Bond said. "Boston the town of Racist"

baseballfans

I don't know about U but I am very offended by Bond. That is like saying every boston redsox related either fan or organization are racist. And I am Yankees fan I don't feel that is right to say an organization that way.

Bond already on my dislike list ever since he make that stupid comment that everyone will forget Babe Ruth once he take over his Statistic.

Than this year MVP released the game without him cause Bond say U got to pay me to be in a game.

Now I feel I have change my dislike of him to HATE this man.

Add to the fact his personally trainer is the leader in selling illegal steriod to athlete across AMerica. Willie MAys dare to say he only see him weight training to be this strong. Ok I can say bond may not take steriod but he is taking some substance that in someway has enhance his ability.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about U but I am very offended by Bond. That is like saying every boston redsox related either fan or organization are racist. And I am Yankees fan I don't feel that is right to say an organization that way.

Bond already on my dislike list ever since he make that stupid comment that everyone will forget Babe Ruth once he take over his Statistic.

Than this year MVP released the game without him cause Bond say U got to pay me to be in a game.

Now I feel I have change my dislike of him to HATE this man.

Add to the fact his personally trainer is the leader in selling illegal steriod to athlete across AMerica. Willie MAys dare to say he only see him weight training to be this strong. Ok I can say bond may not take steriod but he is taking some substance that in someway has enhance his ability.

Who cares what Bonds says? You seem to listen to the guy's every word. The guy has an inferiority complex and he thinks he does nothing to anyone to make them dislike him. As soon as he is out of baseball, baseball will be that much better.

Oh, and this is very important...provide a link to what you are talking about. That's just common sense.

I've never really like Bonds either... it's just something about him, whether its his arrogance, the steroid thing, or the greediness I’m not sure, but he is one of the few players that I would not root for even if he somehow became a Cleveland Indian… and come on, I even rooted for Albert Belle once upon a time…

I DESPISE Bonds. He is the worst sportsman I have ever seen. ...and it's pretty obvious that he's loaded with steroids. Just compare how he looked in the early 90's as a skinny and quick 150 lb. guy with the way he looks now..

untitled.JPG

What ever happend to Baseball, I can remember a time when the players played for the love of the game(not money, not glory) All of the high paid players seem to have an attitude problem, and its not good for baseball, a sport I happen to love. As far as Bonds goes, he is not a good role model for the sport. Furthermore, the giants managment is also at fault for letting him get away with the things he does and says. Now I am a very big fan of the Redsox, I dont take any offence to what bonds said, Its his right as an American, but there are times when comments and personal feelings should be kept to yourself.....as the old saying goes, "If yor don't have anything good to say, don't say it."

Oh ya, hey Bonds-----Redsox 14 Giants 9

What are you talking about Boston is knowed for being a bunch of racist and not just red sox fans.. also celtic fans just ask Bill Russell he also called boston a bunch of racist. its not only Bonds.

this is true and i personally don't care either way, but this topic has been spoken about for years and years, i don't hate the red sox at all but i beleive they were under a lot of heat years back for their lack of minority players. i'm talking 70's or so when all they had pretty much (in the way of minority players) was jim rice and george scott and louis tiant. other MLB players of color didn't even want to play there for a while because of this. but HOPEfully that's water under the birdge now.

as for barry, he's just barry. that's his personality. he probably doesn't want to be a role model. but remember this, just because he doesn't kiss *** to reporters doesn't mean that every single thing they say about him is accurate or quoted correctly. i bet they didn't print everything that came out of his mouth regarding boston (it wouldn't have been a good enough story). if he was a media darling then everyone would probably have a different opinion on him, remember that. if he is the ***** that they SAY he is, he definitely is NOT the first, remember ty cobb?

personally i think that he is the best ever in my 30+ years on earth. right up there with yaz, rose, mccovey and too many others to list that i have personally seen play. did he do roids? man i really hope not, but i guess we'll never know. it would be a shame, and i just don't know why he would he was already such a great player, and already touted along w/griffey as the best in baseball. to me is just doesn't make any sense. now sosa, or sheff ...oh well, you can say barry is a ***** for being himself (supposedly) or say he's on the juice. but the best of my knowledge he's never been suspected of murder or abuse. and when he comes to the plate we'll all be watching.

TY CObb was a jerk, But he was one of the best, I remember when Mgwire beat ruths record, , wasn't he really skinny when he started, he must've of took steroids too. I love players that play the game with agression, Cobb, Bonds, Rose, Schmidt etc, they dont care what people think of them, they just play hard, As much as i hate Bonds , i respect him, and im a dodger fan lolz!

I'm trying to think who is more rascist Boston or Houston??? lol

That's actually pretty funny Yankee4Life, because just a few months ago when everyone was all on the Yankees (as usual) for doing what they have to win, and how the Yankees fans are defensive all time, I posted something to the effect that maybe the Yankees fans seem on the defensive because they are constantly being berated without much just cause. And then you were all, 'Yes! That's how I feel! Well spoken!. But NOW that what I Say doesn't agree with what you think, I'm a 12 year old.

Whatever.

I remember when Mgwire beat ruths record, , wasn't he really skinny when he started, he must've of took steroids too.

MacGwire admitted to taking performance enhancing drugs that were not illegal at the time, but now are... at least he had the balls to come out and say it, Bonds just keeps denying it when the evidence seems to say something different...

There are only 2 reasons why the MLB isn't pushing it with him:

1. Bacause the ratings he does draw to the game

2. Because they don't know what they will do about records he has set

...if they wanted to, they could have suspended him just like the olympians who are now banned from the olympics for the next few years for using the same steriod

i don't think there would be much of a fuss about it, afterall it is Bonds and he likes to yap about stuff...but, I just find it funny that he likes to talk the smack, but when someone says anything about him, he's pissy and whining about how he's the best to ever play baseball and all that nonsense.

He may be hitting a lot of homeruns, but as far as the best player, I don't think he's done what Babe Ruth did on both sides of the ball, or Ty Cobb, or Honus Wagner, or Tris Speaker, or Jimmie Foxx, or Ted Williams, or Lou Gehrig, or Joe Dimaggio, Joe Jackson, Satchel Paige, Stan Musial, or the feats of Nolan Ryan, Warran Spahn, Cy Young (since when did you hear of the Barry Bonds award???), Lefty Grove, Koufax, Fergie Jenkins, Mel Ott, Pete Rose, Cal Ripken Jr., Mickey Mantle, Ozzie Smith, Walter Johnson...I could name tons of names in front of him.

Barry Bonds can hit, beyond that, he's just a good-great player..but i would like to see his numbers with out the juice.

Cy Young (since when did you hear of the Barry Bonds award???)

All the other stuff you said, minus perhaps the steroid comments, were points I can accept/think on, or whatever.

However, THAT argument has absolutley no validity. It's not like when Cy Young was Pitching, they Called it the Cy Young award. History dictated it later. So 50 years from now, either you will be right, and Bonds will be a juice head, or they will give the MVP Award (or, if that irks you all too much, maybe some other award...) a new name.

Either way, all I'm trying to say is *I personally* feel Bonds deserves more respect. But then again, he doesn't care what I think, so whatever! :)

Also: Wow. Mark McGwire admitted to taking drugs that were not illegal at the time, and therefore did not disqualify him from any of his accomplishments. He sure is upstanding.

Sorry. I'm not trying to turn this into an argument, I just am truly shocked that because the guys a *****, all his achievements are written off.

Ozzie Smith did some things in the field that most people today can't even think of doing, let alone try. Ozzie Smith is one of a kind, and I don't think there will be someone like him playing shortstop ever again. Better hitters for sure, but no one plays the hole like the Wizard

No one will ever compete with Babe Ruth

a 2.28 ERA, 107 CG, 1221.1 IP, only 10 HR given up, 488 K's in 10 years of pitching, OH BTW, with 714 HR, a .342 lifetime avg, .469 OBP,

on top of a .968 FP with only 179 errors while playing three different positions in the same year for most of his career.

Ok, I agree with you on Babe Ruth.

I may have overstated my position a BIT (but not too much, I still put Bonds right up there), but I only did it because it seemed I had to overstate it, because everyone else is under-selling him so much.

Ozzie was the Wiz, and deserves a place among the best if only for his fielding alone, I'd agree.

I just wouldn't put him in the same catagory as Bonds.

However, IF he does test positive, I'll disavow any knowledge of speaking up for him.

Archived