MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

Maddie, first off your datafile is awesome. I hit 1 homerun with Jim Edmonds to the opposite field in Houstons sandbox on the Pro level. All my other homeruns I have pushed up on. Do you think by putting the user power slider -50 it would make my homeruns shorter. All of my homeruns seem to be over 400 ft. Thanks again.

yes I believe that is exactly what it will do. I had to do that with my sliders and I haven't seen a homer over 430 ft since and a bunch that have just gotten out.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey MD,

I DID hit a homer with Bobby Crosby WITHOUT pushing the UP stick and it was a beauty! (just when i needed it too). I was using your sliders(posted) and playing ALLSTAR with your v2.1.

Heard you wanted to know.

Anything for you man!

More praises for Maddies. The main fix for 2.2 was to have more rallies by the cpu, no? Tonight I was playing the Battle of the Beltway (me = Nats/cpu = Orioles) and I was up 5-1 (at RFK no less!) in the 2nd inning. Patterson on the mound. 2 outs in the inning. Roberts walked. Mora singled to left. Tejada infield single. Bases loaded, Javy Lopez up. He works the count to 2-2, then bam. Salami. Hit it a mile. What's the lesson here? Don't hang a curveball to Javy Lopez. But what's the other lesson here? Maddies makes a great datafile that does what it says it will, and everyone should try it out. More kudos, Maddies. :hail:

Pro level, User power +10 - Hit one with the still season home run king, Roger Maris high into the rigth upper deck at the old Tiger Stadium and one oppooste to right with Moose Skowron also at Detroit. No left analog adjustement, it was all timing and the batter ai power. Thanks for this datafile.

thanks guys.

Progress Update...

I am pretty much done working on the CPU batting & pitching, overall fielding and ball physics. I am getting a very good mix of foul balls, chased pitches, swinging and looking K's, walks, hit by pitches, pitch outs, errors, CPU rallys, HRs, doubles, bunts, etc etc etc.

This adds up to enjoyable, real game play...one result of which is my favorite... close to real life pitch counts for both me and the CPU.

Just one caveat to this....In one game, Red Sox vs. Yankees at the stadium...The Unit and Schilling both took 5 hit shutouts into the 9th, Unit had 15Ks while Schilling K'd me 9 times. The game went to the 12th inning with A-Rod hitting a walk off 2 run dinger against Foulke...FINALLY!!! I got that guy. I have always had trouble with that damn wind up of his. The next game against the Angles in NY Mussina gave up 6 runs, 3 HRs in just 3 innings of work and I got blown out 9 - 2. So a good mix indeed.

OK...so where I am at now...

I am trying to get the User batting to where I want it to be. I think I am close but the only thing I am having trouble with is those darn random HRs.

Of course since others are not really experiencing this so much, this could just be my own hitting abilities which brings me to my overall point.

The last 5 days or so I have played 7 or 8 games and have been finding myself going nuts over getting things just right with the User hitting. It's almost paralysis by analysis as I scrutinize almost every swing or batted ball.

So I need to take a step back and just play. As such I am going to just play a bunch of games over the next couple weeks and see how things go. In that I hope to figure out, if anything, what needs done. I may tweak things a little bit but I am going to be patient and see if I myself can't get better at hitting plus make the tweaks necessary to keep this datafile mod going in the positive direction towards near real life game play. Which to me is when the game is most fun.

Thanks all for your good words and thanks in advance for your patience.

Look for an update about a week before opening day.

P.S. This release will contain adjustments to the outfield positions to move them in a little. Also there will be three versions. The regular one....another with batter walk up music turned on....and one with default cameras.

I know this might not be your top priority, but I wondered if you could change the camera's a bit. The fielding cams you have now aren't really pleasant ( I use broadcast ). I still have one of Kumala's datafiles which have a couple of different camera positions. If you want I can email it to ya, so you can see if you like it.

also, is there anyway that someone can copy the KSM pitching camera's he used in his preview of his latest datafile?

here's the thread I'm talking about: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...ewtopic&t=13214

yeah...email it to me JP. I will take a look. I use the ariel fielding cam so I didn't really note the affect on the other cams. Well actually I did in a way because I tried broadcast and changed after two batters because I didn't like it.

Perhaps what you send me will get me to switch to broadcast too.

Hey Maddie, do you have any sliders for All-Pro or MVP?

Here are my current All Star Mode Sliders...

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -6

Pitch Speed: -2

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 22

User Pitcher Fatigue: -20

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -2

User Pitch Control: -18

CPU Pitch Control: -16

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -44

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: -40

User Batting Contact: 18

CPU Batting Contact: -28

User Batting Power: 20

CPU Batting Power: 8

User Bunting Ability: 18

CPU Bunting Ability: 10

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -4

User OF Speed (Manual): 12

User OF Speed (Manual): 4

CPU OF Speed: -10

User IF Speed (Manual): 4

User IF Speed (MVP): 8

CPU IF Speed: 2

User Throw Speed: 4

CPU Throw Speed: 0

User Throw Accuracy: -28

CPU Throw Accuracy: -34

User Catch Errors: 26

CPU Catch Errors: 32

User Dive Difficulty: -4

CPU Catch Effort: -8

User Baserunning Speed: 12

CPU Baserunning Speed: 2

User Runner Aggression: 8

CPU Runner Aggression: -10

User Runner Steal Speed: 8

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

User Runner Steal Delay: -6

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 2

CPU Steal Rate: 6

Runner Injury Frequency: 12

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 12

Batter Injury Frequency: 12

Fielder Injury Frequency: 12

Pitching MG Difference: 12

*I play my games....no sim.

**These are subject to, and will, change...for now they represent about 20-25 games worth of tweaking sliders and my datafile simultaneously. Meaning I don't know how they'd work when one is applied without the other. Of course slider settings are very personal depending on playing abilities so you may or may not find these sliders work for you even with my datafile.

Ok enough disclaimers...enjoy!

Btw....has anyone...using my datafile...hit a HR when not trying too, i.e., when you are not holding the stick up on your controller?

Yeah infact since i installed your data file I have hit them more without using the up function than i did before. Its great work by the way my only grip is a pro/con situation. I dont know if you ment to do this but the argue call funciton is now switched where you have to mash the buttom to keep your manager from getting angry. First let me say i like this its like a little mini game. The only downside is anytime the opposing manager comes out he gets ejected because he is opperating under the old system where like 90 percent of the time they dont get upset. But now that it has been switched he gets angry about 90 percent of the time. It was funny the first time i saw it because I was playing the cards and larusa came out to argue a throw out in the second inning and he was screaming. I was like dude just chill your gonna get tossed, and then he got ejected.

P.S. I am using your data file with your sliders as a base and some adjustments of mine on the All Star Level.

Yeah infact since i installed your data file I have hit them more without using the up function than i did before. Its great work by the way my only grip is a pro/con situation. I dont know if you ment to do this but the argue call funciton is now switched where you have to mash the buttom to keep your manager from getting angry. First let me say i like this its like a little mini game. The only downside is anytime the opposing manager comes out he gets ejected because he is opperating under the old system where like 90 percent of the time they dont get upset. But now that it has been switched he gets angry about 90 percent of the time. It was funny the first time i saw it because I was playing the cards and larusa came out to argue a throw out in the second inning and he was screaming. I was like dude just chill your gonna get tossed, and then he got ejected.

P.S. I am using your data file with your sliders as a base and some adjustments of mine on the All Star Level.

that's interesting....but I never (at least intentionally) modded the coaches arguement function.

I wouldn't even know where to look for it off the top of my head. I am sure it's moddable though.

P.S. A couple games ago I was playing the Twins and their coach came out to argue but did not get ejected.

Great job MaddiesDaddy! This an excellent datafile. I love the cameras. I do think the offense is a little bit high, though. But it is still an awesome datafile. Thank you.

Thanks. The only thing I can say about the offense is to use your sliders to tone it down a little. So far I haven't had a lot of complaints about that. Again modding this is tough because it depends on the users abilities.

thats wierd everytime they have come out on my game they have argued and it only started after i added the datafile. I wonder why this is. Like i said its fun for me cause when my manager walks out i have to try to keeep him from getting ejected so it makes it more of a challenge even though ea did the thing for mostly cosmetic reasons. this could use some looking into though cause i think others might enjoy it as well if there was a way to make it work for both managers where theres doesnt get ejected all the time.

Thanks. The only thing I can say about the offense is to use your sliders to tone it down a little. So far I haven't had a lot of complaints about that. Again modding this is tough because it depends on the users abilities.

Yeah, I should. Also it has been a while since I played so it might be rust. I just thought the score was high. I will work on my sliders. Again thanks this is amazing.

Hey Maddies, dig the datafile. Nice. I do have one thing though- as a lifetime dedicated New York Football Giants, and Mets fan, I would have to argue that Giants are connected to the NY Mets rather then the NY Yankees. In 1986 the G-men won the SB and the Mets won the WS, in 2000 the G-men lost SB and the Mets lost the WS(friggin%^$^%$#@# - still mad about it). It was definately a horrible sight this year watching the Giants play like a group of homosexuals against the Caralina Panzees. I've seen less arm-tackling at High-School games! Anyhow, thanks for the datafile.

thanks.

and yeah it was a bummer that the G-men played like sissies. Hopefully some of the new additions will get them closer to completing the puzzle.

as for the Yankees-Giants vs. Mets-Giants ties, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. The way I see it is the Yankees and Giants are tied together since they are old time teams in their respected sports and I have found that more people who are Mets fans are also Jets fans since they are younger franchises and actually started around the same time.

Just downloaded this datafile and love it, although haven't seen what all the talk about offense is yet. I'm playing all star mode and have been playin with the sliders to try to get it figured out. Could be my horrific choices of what pitches to swing at but I have started a Dodgers dynasty and lost the first three to the giants 2-1 , 3-2 , and 4-0 ( damn Bonds anyway ) The best thing about it is the way the hits drop in now instead of every single ball to the outfield being an out. Thanks maddiesdaddy for your hard work

I know this might not be your top priority, but I wondered if you could change the camera's a bit. The fielding cams you have now aren't really pleasant ( I use broadcast ).

The funny thing is that I really like the broadcast cam in this datafile. It makes me feel like I'm watching a game on TV. I especially enjoy infield play with the broadcast cam, more than any other camera I've seen.

However, I will agree that playing the outfield is basically impossible! If anything is hit into a gap, I have no idea which outfielder I'm controlling and where they are relative to the ball. It would be great if we could keep this camera but have it zoom out more once the ball goes into the outfield, but I don't know enough about datafiles to determine if that's even possible.

Thanks for all your work on this datafile. I would give more feedback, but I really haven't had enough opportunities to play recently.

Just played my first game with the datafile, and WOW, great work. I was playing Braves/Cards and I actually walked someone. I know that's not what your looking to do in a game, but I want realism and this file seems to offer that. I like the camera views as well. They add even more to the game. Now if I can master the pitching meter, I'm set.

Thanks guys. I am close to having the datafile where I want it. Look for an update release by the end of this week.

Some of what will be new...

-moved outfielders in a little (they were too deep for my liking)

-worked on reducing the number of line drive outs

-some ball physics for more realistic ground balls and line drives

-baserunner aggresiveness (User and CPU)

I will release a version with the default cams plus Trues batting cam 4 and Pareds behind the pitcher cam 6 and a second version with some of KSMs latest cams from his recent version 4 release (which will include Trues and Pareds cams).

Also...I have settled on playing in PRO mode, but the datafile is still good for All Star or others...just use your sliders to adjust. Reason being is that I have found PRO (for me at least) gives a better mix of batted balls being hit all over the place...down the line, up the middle, in the gaps, etc. Also ground balls seem to be more realistic too.

Archived