MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JP....

that is what I am aiming for. to have the datafile help make games like that happen every now and again but still have the "typical" games happen most often.

of course there are a lot of other factors that make these things happen besides the datafile. but I am hoping my datafile...or any other datafile and mod one may use will help.

I forgot to send you the datafile which has the regular broadcast fielding cam, instead of the one you use.

I'll email it.

EDIT: Seems to be some trouble with my email. It's basically the broadcast view that came with the game I believe. Just take a look at Kumala's latest datafile and you'll see what I mean. Sorry I can't send it :oops:

played a game just a couple of moments ago. The datafile definately seems to be a bit heavy on offense. I really like the way you implemented rallies into this datafile (they rarely happened before), but it seems that the ball just flies off the bat at times and alot of flyballs either go out or are caught just at the warning track. It might also have something to do with my sliders, but a little less pop (just a little though, cuz I really like the amount of doubles I get) could be good.

I dunno if you did anything to the pitching meter, it seems a bit bigger (the green area), but I understand that alot of people had trouble with the one in version 2.2 -- I personally like that one but I can always download the walk fix. The pitching as a whole is great. The computer seems to throw a quite a few balls though, which is really a double-edged sword; on one hand it increases the realism and the pitch counts, but on the other hand the user will have too many baserunners which result in higher scoring (if you do it right ;)). I think I might just tinker with the sliders here, since I think that will have an effect and is easier to change than the datafile itself. Good amount of foul balls, pretty nice amount of strikeouts, so pitching is basically perfect to me.

The fielding is very good as well. Nobody seems to move at an unrealistic pace (whether it's too slow or too fast) and there's a decent amount of errors. What's so great about that is that these are realistic errors. We're talking rushed throws on double plays here, off balance throws from the shortstop trying to make the play on a deep groundball, etc. Great job!

Overall, this is one of the best datafiles I've played with so far. Of course it's just one game, so I need to test it some more to be completely aware of all its pros and cons, but what I've seen so far is really good. Esspecially if you tone down the offense just a bit then this could be the datafile that will last us untill EA can make MVP again.

P.S. didn't expect to see a shoutout so to speak in your readme. Thanks alot though :)

Thanks for the input JP and Bama.

JP...tinker with your hitting sliders a little and let me know how it goes as far as getting the offense down a little. Also play with the CPU Ball Frequency slider to tone down the CPU balls. I know they may throw more but I really cannot stand having the CPU throw only 40 pitches in 7 innings.

The pitch meter is pretty much the same, with some small tweaks which should not have affected the size of the green area.

I tried to make it so that there were more looping hits, but I have had trouble finding the balance between having some of them and some rocket shots. Unfortunately I have found it's usually you get one or the other 80% of the time. I'll keep on that though...right now I think I get a fair number of bloops...but a bit more may be needed.

I'd like to play about 20 or 30 games with this datafile before I make too many changes though. A few weeks ago I was pulling my hair out because I was making too many changes at once. So I went back to my version 2.2 file and made less changes per 3 or 4 games.

Anyway...thanks again for the feedback. It really helps to know how the datafile plays for people with different abilities.

I must say MaddiesDaddy...

I love your datafiles and all, but I like the spreadsheet even better. Now, I'm not stuck with hit or miss datafiles, i can finally get a pretty good one and the tweak it exactly how i want it.

Excellent job (again)!

no doubt about it, Maddies, 1 game tests hold no water at all. I will tinker with the sliders a bit to see how they'll affect this datafile. There are more bloopers and some softer basehits that drop in between the infield and outfield. That only adds to the realism.

One thing I forgot to mention though, is however you cut it, this datafile makes the game alot of fun to play. Between this one and the last one I've had games that ended with walkoff homeruns, games that were a literal walk fest, games in which teams switched back and forth rally after rally, etc. Over the course of a season you'll see alot of different game patterns, which is, next to realism, the desired goal I suppose.

an alternative version of the default cams datafile is now available, this one has foul ball replays turned off as per Trues mod...so download contains 3 datafiles....

1. standard version containing all mods

2. version with batter walk up music on and all default cams (except batter4 and pitcher6)

3. same as 2 but with no foul ball replays

maddie, tried out your 3.0, good work, but still too much offense for me. too many homers. SO i went back to my rod datafile and had a good game. led 3-1 going to the 9th on a homer by juan uribe and paul konerko. kc ties it in the bottom of the ninth with two outs and we go to extras and mike sweeney hits a 3 run blast to win it. my game before no homers and I won 6-2. I enjoy your work but went back to my datafile. could be a slider thing as well. thanks again. with your datafile i hit maybe 4-5 and the cpu hits just as much as well.

really that many huh. It must be a combo of slider settings and that you are a much better at hitting than I.

I have found Rodkey's datafile kills my offense which is what you are using in combo with your datafile right? So yeah I pumped up the offense a bit from that but tried to keep most of the ball physics you guys worked on.

question....do you push up on the analog stick a lot when hitting? I don't do it that often.

your the second person to mention the heavy offense...perhaps I'll put out another version with the other ones which is a little lighter with the offense

thanks again for your help.

I'm struggling with the offense on Allstar on 2.2 ,you guys must be good.MD,I've always played this game on Allstar,mostly because the original version,I could not get any offense out of the cmu. Are you getting a lot of variety on the Pro setting? Perhaps you can post up your your hitting and pitching sliders at the pro level. I might give that a whirl.

Pro for me definitely gives much more variety on where the hits go. Opposite field bloops down the line, shots in the gap, grounders down the lines past the 1st and 3rd baseman, etc. I was getting 80% of my hits in All Star going up the middle and erallly never anything down the lines. That is why I switched from All Star.

I'll post my Pro sliders tonight after the kids are in bed.

For Total Classics 5, this datafile is working great on Pro. Moved up contact for cpu and user a bit. Previously I had pitch speed at +50 just to challenge me more. I moved it down to 0 and I think this is helping with the ball physics. I expect 0 is about where you tested your datafile. Thanks for the outfielder depth setting and also the momentum factor.

First of all i think your datafile plays great, really close games, realistic amount of hits for user and cpu, errors, walks etc...not to mention the ball physics! really enhances the gaming experience. Mad props for that!

But there's one little thing that's pretty weird to me. The ai rarely pulls out their aces when they're tired out, even when the game is on the line. I wanna give you an example.

I played with the Phillies against the Mets recently. Lieber vs. Martinez. I "killed" Pedro over the course of the game, driving the pitchcount up to the max almost every at-bat, drawing 7 walks, so that Pedro is running on low gas in the bottom of the 6th, having thrown 90+ pitches. Duaner Sanchez is warming up in the Bullpen.

Pedro loads the bases with 2 more walks, and i think ok now he is done. But Randolph sticks with Pedro instead of bringing in a fresh arm. Martinez ends up walking in the go-ahead run! 8O The score is 2-1 in favor of the Phils, bottom of the 7th. Aaron Fultz retires two easily, then gives up a single and walks the next batter. Runners on first and second with 2 outs. Next up is Pedro. But again Randolph decides not to take him out! I mean...come on, you have runners in scoring position in a late-inning rally and let your pitcher do the job for you?

End of the story: Pedro swings and grounds out to Utley, killing the Mets comeback hopes!

I don't know if this is affected by the datafile or is just a matter of proper sliders adjustement, but these kind of situations occur pretty often especially with aces on the mound.

Do you have any solutions for this one?

I push up only if the pitches are up and in or away. I even hit homers when I push down. I hit my share of homers and like I said its a matter of timing. I like the latest rod sent me because you hardly see line drives and you get more variety of outs. But I think you have done a great job and everyone should be very happy with what you have done to make the game much better. thanks

First of all i think your datafile plays great, really close games, realistic amount of hits for user and cpu, errors, walks etc...not to mention the ball physics! really enhances the gaming experience. Mad props for that!

But there's one little thing that's pretty weird to me. The ai rarely pulls out their aces when they're tired out, even when the game is on the line. I wanna give you an example.

I played with the Phillies against the Mets recently. Lieber vs. Martinez. I "killed" Pedro over the course of the game, driving the pitchcount up to the max almost every at-bat, drawing 7 walks, so that Pedro is running on low gas in the bottom of the 6th, having thrown 90+ pitches. Duaner Sanchez is warming up in the Bullpen.

Pedro loads the bases with 2 more walks, and i think ok now he is done. But Randolph sticks with Pedro instead of bringing in a fresh arm. Martinez ends up walking in the go-ahead run! 8O The score is 2-1 in favor of the Phils, bottom of the 7th. Aaron Fultz retires two easily, then gives up a single and walks the next batter. Runners on first and second with 2 outs. Next up is Pedro. But again Randolph decides not to take him out! I mean...come on, you have runners in scoring position in a late-inning rally and let your pitcher do the job for you?

End of the story: Pedro swings and grounds out to Utley, killing the Mets comeback hopes!

I don't know if this is affected by the datafile or is just a matter of proper sliders adjustement, but these kind of situations occur pretty often especially with aces on the mound.

Do you have any solutions for this one?

don't know what to tell ya there. I recently played against the M's facing Felix Hernandez as their pitcher and I rallied against him a scoring 7 runs in 4 innings. He did walk two up to that point, and the manager pulled him for a reliever. Who actually shut me down the rest of the game and they ended up winning.

I think the manager tendencies/attributes have something to do with it. You can modify the datafile to adjust the CPU's manager's tendency to argue close calls more. I actually did this and included it in my v3.0 mod.

So if you can do that, then perhaps you can mod the managers other tendancies too. I just haven't found it yet.

Good question though....does anyone else who has modded datafiles know about this???

I push up only if the pitches are up and in or away. I even hit homers when I push down. I hit my share of homers and like I said its a matter of timing. I like the latest rod sent me because you hardly see line drives and you get more variety of outs. But I think you have done a great job and everyone should be very happy with what you have done to make the game much better. thanks

I didn't think you would have pushed up on every pitch but I wanted to check. you are most likely correct in that it's a matter of timing and it comes down to the Users abilities, of which mine are inferior to your when it comes to hitting.

You are right Rods datafile is very good for varying the direction of the batted balls...probably the best...but for me it was too hard to hit. I tried to balance my datafile between Rods and the default....but a little more towards Rods so it's not always a slugfest. I wanted to try and keep as much of the variety there and include a little more power for the Users batting.

As I play more now that the season is starting I may find that I am hitting too many HRs, we'll see though.

Thanks for the good words and support.

Thanks Jim.

Just to note....the ones on page 4 are from when I was playing in All Star mode. I am now playing in Pro Mode and I will post them later this evening.

I'm curious to see what your Pro slider settings are, since that's the mode I play in. Last night, I downloaded your datafile to try it out and I used your All Star sliders with Total Classics

I had a couple of good games, however, I found that the fielding cameras (especially the broadcast view) hurt my eyes to the point where I was getting a headache by the end of the 2nd game.

I may try modifying your datafile to use my fielding cameras to see if that makes any difference.

Archived