Bond said. "Boston the town of Racist"

baseballfans

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of a time when the Jays were being accused by writers of having a lesser 'ethnic' influence on their team, that it didn't properly 'represent' the city of Toronto.

To which some very smart person replied with, something like 'We don't choose our players based on their race, we choose our players based on who is best for our ballclub'

If a club were truly 'racist' then it would have all white ballplayers, wouldn't it?

I think the implication that the amount of ethnic players a team has relates to their being racist or not-racist is kinda silly.

Which reminds me. Most basketball teams are SOOOO racist!!

yea... theres only a certain ammount of black players and white players to go round... just like lefty's and righty's... some teams have more of either, some have less...

does that make some teams prejudice against left handed batters?

get over it :roll:

I don't think Bonds was referring to the team itself as being racist, but rather massachusetts (especially in and around Boston) as being racist.

In my opinion, eastern mass is about 20 years behind the times when it comes to racial integration. I mean take a community outside boston like Weston where a wealthy man like Bonds might expect to buy a home. Would he be welcomed with open arms by that community? I honestly can't say yes with any certainty - and that in itself might be enough for someone like Bonds to just say the hell with Boston altogether.

I mean let's give the man some credit here. I don't think he pulled this whole thing out of thin air. Obviously, he has talked with some people who have experienced racism in Boston.

wow! took a few days off from the forum to actually go to work and a 1 page thread is now 9! guess i'll jump back in:

kendammit i love u guy! u know u'r baseball and i respect any man (especially nowadays) who has a love for this great game. u are right baseball games are decided upon one run. BUT a players career is judged solely on HIS individual stats. we can't go back and have bonds play with the other all-time greats, and we can speculate upon whether so and so would have done this or that if he played then or today... but it'll never happen. so when all is said and done barry will rank up there with all of them. as i said before as far as players go that i have PERSONALLY had the chance to see play in my life he may be the best, right up there w/ yaz, rose, mccovey,schmidt, etc. etc. the guy may be getting on in his years. but let's not forget a few things, he has won numerous gold gloves, WAS considered a menace on the basepaths, and has won 6 MVP's. hell he's 500/500. by next year he will pass ruth as number 2 on the all time HR list. if he can hold out he will pass aaron. oh and he is batting .360 as of the beginning of last night's game. which by the way we won to take first place in the NL west (sorry rolie and bigbully- how the hell has alou been pulling this off?).

also i feel the need to point this out, "if u live in glass houses u should not throw stones", cubs (mainly) and yankees (to a smaller extent) fans: please don't accuse barry of roids. sosa was a skinny little underachieving bum when he played w/ the sox and the rangers, if u think barry has "grown" take look at little sammy, who btw is being accused of roids, and if i'm not mistaken was busted w/ a corked bat last year. early in his career w/ milwaukee sheff was an underachieving head case who nobody wanted cause he was too freaked out to play solid baseball. giambi i can't say too much about - he freaks me out to look at with his flared nostrils and sweaty a#@ he looks like he always has to take a dump lol. either way these guys have all been accused of the roids. BUT barry has ALWAYS i repeat ALWAYS been a great player.

Boston fans: please don't talk about a players lack of sportmanship, or players being bad for the game. or at least don't talk until pedro and manny are gone; and Mllar rejoins the MLBPA.

Ezorn- How many minority starters do they have? Ortiz, Ramirez, Pedro, Pokey. Look at everyone else. Youkilis, Nomar, Damon, Varitek, Mueller, Millar, Schilling, Foulke etc.

And you don't think that has anything to do with chance? Man, what an absolutely idiotic argument.

The Sox have tried, in recent years, to acquire: Sammy Sosa, Bernie Williams (pre-strike), Alex Rodriguez, Bartolo Colon, and Javier Vazquez.

In recent years, they've employed: Ugie Urbina, Rey Sanchez, Carl Everett, BH Kim, Tomo Ohka, Sunny Kim, Troy O'Leary, Ramon Martinez.

None of these players are so breathtakingly good that the Sox couldn't have gone after a white player instead. Why didn't they?

Man, that's just retarded.

Sosa might be on the roids too but is isn't calling citys racist and he isn't as whiney as bonds is eather. Ever sence the cork incident Sammy has shut his mouth. Thats what barry has to do after the steroid aquissations. He has to shut his whiney mouth and handle it as if he was up with babe ruth and them (which he is SKILLWISE). He has too be proffesional about this and until he is, this roid thing is going to just get bigger and bigger like the size of his biceps. Sammy has a much better attitude.

Jason Giambi is such a roided up mess that I don't even want to talk about him. He's too roided up to whine.

Bonds, here is my advice to you. You say that you are not on steroids, right... Well than go and **** in a cup and take the tests that you need to take to prove to us that you are innocent!!! wow.. i don't know where i came up with that idea.. If you don't take the tests than we all must assume that you are a juicemonkey because you are so afraid to take the tests. If Bonds isn't a juicemonkey, that he has the power to erase that asterisk next to his name. Otherwise, nobody will ever give him the credit that his stats so rigtfully deserve

I certainly will not give him credit until he proves him self innocent. He is obviously on them because he is such a ***** about taking the test. So is gary sheffield because he was littally crying on sports center a month or two back when they interviewed him about steroids. These pussys need to fess up or take the tests. I cannot give any of them credit until they prove that they arn't on steroids(which is almost impossibe because they most definately are) if they were on roids i will not give them credit for thier stats because it makes you so much stronger, it isn't like corking the bat which only makes the ball go like 3 extra feet ( that cork sosa thing was the stupidest thing i ever heard) Bonds will not get credit from me until he pisses in a cup period.

Guest Deznuts

Sosa is no angel either. Besides being busted with a corked bat, he has probably done roids as well. He weighed in at 175 when he was on the White Sox and now he is probably well over 220 pounds. He used to be a speedy center fielder that could steal bases and now he's a power hitter. I really don't understand why Sosa is more of a poster boy than Bonds. After all, Sosa punched his wife Sonja in the face a few times and she called the police on him. He also strangely "lost" $100,000 in a hotel somewhere. Was he buying drugs? Who knows...

THE END for Barry Bonds

Anyone here know how to do a Poll in this forum? I want to know if anyone still Believe Bonds don't use Steriod after this news?

A Steriod that is not detectable no wonder Bonds become that good. I always thought he took human grown Hormone that enchance his abilities.

The newspaper's report included direct quotes from Montgomery's testimony to the federal grand jury that investigated the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative. The Chronicle did not say how it obtained the information; it is illegal to give grand jury testimony to the media.

"No one can legally or legitimately have Tim's grand jury testimony, and if they think they have it, I would like to see it," attorney Cristina Arguedas told the Chronicle. "Otherwise, there's no way I can respond to these blind allegations, and I'm not going to comment on it."

So. The Chronicle won't say how they got the testimony (obviously) but we are all just supposed to believe it?

Maybe it is true. Heck, it PROBABLY is true. However, if I had a nickle for everytime some loser treated something some website/newspaper/etc. decided to call the truth... I'd have a lot of nickles.

Wow I knew bonds was on roids but listen to the way he responds to these aquissations

"I ain't never met Tim Montgomery. I don't know Tim Montgomery. I've never seen the dude in my life," Bonds said before the Giants' game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. "I don't even know what the guy does."
Asked if he feels betrayed by someone he doesn't know, Bonds said: "Betrayed by someone I've never met before? I didn't get betrayed. ... I don't even know who he is. So how he's making accusations of me I don't even know."
"It's stupid. I didn't read the thing. I just heard about it," Bonds said.
"It bothers me when people I don't even know are saying stuff about me," said Bonds, who hasn't homered in nine games. "Next time, if I know for sure so-and-so, they're going to talk to my lawyer from now on, I guarantee that. If any of them statements are true, they're going to talk to my attorney, I guarantee that -- in a lawsuit. ... See you in court, brother."

This guy is hillarious. You can tell he is on steroids by the way he talks "see ya in court brother" He should be on the streets playing gangsta where steroids are legal! I wonder why we even argue about this , only someone in acoma wouldn't see how juiced up this guy is.

so if your team traded for bonds you'd stop rooting for them i suppose? if you're gonna try and talk trash fine, but talk trash about EVERYONE who's being accused not just one guy. let's talk sammy "the roid" sosa who not only is accused of substance abuse and injures himself sneezing, but was busted with his corked "batting practice" bat. give me a friggin break. if your team traded for barry you'd be having wet dreams.

all i know is that my opinion has switched about boston being racist. listen to a post by drpenland on high heat about this same topic

Bonds is absolutely right. Boston is totally racist. Just look at their fans:

JimTheUmp- Can it get any more racist than this guy ? Free love, brownies, nature walks, and absolutely no black people. Racist.

Elguapo- Don't let the minority moniker fool you, the guys a flaming racist. Remember the hot chicks thread ? Here's a direct quote:

CODE  

blah blah blah I hate black people blah blah blah 

and this is the guy teaching our kids ? 

ezorn- Come on, this ones a no brainer. We all know ezorn is an editor, but what paper does he work for ? The "New Jersey Anti-minority Cicular". Disgusting.

REDSOXFAN- Just because his name is in caps don't let that fool you. The gas station he used to work for had a strict "Snow White" policy. If you know what I mean. Which you do. Which means you're outraged. As you should be. Racist.

sensucht69- Here's a quote from his job thread:

CODE  

So I'd like to be involved with technology because I hear you don' have to deal with non-whites. I like that.  

Yeah, thats the guy I want taking care of my money. Hate monger.

Alai- He's not a Boston fan but he's so racist he might as well be. Why ? Lets see, what are his favorite games ? Pirates, that mirror game, and pong. What are the commonalities ? NO BLACK PEOPLE! Totally racist.

Who can argue? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Isn’t someone that generalizes an entire city and all of its team’s fans as "racists" homologous to an actual racist? Generalizing and applying broad derogative terms to lots of people because of where they live or what sports teams they support is absolutely ignorant.

And then to agree with it by saying the teams were racist because they didn’t have many minorities... that just makes me sick. Like you have to hire minorities and be around them all of the time to keep from being labeled a racist. Hey, I haven’t seen or been around a black person in three years.... I guess I’m a racist :roll:

I can name a few basketball teams without any white or Latino players... Maybe they are racist? No, I can’t say that because it’s stupid. Teams hire who they want to hire and to assume race comes into play is just that - a silly assumption based on stupid perspectives.

Bonds is a good player, he was good before he buffed up also. Nobody can dispute he is good and any team would take him. But that doesn’t mean people can’t hate him. He’s a *****, an asshole, an ignorant thinker. He offends old-school baseball fans with his anti-Ruth comments, his showboating and his egotistical demeanor. His style of play is disrespectful to the game and everyone that took part in creating it. He isn’t the only one, but this thread is about him. There is no law that says he can’t be disrespectful or a jerk. But I still hate him.

Archived