MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maddie's Daddy

I play on pro with Kumala's combo file and his sliders with some tweaks. It contains Roddata's ball physics with some tweaks that Kumala made.

Do you think this data file will produce good results on pro?

Yes it should. Try and use your sliders to adjust as necessary. I would keep the Foul ball frequency for both user and cpu at +50. But adjust your contact and power as you play until you are satisfied.

My datafile contains a lot of Roddata's ball physics too. I did make it a little easier to hit though. Rodkey's datafile was just too difficult for me as is. But I wanted to keep a lot of his player animations as well as his adjustments for how the ball bounces off the bat, wall, etc.

Yes it should. Try and use your sliders to adjust as necessary. I would keep the Foul ball frequency for both user and cpu at +50. But adjust your contact and power as you play until you are satisfied.

My datafile contains a lot of Roddata's ball physics too. I did make it a little easier to hit though. Rodkey's datafile was just too difficult for me as is. But I wanted to keep a lot of his player animations as well as his adjustments for how the ball bounces off the bat, wall, etc.

Thanks for the reply!

Also, do you tweak infielder and outfielder speeds?

you're welcome...yeah...I set the User and CPU infielder and outfielder speed sliders on the plus side. But I have the CPU dive effort in the negative because they were diving for everything...well not everything, but too much in my opinion.

Also I set the throw accuracy in the negative and the catch error in the positive to creat more errors.

The datafile has lines and code to help both of these settings but to me this is what the sliders are for. And if you do too much tinkering with the datafile I think at some point it goes too far and you get diminishing returns on your investment.

it is harder than hell to hit HRs, just for fun a went back to rookie and max out user power and contact sliders.

in 10 games I have hit 1 HR

and I'm tring to hit them every AB

I am in the process of making it a little easier for the User to hit and making the CPU hit a little better. Right now for me it's either singles or HR's....I am not able to drive the ball to the gaps or down the line for extra base hits often enough...only 1 double in 5 games. Niether is the CPU. Actually the CPU really has yet to mount a good rally against me in 5 or so games (all in exhibition mode on All Star mode).

What may prove difficult is finding the balance between getting this (above paragraph) to happen and still having enough foul balls, chased pitches, etc. Plus right now I am constantly having both my pitcher and CPU pitcher run pitch counts that are into the high 80's and above and I do not want to lose that.

I am going to give this a little time though as I just got back into playing in mid Jan. and with two kids ages 2 and 6 months I get to play just about 2 times per week...and I want to get this right.

I'll have to post them at a later date (possibly tonight).

Here are my current All Star Mode Sliders...

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -6

Pitch Speed: -2

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 22

User Pitcher Fatigue: -20

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -2

User Pitch Control: -18

CPU Pitch Control: -16

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -44

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: -40

User Batting Contact: 18

CPU Batting Contact: -28

User Batting Power: 20

CPU Batting Power: 8

User Bunting Ability: 18

CPU Bunting Ability: 10

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -4

User OF Speed (Manual): 12

User OF Speed (Manual): 4

CPU OF Speed: -10

User IF Speed (Manual): 4

User IF Speed (MVP): 8

CPU IF Speed: 2

User Throw Speed: 4

CPU Throw Speed: 0

User Throw Accuracy: -28

CPU Throw Accuracy: -34

User Catch Errors: 26

CPU Catch Errors: 32

User Dive Difficulty: -4

CPU Catch Effort: -8

User Baserunning Speed: 12

CPU Baserunning Speed: 2

User Runner Aggression: 8

CPU Runner Aggression: -10

User Runner Steal Speed: 8

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

User Runner Steal Delay: -6

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 2

CPU Steal Rate: 6

Runner Injury Frequency: 12

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 12

Batter Injury Frequency: 12

Fielder Injury Frequency: 12

Pitching MG Difference: 12

*I play my games....no sim.

**These are subject to, and will, change...for now they represent about 20-25 games worth of tweaking sliders and my datafile simultaneously. Meaning I don't know how they'd work when one is applied without the other. Of course slider settings are very personal depending on playing abilities so you may or may not find these sliders work for you even with my datafile.

Ok enough disclaimers...enjoy!

v2.2 now available...

continued tweaks to help User and CPU hit better. Wasn't enough extra base hits or rallies by the CPU for my liking.

These areas will likely be my focus for a while now since I am pretty much happy (for now) with the pitch counts, number of foul balls, errors, strikeouts (looking and swinging), walks, steals, etc...

Game I played tonight...hate to admit it, but...I played the Sox and I lost 7 - 4. Starters were Aaron Small vs. Josh Beckett.

I was down the whole game and mounted two failed come backs...at the end of 3 innings I was down 3 - 0, made it 3 - 1 in the 4th and then choked with runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the 5th.

Pulled Small after 6. Sturtze held in the 7th

Was down 5 - 1 going into the 7th, drove in two runs on a Sheffield HR and then another on a Bernie single after a Matsui double. So 5 - 4 going into the 8th.

Brought in Vallone in the 8th to face Ortiz and Nixon. Got them but then gave up a hit to Varitek. Dotel blew it giving up another single and a double.

Manny killed me. He was 4 - 4 with 2Hr's and 4 RBIs.

I couldn't touch Foulke. Man I hate his delivery. It always messes me up.

Damon had a double to the right field gap and Bernie roped a double off the monster in left center. Also there were a number of balls hit down the line. So far so good in my attempt to not just hit singles and HRs.

My start of the dynasty.

MVP'06

All-Star.

MD v 2.2 datafile

MD Sliders from previous page

R H E

Tampa (me) 15 19 0

Baltimore 7 20 3

39 hits per game?

As I did not paid attention to my throwing of the ball (first three innings 7 to nothing) I alloded 20 hits, but anyway, 19 hits for Human the way too much.

But I appreciated the variaty of hits.

Goods efforts MD. Thanks

Wow....you're good at hitting. Thanks for the post. Maybe you need to tone down my slider settings for your abilities. Hopefully I can become that good but we'll see.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, modding a datafile is tough from the perspective that the mods will almost always be skewed towards the modders abilities & likes/dislikes in the gameplay (especially for those who play their games like me, i.e., no simming)

I try to not let this happen but it's almost inherent in the modding process. I mean I cannot mod for what I don't experience in my game play.

Thanks again for the input and good words. It's nice to know the datafile is being used.

And I am honored you made your first post in my datafile thread. :lol:

I must admit, as a modder of my own datafiles, yours is quite good. The physics in this game are pretty good overall. In this games, the ball does what it should pretty much, but homeruns are always too far.

On the basic All-Star with no modifications, I'll hit 5-8 HRs in a game. With yours, I actually hit 4 in one game with Sheffield, but the physics of them were a lot nicer.

I believe that the creators of this game either neglected air friction or dulled the effects of acceleration due to gravity. That's just my opinion though. Maybe I'm just homerun king.

I've played 4 or 5 games now with your datafile Maddies, and I love it. I had to move the outfielders in myself, because I can't stand that they play so far back. I play on MVP level, so I had to adjust my sliders a little here and a little there, but I think I've found the perfect settings.

Speaking of long homeruns, the first game using your file I hit a 476 foot blast with JD Drew off of Millwood. I just got finished playing with the Dodgers against the A's, and it was perfect, except for the fact that I lost.

Bottom line - great datafile. It does everything you say it does.

I've played 4 or 5 games now with your datafile Maddies, and I love it. I had to move the outfielders in myself, because I can't stand that they play so far back. I play on MVP level, so I had to adjust my sliders a little here and a little there, but I think I've found the perfect settings.

Speaking of long homeruns, the first game using your file I hit a 476 foot blast with JD Drew off of Millwood. I just got finished playing with the Dodgers against the A's, and it was perfect, except for the fact that I lost.

Bottom line - great datafile. It does everything you say it does.

Thanks. I am thinking for the next version that I'll move the OFs in a little.

Btw....has anyone...using my datafile...hit a HR when not trying too, i.e., when you are not holding the stick up on your controller? I have one with Matsui off Schilling. I would like this to happen a little more especially since with guys like Cano, Bernie, Damon or Jeter as I am not looking to push up on the stick with them as often.

Actually if you have done this with out my datafile please let me know too. And tell me which datafile you are using because I would like to see what the differences are...if there are any that can make a difference in this.

Thanks to all.

P.S. Please include which mode you play in too (Rooke, Pro, All Star, MVP)....because I have found that playing in Pro Mode with my datafile that I can get the HRs I am looking for. But I would like to get this to happen more in All Star.

Of course this could all be a function of my own game play abilities.

Maddie, first off your datafile is awesome. I hit 1 homerun with Jim Edmonds to the opposite field in Houstons sandbox on the Pro level. All my other homeruns I have pushed up on. Do you think by putting the user power slider -50 it would make my homeruns shorter. All of my homeruns seem to be over 400 ft. Thanks again.

I haven't had any problems with home run distance. I played as the Durham Bulls and hit homeruns with Wigginton and Upton, both between 350-380 feet. I played at Petco. A quick note regarding outfielder depth, I set my outfielders at around 60%, which to me seemed pretty realistic in the game.

Archived