MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your datafile. Just one thing, how do I get back the default fielding "zoom" camera? I see in the readme how to change the batting cameras but not the fielding camera.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks...

This is not a mod I am really familiar with. These cam views are KSM's efforts. The only reason I listed the lines for the batting cams is because Jim listed them in his combo datafile which contained Trues and Pareds camera files. Perhaps he would know (look under Jim's Combo datafiles in the download section).

Anyway, here's my guess...

In looking through the file I think the following line is what should be changed...

0xf8876c73 113<FieldingView1>

set the following items to the values listed

item 19 set to 0.00

item 20 set to 3.00

item 21 set to 0.00

item 53 set to 0.100

item 65 set to 38.70

I think this is correct...but don't hold me to it.

Hey great work with the datafile. I absolutely love the ball physics. One question is do you know how to turn the in-game intro and in-between inning music back on? I have looked in the datafile but I don't know which values to adjust. Thanks.

Thanks....

line 0x7c9e6865 127<test> is the only line I know which contains the volume settings. In that line the only items in the datafile with a value of 0.0 are numbers 5 & 12

line 5 is for BdCastMusicVol%...I am guessing BdCast stands for Broadcast, so I do not know if this will do it

and

line 12 is for BatDittyVol% = batter walk up music

If you want...try setting item 5 to a value of 0.4 and/or set line 12 to a value of 1.00 (these are the default values).

I know this will at least turn the batter walk up music back on but I don't know if it will answer your question.

I'll keep looking but this is all I can tell you for now.

I need to apologize to Friedman...I included his crowdnoise datafile mod in my recent version 2.1.

I did not ask his persmission first. I included this mod into my datafile as I was doing some tweaking and adjusting to prep a new datafile for upload. It was late last night when I finished and I obviously forgot to change this back before I uploaded v2.1 to the site.

This was an inadvertant oversight and I apologize to Friedman. I will be updating my readme to reflect the changes to the crowdnoise. If Friedman does not want me to include his mod in my datafile I wll change it back.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks....

line 0x7c9e6865 127<test> is the only line I know which contains the volume settings. In that line the only items in the datafile with a value of 0.0 are numbers 5 & 12

line 5 is for BdCastMusicVol%...I am guessing BdCast stands for Broadcast, so I do not know if this will do it

and

line 12 is for BatDittyVol% = batter walk up music

If you want...try setting item 5 to a value of 0.4 and/or set line 12 to a value of 1.00 (these are the default values).

I know this will at least turn the batter walk up music back on but I don't know if it will answer your question.

I'll keep looking but this is all I can tell you for now.

You were right! Changing item 5 did the trick. It's amazing all the stuff that can be changed in these datafiles. It really adds a lot to an already exceptional game.

You were right! Changing item 5 did the trick. It's amazing all the stuff that can be changed in these datafiles. It really adds a lot to an already exceptional game.

I agree 100%. EA created a great game and the mods and advice on this site make playing it way better. I have been playing sports video games since the Atari days and when the game systems started to become more advanced in the mid 90's I would try them all just hoping for some realism. I get bored very quickly with the arcade style of play. So anyway it took a while for me to be satisfied but with the MVP series, especially the MVP05 and now the 06 mod I am more than happy.

Thanks again.

Maddie,how about doing us computer idiots a big favor and uploading your datafile with dittys and music turned on.I would love to try out your file.tHANKS!

Will do later tonight. I am at the in-laws right now for a birthday dinner.

Look for it around 9 or 10 tonight (that's eastern time).

Thanks for the file....I've tested one game and I like it but i've to tweak my sliders before I can really say how good the mod works for me. The hitting of CPU was good so far, a little to much grounders but better than the original game. There are some Foulball more even there could be still more.

My own hitting was very bad. I've to put the user contact high enough so that it works for me. Thanks for the work you put in tweaking the game.

Will do later tonight. I am at the in-laws right now for a birthday dinner.

Look for it around 9 or 10 tonight (that's eastern time).

Download now contains two datafiles...

-the original v2.1 file which had the batter walk-up music off

-the other has batter walk-up music turned on and the in between inning music back on (these are the only changes)

well I can't take credit for the intro camera mods since they are KSMs but thanks.

and yeah it is nice to know that my work is being enjoyed by others. i felt the same way about wishing I could do some of my own mods. I don't have the talent that most of the others like Pirate but I was able to figure out a lot of things with the datafile and I love that you can do so much tweaking to the gameplay just by editing this file.

I played baseball from almost birth through college and have followed all throughout, so I do know a thing or two about the game. So since modding the datafile is a way to make the gameplay more like real life I focused on learning how to mod that.

OK...enough blabbing.

thanks and good luck.

MD, This datafile is fantastic. I am playing with the Pirates and instead of giving up 20 hits a game itis now more realistic 6-14 a game. One question however, I have no power whatsoever, I have played 10 games without a homerun, even with having the controller up. When i played before i would at least have a homer from Burnitz or Bay every other game or so. Even with the contoller in the up position I am hitting ground balls the majority of the time, any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work, and everyone elses for that matter.

Archived