Bond said. "Boston the town of Racist"

baseballfans

And just because you've proven to be so ignorant Yammer, and I'm pretty sure this thread just might be shut down soon, despite my best attempts to keep it civil, here's one more for you

So sorry not everyone has the time(read: unemployed) to follow some juice monkey.

It took me seconds to figure out what Barry Bonds average is this year. As well as his walks and strikeouts.

If you aren't going to take 2 seconds to try and make sure what you're saying is true, maybe you don't belong in the conversation.

Well, then again, with all the willy-nilly numbers throwing around here, maybe you do...

No.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston in the past, maybe.

But there are plenty of black/non-white stars now that enjoy huge popularity: Troy Brown, Paul Pierce, and so on.

until they stop performing, then they're 'whiney caribbean swishes' as i've heard pedro described by local 'journalists'. it's a fine line between paid professional athelete and hired help in this town.

i live in east boston. tell me there's no segregation.

i can't count how many times i've heard spick or some other derogatory hispanic slur this week.

I'm trying to think who is more rascist Boston or Houston??? lol

Hmmm... I'm sorry... but you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong. One thing is talking about A TEAM... and a whole different thing is talking about A CITY.

Boston as a city = racist, always has been... even since the early days of this great country.

Boston as a team = non-racist.

Houston as a city = non-racist 100%... heck, I've been living here for a few years now and I certainly can tell you guys (as a hispanic) that I have NEVER been mistreated or seen mistreatment of people base on their race (and we really are a melting pot around here now a days)... well, other than the typical attitude that african americans have towards ANYBODY (which to many is just a perfect example of what racism is... ain't that ironic? :roll:).

Houston as a team = hmmm, difficult one... but yes, there's been some talk about that going on during the last couple of years... but I really don't think it applies... as a "racist" team wouldn't have such a hispanic presence.

Just my $0.02.

D24

How the heck did Houston get dragged into this? lol

I've been there a few times, great hostpitality. Same for San Antonio, beautiful city. Texas in general, great places to visit if you have the chance. Obviously another "topic" that's gone out of hand. Nothing surprising there.

You know why people do "Barry bashing"? BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT.

Hmmm...

Pleople is so damn over sensitive these days...

Bonds with an attitude!?!? I'm sorry but that is just wrong. So this guy is a "I-dont-like-to-talk-to-the-media" type of athlete and suddenly that makes him a bad person!?!?. WTF!? there are other guys in the game today that REALLY DESERVE to be bashed... but you don't hear about them because they aren't in the same level of excellence of Mr. Bonds... but I'm guessing that is the perfect excuse to attack one and no the others, right?. People just can't handle that a guy can be so successfull and at the same time be the antithesis of a charismatic figure.

The same was happening to Junior Griffey... everybody was bashing him... "he doesn't smile anymore", "he's no longer The Kid", etc.

I just have a simple question... SINCE WHEN IS ANYBODY SUPPOSED TO BE LIKED BY EVERYBODY!?!? WHY ON EARTH DO I HAVE TO FAKE A SMILE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF PEOPLE NOT BASHING ME!?!?.

Bonds deserves it... YES... but what he deserves is... R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Bonds is a juice monkey. I mean it was reportedly said his hat size grew two sizes bigger in 2001 alone. The fact that he was a skinny runt when he came into the league and then over the last 5 years he has balloned into the 200+ weight area.

Bonds makes me sick. Also has. I hated the guy when i was a fan of baseball. I come back to like the game and still see his fat *** walking up the plate and swinging at garbage pitches so he can get homers(does he ever hit for average anymore?)

Hmmm... what about Mr. Big Mac!? he was a skinny, white guy at the beggining of his carreer.

Mark McGwire = great guy, great numbers, steroid cloud over him!?!? hell yeah, but nobody seens to remember that... and yes, he was a very good player.

Barry Bonds = quiet guy, not your typical big mouth, I-want-TV-time kind of player, to the contraty, the farther away from the cameras, the better for him... steroid cloud over him!? yup! and apparently that's all he's known for... but hey! what about his numbers!?!? INCREDIBLY GOOD... but nooooooo, that doesn't matter in baseball, right!?.

My opinion is that one is not in the same level of the other... Bonds is really high up there with The Babe, Hammering Hank and Mr. Say Hey.

Both deserve our highest praises.

Way to take the quote out of context there Yankee.

I was accusing KenDammit of inventing numbers to bash Barry Bonds.

Did I say it was wrong to bash Barry Bonds for being a class A jerk?

No.

I said making up numbers to try and bash Barry Bonds is pretty silly.

Does Bonds amazing play make him any less of a jerk? No.

Does Bonds amazing jerkiness make him any less of a great player? No. Unless your so upset about it, you decide to let it.

And, once again, to prove I'm not trying to stack the cards in Bonds favor, I found THIS ARTICLE about the whole fiasco, as well as few others.

Going through the search engine, I also found a few messages boards, where people were actually accusing other people of being racist because they thought Ruth was better than Bonds.

As I stated. That's just too stupid to even handle. Anyone who talks or thinks like that usually has racisim and hate on their minds.

"So that means Barry Bonds does, huh?!!" you scream triumphantly, trying to latch on to anything that might be bad about Bonds.

Yes. It does.

But he's still one the best ballplayers ever.

[Although Barry Bonds may well be ON the best baseball players ever, I edited the last line to read ONE, thank you]

Lol, what numbers did I invent to "barry bash"?? Now you just sound like a suck *** lemming dude. No number that i've said here for barry bonds or anyone else has been "invented" Look it all up yourself. I would like to know what number I "invented" The numbers MAY be off one or two points, but they are the numbers I read, on my screen, from the websites as they were last updated.

Keep sucking barrys nuts, maybe one day he'll give you a signed bat and a dirty needle.

*at this point I've had it with being civil*

Lmao, this blows my mind. You mentioned Bonds stellar OBP and Slugging percentage, and I said Ruth was better in both, especially slugging. If you don't believe me, go to MLB.com and compare them. I don't see how you've proven Bonds was anything, you've thrown some numbers and said there, he's great. you're calling me a broken record when you keep throwing this **** out about how Bonds is amazing, all-world, looking around on the internet for quotes and **** to support you? I have pointed out EVERY stat of both Bonds and Ruth as I compared them. What more would you like me to do? Make a pretty little spreadsheet that you can load with Excel to look at? I'm still blown away by the fact that you accuse me of inventing numbers. Apparently you don't know as much as you think you do, or you would have seen the numbers for yourself :) The only time I mentioned barry bonds and strikeouts is when you got on this kick of saying he was second among active players in stats *only the stats that supported your argument btw* and I went to the same site, and showed ALL the stats, "to be more fair"

So i'll end with this..what stats did I make up, and I will prove you wrong. Then you'll look like a bigger jackass for not only being wrong, but for trying to think you know everything :) Apparently you don't know who is actually still in baseball, If you take out the six from the list where Barry Bonds is 12th, that would make him what...6th all time in active players...take that made up stat and shove it up your ***. I've never missed your point..I was just showing BOTH sides, unlike you who wants to SAY so, but obviously are delusional :)

Have a good day, now go look the stats up for yourself. I'm done with this...you're obviously brainwashed.

I am a Massachusetts native and life-long red sox fan. I have had the good fortune to travel quite a bit around this country and abroad. And I am no great fan of Bonds but i do have to say i hear where he is coming from: Boston remains the only place I have ever heard the N-word thrown around in casual conversation.

Wow Ken, if you actually would have read what I posted, right there over on page 5, you would see where I compared Ruth's totals with Bonds.

It's like you don't even understand the english language or something.

You've offically become a waste of time.

Bonds deserves it... YES... but what he deserves is... R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

If Bonds wants respect from most people, he needs to take that armor off his elbow and find some way to prove he didn't take steroids. I don't know if he can even do that, but if he and his fans want respect from people than he needs to do it. If he does both of those things I'll respect him and put him top 5 on my all time player list.

Also, with McGwire, there isn't really any complaining about his andro-taking. Why? Well, part of it is because he's an open guy to the media. Also, he didn't try to deny it over and over. And what he did wasn't even illegal when he did it. And I don't think hardly anyone has been saying that McGwire is the best or one of the best players ever.

If you don't believe me, go to MLB.com and compare them. I don't see how you've proven Bonds was anything, you've thrown some numbers and said there, he's great. you're calling me a broken record when you keep throwing this [naughty word] out about how Bonds is amazing, all-world, looking around on the internet for quotes and [naughty word] to support you?

Seriously it's like your this.. crazy insane guy who doesn't actually read what is posted.

A) I got quotes that both supported AND detracted from Barry. I never did anything but present the facts.

B) One last time KenDammit, although I'm pretty sure your thick skull won't get it this time either: I AGREED THAT BONDS WAS NOT AS GOOD AS RUTH LIKE YESTERDAY.

Once again, my case of you being so angry your blind to actually seeing things that are going on right in front of your face.

and I went to the same site, and showed ALL the stats, "to be more fair"

Hmm? Let's see. I'm the one who posted both of their OBP and SLG numbers.

I'm the one who showed how their strikeout ratio is pretty much exactly the same. What did you say?:

We won't mention that he is 55th in career strikeouts, or 6th-ish among active players

Yes, you also failed to mention how close he and Ruth are to each other.

What else did you say? Hmm. Let's find out:

btw, career numbers wise, Ruth has Bonds beat in both OBP and slugging, by pretty good margins in both, especially slugging.

To which I responded:

[Now this is AGAIN, Kendammit, missing the point that I agreed Babe Ruth was probably the best over 3-jillion posts ago. [Did you like that 3 jillion, I figured if you can invent numbers, so can I]

Slugging%

Babe Ruth - .690 (1st all-time) (Tops 13 years in a row, from '18-31)

Barry Bonds - .602 (7th all-time)

So he has him beat by 7%, good for him. Bonds is still 7th all-time.

OBP%

Babe Ruth - .4739 (2nd all-time)

Barry Bonds - .4332 (8th all-time)

This time, 4% is the different.

So, as I've already stated, RUTH IS BETTER THAN BONDS, FINE.

So really, in your last post, everything you said I covered about, oh, 10 posts earlier.

All I'm saying is you should try reading before replying.

Wow Yammer, way to turn this into a Grade-4 playground where we shout unintelligent insults back and forth at each other.

Your bright future in this world is really shining through.

sorry, I was tired and work was hell.

As for the previous post where the word racist came up: Its funny how he thought the word "monkey" when used in reference towards a black guy automatically makes it a racist comment. Looks to me like someone here knows to racist terms. The term "juice monkey" is NOT racist. Sorry if I offended any white supremacists in that my term was not intended for that purpose. Its a slang for someone who is a slave(oops, I guess thats another racist term huh?) towards the use of steriods. You can go on a defend Barry Bonds. I don't have any ill will towards the guy, I just don't respect what he has done in the last few years. You say Bonds was a great player before he hit the 73 homeruns. So if he was so great then, why does he have to resort to using steriods, growth hormones so late in his career? Is it to make up for his medicore playing ability? Bonds has one thing going for him his whole career and that was his ability at the plate. He isnt that great of an outfielder as I can't even remember the last time the guy made a sliding catch or a diving catch. He doesn't want to dirty his uniform. If you are a Bonds fan, that's fine. I can respect that. But you should respect the opinions of others and stop trying to cram this crap about him down our throats. Your list has him ahead of Honus Wagner, which I don't agree with, but that's fine.... its your list.

Someone mentioned Maguire and how he was skinny early in his career and when he left he was one of the biggest in the league. Was Maguire a juice monkey(or since he is Irish, should I call him a juice Mic to go with my so called racist remarks?) or did he just discover weight training? I don't know.... I wasn't in the gym with the guy. Maguire didn't look very ripped and if he was on roids, he'd be a lot more defined since steriods gets rid of excess water in the system and under the skin. but he looked kinda fat in his last few years. Fat as in, undefined. Now Bonds could be using. He could also be on andro, Cell tech, Nitro tech, hydroxycut(which I doubt this one cuz he looks kinda puffy) or anyother kind of suppliement which is 100% legal safe as most of the ingredients are found in red meat(creatine) or are natural herbs(willow bark extract in the case of hydroxycut).

there is a differance though Mark McGwire admitted to taking some kind of enhancers Bonds continue's to lie about it

why don't you call up NBC ABC CBS FOX CNN and ESPN and tell them that you saw bonds taking steroids? you could make a lot of money maybe even get a book deal about how you saw bonds buy steroids and even use them. :roll:

As for the previous post where the word racist came up: Its funny how he thought the word "monkey" when used in reference towards a black guy automatically makes it a racist comment. Looks to me like someone here knows to racist terms. The term "juice monkey" is NOT racist. Sorry if I offended any white supremacists in that my term was not intended for that purpose. Its a slang for someone who is a slave(oops, I guess thats another racist term huh?) towards the use of steriods. You can go on a defend Barry Bonds. I don't have any ill will towards the guy, I just don't respect what he has done in the last few years. You say Bonds was a great player before he hit the 73 homeruns. So if he was so great then, why does he have to resort to using steriods, growth hormones so late in his career? Is it to make up for his medicore playing ability? Bonds has one thing going for him his whole career and that was his ability at the plate. He isnt that great of an outfielder as I can't even remember the last time the guy made a sliding catch or a diving catch. He doesn't want to dirty his uniform. If you are a Bonds fan, that's fine. I can respect that. But you should respect the opinions of others and stop trying to cram this crap about him down our throats. Your list has him ahead of Honus Wagner, which I don't agree with, but that's fine.... its your list.

Someone mentioned Maguire and how he was skinny early in his career and when he left he was one of the biggest in the league. Was Maguire a juice monkey(or since he is Irish, should I call him a juice Mic to go with my so called racist remarks?) or did he just discover weight training? I don't know.... I wasn't in the gym with the guy. Maguire didn't look very ripped and if he was on roids, he'd be a lot more defined since steriods gets rid of excess water in the system and under the skin. but he looked kinda fat in his last few years. Fat as in, undefined. Now Bonds could be using. He could also be on andro, Cell tech, Nitro tech, hydroxycut(which I doubt this one cuz he looks kinda puffy) or anyother kind of suppliement which is 100% legal safe as most of the ingredients are found in red meat(creatine) or are natural herbs(willow bark extract in the case of hydroxycut).

Ummmmmm..... actually hidroxycut, and creatine, and cell tech, and nitro tech etc. isn't actually proven to be 100% safe. They really don't know long term side effects yet because there hasn't been long term testing. Also a proven fact is that those muscle enhancers can have perminant damage on kindeys and liver if you don't take the medicine on a cycle. (as in you have to take a break for a while otherwise those organs will get overworked).

why don't you call up NBC ABC CBS FOX CNN and ESPN and tell them that you saw bonds taking steroids? you could make a lot of money maybe even get a book deal about how you saw bonds buy steroids and even use them. :roll:

lol I was just stating a fact no need to get all stupid about it

must suck to be wrong. :D i am above arguing about something as trivial as this. i think this topic needs to be closed because people continue to prove that they can't grow up. 8 year olds call each other names.

The funniest part of Bonds' comments was when he was asked if he expected a monument to be built when he retired. He said, ""Nothing, man...I'm black. They don't build stuff for blacks."

Where does Bonds play baseball? SBC Park. SBC Park's address?

24 Willie Mays Plaza

Also in that plaza is a statue of Willie Mays, who is Barry Bonds' godfather and idol, so you'd think he'd be aware.

Archived