MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

v3.1 update now available...what's new...

-adjusted groundball physics...I was getting a lot of one hoppers, some that one hopped, skipped really, right into the outfield. I also slowed down the grounders a bit and adjusted so there will be more slow rollers, choppers, worm burners and regular grounders

this is going to be the last update for a while...I am looking to start my dynasty soon and unless I notice any gross errors I don't plan on making any significant changes in the near future....I have made nearly all of the changes I have wanted during the last month or so. I know for some there is still too much juice in the batting game (User and CPU), but I think the datafile is set up so that using your sliders should take care of it, as well as most other things anyone may have issue with.

Thanks to all for your input and assistance.

Enjoy.

-MaddiesDaddy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maddies, awesome work on this. I've played a handful of games since I installed it and they were varied and fun (whalloped the CPU earlier today, then just finished a 16 inning marathon game with a loss). I do have one thing that may be an oddity with the datafile though (I'm not certain if it is or not, so bear with me).

The CPU pitchers like to bunt when they're at bat. A lot

In the two games I played today, there were about 8 or 9 at bats by CPU pitchers (not counting pinch hits), and I think I only had one at bat where the pitcher didn't try to bunt at least once. In fact, in most at bats the pitcher was trying to bunt almost everything I threw at him. Stupid situations too. Nobody's on, and he tries to lay down a bunt. 0-2 count with the slow-as-molassass catcher on 1st, and he tries to bunt.

Is there some way you can tone down the bunting frequency of just the pitcher at bat? I never had any probelms like this with regular fielders hitting, and I don't recall going through the same thing before I installed the datafile either.

Still, one tiny flaw doesn't do much to tarnish the otherwise solid work.

Maddies, awesome work on this. I've played a handful of games since I installed it and they were varied and fun (whalloped the CPU earlier today, then just finished a 16 inning marathon game with a loss). I do have one thing that may be an oddity with the datafile though (I'm not certain if it is or not, so bear with me).

The CPU pitchers like to bunt when they're at bat. A lot

In the two games I played today, there were about 8 or 9 at bats by CPU pitchers (not counting pinch hits), and I think I only had one at bat where the pitcher didn't try to bunt at least once. In fact, in most at bats the pitcher was trying to bunt almost everything I threw at him. Stupid situations too. Nobody's on, and he tries to lay down a bunt. 0-2 count with the slow-as-molassass catcher on 1st, and he tries to bunt.

Is there some way you can tone down the bunting frequency of just the pitcher at bat? I never had any probelms like this with regular fielders hitting, and I don't recall going through the same thing before I installed the datafile either.

Still, one tiny flaw doesn't do much to tarnish the otherwise solid work.

this is odd. I haven't seen this. I played against the Cards the other day, in Busch, and Carpenter was swinging away. Ecksteing tried to bunt in one AB but that was because they were down a run and had a runner on first.

has anyone else experienced this???

hi, i like the file. but i play the 4-angle camera, behind the batter.

and after the hit the screen is too near to the players. because

i play manual an i like a widescreen same as version 3.0.

jörn

which fielding view are you using? perhaps try a different one.

this is odd. I haven't seen this. I played against the Cards the other day, in Busch, and Carpenter was swinging away. Ecksteing tried to bunt in one AB but that was because they were down a run and had a runner on first.

has anyone else experienced this???

I just played another quick few innings before work...against the Cards again in Busch (love the new mod by Pirate!!!)...and Mulder actually roped a single between Cano and Giambi.

So again no pitcher bunting observed.

I will keep on the look out though.

MD and all,

I just got this game and I love the datafile, especially the cameras. One question. Which line do I change to put the runner/PIP cameras back to the standard angle? I've seached the file and these forums and I can't find the answer. Thanks for a great game!

Rh2

MD and all,

I just got this game and I love the datafile, especially the cameras. One question. Which line do I change to put the runner/PIP cameras back to the standard angle? I've seached the file and these forums and I can't find the answer. Thanks for a great game!

Rh2

Set the baserunner line in the datafile to read as follows....

0x779c563a 12<baserunner>;0 0.520;1 0.140;2 0.155;3 0.102;4 1;10 1;11 0;5 0.40;6 0.05;7 0.58;8 0.23;9 0;

This will restore the PIP

Eh how are any of you getting this to work? I downloaded this and it has the 4 versions .... but there all labeled Datafile.txt . I renamed it to .big in a vain hope that it would work that way ... but it just crashes my game 2 seconds after opening it.

Do you have to install it by pasting it into the present datafile? The readme maddie included says to just replace it in the default directory .... but like I said all the datafiles are .txt in my 2.5 mb download. What gives? Very confused here =/

Eh how are any of you getting this to work? I downloaded this and it has the 4 versions .... but there all labeled Datafile.txt . I renamed it to .big in a vain hope that it would work that way ... but it just crashes my game 2 seconds after opening it.

Do you have to install it by pasting it into the present datafile? The readme maddie included says to just replace it in the default directory .... but like I said all the datafiles are .txt in my 2.5 mb download. What gives? Very confused here =/

Just copy one of the four available datafiles to your data folder. These datafiles override the datafile.txt which is compressed within the datafile.big file.

Again....any modded datafile.txt should go in your data folder NOT your datafile folder.

MD I love the datafile, but I have a question. In your previous Datafiles I was able to hear the intro music at the beginning of the game, I don't remember if this was 3.0 or before. Since I've installed 3.1 the intro music is no longer there. I know it's the datafile because once i removed it, the music was back. Do you know which lines you changed that affected the intro music, and what i need to change it back to. I would just use compare it, but unfortunately I no longer have the old version of the Datafile that I was using. Thanks

nm....i figured it out. It was something in the Friedman crowd lines, i just replaced them and it was all good. Good Job, once again.

MD I love the datafile, but I have a question. In your previous Datafiles I was able to hear the intro music at the beginning of the game, I don't remember if this was 3.0 or before. Since I've installed 3.1 the intro music is no longer there. I know it's the datafile because once i removed it, the music was back. Do you know which lines you changed that affected the intro music, and what i need to change it back to. I would just use compare it, but unfortunately I no longer have the old version of the Datafile that I was using. Thanks

nm....i figured it out. It was something in the Friedman crowd lines, i just replaced them and it was all good. Good Job, once again.

good find. and thanks.

Archived