MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a long time supporter of MD's datafile. Recently I switched to All Star difficulty in my dynasty because the computer wasn;t hitting the ball at all, and it's done wonders. This datafile has everything I could possibly want and more. I'm getting blown out, I blow the computer out, close games a lot, long rallies by the cpu; it's phenominal!

I've been playing this datafile on all-star from the get-go & it IS incredible! In addition to what you mentioned I love the ball trajectory. I recently hit a ball off the top of the wall @CBP which careened off the wall & bounced back across the field away from the right fielder. I almost had a inside-the-park homer with Alex Gonzales but got pegged @ the plate. Then he retired :( Would have been a hell of a way to finish his career, oh well. I need to adjust sliders for user power +, user contact -, & user pitch control -. Other than that it is flawless!

i have a few suggestions/questions.

I occasionally get this rolling line drive that goes all the way to the CF wall splitting the OF... extremely fast .. like its on ice.. no bounce. and i still have occasional super high hopping INF hits.. that go off the screen..

anyway to get rid of these?

also, i noticed a few other datafiles came out .. to reduce the power..

it seems that 90% of HR are 430 ft plus with this file...

any way to fix this? or release a combination of more datafiles with specific tweaks.. camera angles etc.

this is a very good datafile..thanks for all your hard. work.

MD,

I have a couple of questions. First off, do you know which lines I can adjust to make the meter move quicker? I did it in an old datafile way back and can't remember which lines I changed. Also with the camera angles I believe one is off slightly. It is camera 6/1 or 6/4 I believe (sorry, I am at work). The camera is centered properly for lefties, but is off a bit with right handers. Do you know where I could make this adjustment as well?

Thanks,

Travis

MD,

I have a couple of questions. First off, do you know which lines I can adjust to make the meter move quicker? I did it in an old datafile way back and can't remember which lines I changed. Also with the camera angles I believe one is off slightly. It is camera 6/1 or 6/4 I believe (sorry, I am at work). The camera is centered properly for lefties, but is off a bit with right handers. Do you know where I could make this adjustment as well?

Thanks,

Travis

Travis....

The pitchmeter parameters are contained in the <batterpitcher> line. If you download spreadsheet I put in the Miscellaneous download section of this site you can see what items in that line will help you adjust the pitch meter speed.

As for the camera angles...since camera 6 is the behind the pitcher view you can adjust items in lines....

<BattingView6LeftHigh>

<BattingView6LeftLow>

<BattingView6RightHigh>

<BattingView6RightLow>

Travis....

The pitchmeter parameters are contained in the <batterpitcher> line. If you download spreadsheet I put in the Miscellaneous download section of this site you can see what items in that line will help you adjust the pitch meter speed.

As for the camera angles...since camera 6 is the behind the pitcher view you can adjust items in lines....

<BattingView6LeftHigh>

<BattingView6LeftLow>

<BattingView6RightHigh>

<BattingView6RightLow>

Thanks for the info, but actually the problem in the views is when hitting, the opposing pitcher (to right handed batters) is not quite centered. Do you know which lines this would be addressed with.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info, but actually the problem in the views is when hitting, the opposing pitcher (to right handed batters) is not quite centered. Do you know which lines this would be addressed with.

Thanks again.

the lines for batting views 1 and or 4 can be found the same way those for batting view 6....just use the info above and insert 1 or 4 where you see a 6 and then search for the lines. they are near each other in the decompressed datafile, but it's just easier to search.

EDIT....

here are the line numbers for batting cam 4....

0x9c1cdf19 107<BattingView4LeftHi>

0xd5d8b04d 107<BattingView4RightLow>

0xf6f70c8c 107<BattingView4RightHi>

0x1fb8d47a 107<BattingView4LeftLow>

and cam 6....

0xbed1924f 97<BattingView6RightLow>

0xcf7ab64e 97<BattingView6RightHi>

0xf83c7e3c 97<BattingView6LeftLow>

0x3611589b 97<BattingView6LeftHi>

Travis....

the exact line for the pitch meter is

0x739c0a96 233<batterpitcher>

in that line item 40 is for linespeed default value is 0.750 (my datafile which contains spitoon's mod has it at 2.00)

MD,

I compared your file to some of the newly released files mainly

jack319's and kumala v.2.

Here is what i am looking for...

1)i would really like to get the PIP swing replay back.. it seems to make the game go faster, with different things to look

2) I really like the double play animations and quickness of them.. it seems like this is missing from your datafile.. maybe its a result of other changes.

3)I like the previous, more zoomed out PIP baserunning view.

4)one big difference is that the baseballs seem to float in your datafile.. maybe its the ball spin physics? im not sure.. i would love to see more spin etc.

i know this is a lot, but i want to hear your impression of it.

sounds like both of those datafiles have some good things in them....no surprise though since jack and kumala are excellent modders

the runner PIP can be restored in the datafile by changing the 0x779c563a 12<baserunner> line to read as follows

0x779c563a 12<baserunner>;0 0.520;1 0.140;2 0.155;3 0.102;4 1;10 1;11 0;5 0.40;6 0.05;7 0.58;8 0.23;9 0;

I don't plan on releasing another version in the near future....with the nice weather and summer approaching the time I want to spend on the computer is much less...that's why I worked so much on the datafile during Feb, March and April

but as I said in my readme, if you or anyone else wants to use my mods in a datafile they make on their own...be my guest

MD, I have the mvp 06 mod and i put a fox overlay and music in it. I think its great....but i was wondering if theres a way to make the line-ups, defensive positioning, stats/scores to stay up longer? I only see about the first 3 batters of the line-up and it disappears, or someones stats...dont get a chance to see them. Can it be made to stay up longer...or is there a different overlay that does? One other little thing, is there a way to get the scoreboard between innings to say mid 3rd, end 5th...ect. Or an overlay that says it? Thanks Very Happy

MD, I have the mvp 06 mod and i put a fox overlay and music in it. I think its great....but i was wondering if theres a way to make the line-ups, defensive positioning, stats/scores to stay up longer? I only see about the first 3 batters of the line-up and it disappears, or someones stats...dont get a chance to see them. Can it be made to stay up longer...or is there a different overlay that does? One other little thing, is there a way to get the scoreboard between innings to say mid 3rd, end 5th...ect. Or an overlay that says it? Thanks Very Happy

all good questions....but none that I have answers for.

these could likely be taken care of via mods to either or both the datafile.txt and certain overlay files. And when I say overlay files, I don't necessarily mean just the overlay files igonly.big and ingame.big files....these are the ones which get modded to nake the FOX, YES, ESPN ,etc. overlays....but I believe there are other files which handle overlays too and perhaps address the questions/ideas you are posting.

Unfortunately they are ideas I have never investigated.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not know of any behind the plate camera angle or camera mod that allows you to see first base while you are hitting.

anyone out there have any ideas???

actually I did this view back with mvp04. It's a matter of pulling the cam back, lowering it, and adjusting for wide angles - see below.

I used this cam frequently, among others, the advantage being constant awareness of baserunners. It turned out quite useful judging by feedback.

But not everyone may want to bat this way.

batviewfar.jpg

nice work....actually at one point I had used a datefile that has cams like this (don't remember which as it was sometime last year)....but I had trouble picking up the ball when hitting. I gave it a fair chance (10 games or so) but it wasn't for me.

i agree it's not necessarly something you want to use over a long period of time but it does offer some variety which is always cool. A few people are incorporating various cameras they like and switching, at least I know I do this, it varies the approach to batting as well. I'm having a better time this around playing around with the cams than 04, there's actually more to do, and as a popular blond ex-con used to say: "it's a good thing..."

Archived