 5th) now has the default volume settings for all music, broadcast, crowd noise etc. (i.e., removed Friedmans mod and restored default values)

So to be clear here are the 5 available versions of 3.1....

1. standard version containing all mods

2. standard version with walk up music on

3. version with batter walk up music on and all default cams (except batter4 and pitcher6)

4. same as 3 but with no foul ball replays

5. same as 1 but without Friedman's crowd noise mod, thus has all defaults for all music, broadcast, crowdnoise, etc.

man thanx a lot man... i appreciate that a lot..... i have a request... if i want the fielding camera that is on file 349_datafile can you add that camera to your datafile and e-mail it to me at torresg22@msn.com

MaddiesDaddy,

In a previous post you mentioned you changed your datafile in such a way as to make it harder to stop the bleeding from a rally. I briefly looked thru your datafile line spreadsheet, but am still not sure where to start to make it a little easier to stop the bleeding. I am using your sliders and find extremely difficult to get out of jams. For some reason, it usually happens late in the game. I have trouble with relievers, irregardless if they are starting the inning or coming in the middle. It's frustrating to pitch a nice game thru 6 or 7 IP, then give up a a few hits and then a HR and pretty soon I give up a 5 or 6 run inning. It happens to me fairly consistently, anyone else notice it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

MaddiesDaddy,

In a previous post you mentioned you changed your datafile in such a way as to make it harder to stop the bleeding from a rally. I briefly looked thru your datafile line spreadsheet, but am still not sure where to start to make it a little easier to stop the bleeding. I am using your sliders and find extremely difficult to get out of jams. For some reason, it usually happens late in the game. I have trouble with relievers, irregardless if they are starting the inning or coming in the middle. It's frustrating to pitch a nice game thru 6 or 7 IP, then give up a a few hits and then a HR and pretty soon I give up a 5 or 6 run inning. It happens to me fairly consistently, anyone else notice it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

I have my own set of all star sliders if you are interested... makes the gameplay real sim like...

MaddiesDaddy,

Thanks,

Pat

I am not at home right now....so off the top of my head, the only thing I can remember is that the spreadsheet contains a worksheet for the emotion line which has modifiers for game momentum. I honestly forget the other line I modified for this.

One thing you could do is adjust your sliders to reduce CPU hitting..you can do this mid game too, but to me that's cheating so I never do it...but the option is there for the taking.

Another way is to mod the datafile by modifying the batterai and cpuhitter lines to make CPU hitting weaker. These two are the primary sources of modifying CPU hitting.

But as far as the "stop the bleeding" mod I installed....I modified the emotion line and one other line which I cannot for the life of me remember right now.

I can check tonight and get back to you.

Hey MaddiesDaddy I e-mailed you the response you asked for with the datafile i was using that had the fielding camera i wanted and the foul ball replay that i wanted... if you can also give me the batting cam that is used on that file i would appreciate it as well.. I am loving your file with my sliders..

You know what, this is the 1st I've even attempted to even open a datafile. Unless I'm missing something (a distinct possibility), your DF Line spreadsheet more or less simply tells you what line to find to modify a certain aspect of the datafile, correct? How do I know what value to change to?

I have adjusted sliders, but not in-game, for the most part. Thanks for the reply.

Pat

You know what, this is the 1st I've even attempted to even open a datafile. Unless I'm missing something (a distinct possibility), your DF Line spreadsheet more or less simply tells you what line to find to modify a certain aspect of the datafile, correct? How do I know what value to change to?

I have adjusted sliders, but not in-game, for the most part. Thanks for the reply.

Pat

yes the spreadsheet is just to organize what items are contained with each field (batter, cpubatter, batterai, pitcher, etc.)

as for what to change to what....it's called experimenting. it depends on the item you are changing. some are positive modifiers, others are negative.

in a very general sense...for most of the hitting modifiers, the more positive you make the number the harder the ball is hit.

it's called experimenting. it depends on the item you are changing. some are positive modifiers, others are negative.

I was afraid you were going to say that. :lol: OK, I just did not want to royally screw up the datafile, though I would always make a backup anyway.

Thanks,

Pat

I was afraid you were going to say that. :lol: OK, I just did not want to royally screw up the datafile, though I would always make a backup anyway.

Thanks,

Pat

fyi....I just edited my previous post.

here's what you can do to learn a little about modding datafiles, which is what I did...

1. read the readme from Rodkey's datafile and Jim825 combo datafile, they are great and very informative. I tried to make my readme be as informative in different areas.

2. the other thing I did is I took a datafile that was very tough in one area....like Rodkey's makes hitting a challenge (in a good way) but it was too tough for me, so I compared his to the default and for some of the hittiing modifiers I would split the difference and see how things change.

After a while you get the hang of it and start putting your own twist on things. I started modding a datafile for myself back in December and I basically started looking at what others had done, learned from that and at first I was basically copying their mods.

This is why my version 1 only contained changes to the infielders positioning, otherwise my datafile was really not my own. But through the month of Feb and March I really learned a lot on my own through experimenting and good old trial & error. This is when I made up the datafile spreadsheet so I could keep things organized because I was really getting into it and wanted to release something for the community here at MVPMods.

and one big tip....always retain copies of your originals, this way if you don't like what you changed you can always go back.

Also, don't change too much at once. Meaning work on certain aspects of hitting at one time, then ball physics, then discipline. In other words keep your variables at a minimum.

Hope this helps.

And don't worry about screwing it up...just make copies to go back to.

Thanks alot for the tips, MD. I've been trying to adjust the pitch meter, making it just a little easier than you had it set to. However, after making changes, I have problems getting it re-compressed in original datafile.txt form. I'll detail the steps I take:

1. Decompress and open datafile.txt w/ DF Compression utility

2. Using wordpad, make changes to datafileEdit.txt

3. Save the datafileEdit.txt

4. Compress datafileEdit.txt w/ DF Compression

After I re-compress the file, according to the DF Comp readme it SHOULD overwrite the original datafile. However, the original datafile still has the same, original time/date stamp. A Temp.tmp file is created with the corresponding time/date stamp, though. Do I just rename that temp file? Actually, I just tried again, it creates a temp.tmp file that still isn't compressed. I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

Thanks alot for the tips, MD. I've been trying to adjust the pitch meter, making it just a little easier than you had it set to. However, after making changes, I have problems getting it re-compressed in original datafile.txt form. I'll detail the steps I take:

1. Decompress and open datafile.txt w/ DF Compression utility

2. Using wordpad, make changes to datafileEdit.txt

3. Save the datafileEdit.txt

4. Compress datafileEdit.txt w/ DF Compression

After I re-compress the file, according to the DF Comp readme it SHOULD overwrite the original datafile. However, the original datafile still has the same, original time/date stamp. A Temp.tmp file is created with the corresponding time/date stamp, though. Do I just rename that temp file? Actually, I just tried again, it creates a temp.tmp file that still isn't compressed. I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

-after decompressing the original datafile.txt, move it (the original datafile.txt) to an alternate location on your hard drive....or append some word to the end of the filename, like call it datafile_original.txt

-mod your existing datafileEdit.txt

-recompress

I have never just recompressed with an existing datafile.txt for fear of messing something up, and I have never had a problem.

Good luck.

-MD

umm... i used number 4 (walkup music on, default cameras), and the walkup music wasnt on.

anyone else having trouble?

sorry rollie...I just triple checked and all the datafiles which are supposed to have walk up music turned on, in fact do....and those which don't in fact do not

perhaps your in game music options have the music volume set to 0 or you have the music turned off somehow in the music menu???

Archived