Jpup's TM Plus 2.5 Available Now

jpup

Great work rabid mob,

Beg someone to so something, then treat him like sh*t when he won't do exactly as you ask.

What a great community we have.

i once knew a girl named Hory. Actually her real name was Natalie, but boy, she was a real ****.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mindwarped

what does that mean? so, i was a bit pissed off earlier. It just kinda bugs me that someone takes my work after I put in hours upon hours into it. all he had to do was wait 1 more day and I would have released the roster. I have always tried to help everyone on this board and have spent way too many hours doing all of this. It's not the fact that the rosters were going to be changed. It's the fact that Geforce asked me to do and not do certain things with his roster before I started version 1. He put many more hours into it than anyone else and he was kind enough to allow me to edit the rosters to make them more up to date and then everyone just direspected what he asked. I tried to explain that, but I guess I did not do it very well.

I think that sometimes we (including myself) forget that this is just a game. Ok, go ahead and do what you want with it, but I just want to make sure that Geforce knows that I didn't give anyone else permission on his behalf. I would just hope that you guys would respect me enough to understand where I am coming from. It just feels like I spent all of that time for nothing. I am sorry if I turned everyone against me and pissed you all off.

I hope there isn't hard feelings between anyone and myself. It's over as far as I am concerned. From day 1, I have done anything I could to help this community and I hope I have truly help progress this community and game in some way. I hope that I have made this game better for some of you. Thanks to everyone for your help with everything.

It had nothing to do with you, I hijacked Guests roster fixed a couple things and uploaded it in his name without him knowing. The last version he uploaded was v3

if you do not mind me asking, what did gforce not want you to do? I have made sure I did not change any stats, abilities, or such type things in any way. All I did was move people around.

I beleive all Guest did was create 3 players (and move people around), if he did change any thing else I will be first in line asking for the roster to be removed

hey guys, heres a view of the opening section of the readme.

Title: "TEAMFUZZ TOTAL CLASSICS ROSTER SET By TeamFuzZ"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Version: 2.0

Author: TeamFuzZ

THIS ROSTER USES GEFORCES-->JPUP's-->GUEST-->MINDWARPED-->FuzZ modifcations to

TOTAL MINORS.

THE MLB TEAM ROSTERS are DATED AUGUST 10, 2004!

This roster replaces AAA/AA with OLD TIME TEAM ROSTER,LOGOS,NAMES AND PORTRAITS.

there's a total posts list? where? I have the most posts?..

lol, click on the memberlist and sort by total posts. i am telling you thinking that you already knew that. this is the first time I have checked it out in a few months.

i have twice as many posts than you, and we joined on the first day??..

i didnt even know they kept track of that. i never really pay attention to the info in most peoples avatar section except mindwarp's jiggling titties..

damn, i feel like....i feel like a f'king loser.

ok that's it.i retire.bye guys.

Jpup, regarding your long post about your rosters, everyone does appreciate what youve done. The only question I have for you is why you feel like you spent that 50 hours of work on nothing? Wasnt the main purpose of doing this (aside from giveing yourself some good rosters) to let everyone else use them because alot of people want up to date rosters. Well, people wanted a no-DL roster and Guest gave them to us, so whats the big deal? It saved you time and it did the job. Please dont tell me that your pissed off because you create the rosters just so that they can be in your name and you can get all the credit? Its just a game man, enjoy it....

what does that mean? so, i was a bit pissed off earlier. It just kinda bugs me that someone takes my work after I put in hours upon hours into it. all he had to do was wait 1 more day and I would have released the roster. I have always tried to help everyone on this board and have spent way too many hours doing all of this. It's not the fact that the rosters were going to be changed. It's the fact that Geforce asked me to do and not do certain things with his roster before I started version 1. He put many more hours into it than anyone else and he was kind enough to allow me to edit the rosters to make them more up to date and then everyone just direspected what he asked. I tried to explain that, but I guess I did not do it very well.

I think that sometimes we (including myself) forget that this is just a game. Ok, go ahead and do what you want with it, but I just want to make sure that Geforce knows that I didn't give anyone else permission on his behalf. I would just hope that you guys would respect me enough to understand where I am coming from. It just feels like I spent all of that time for nothing. I am sorry if I turned everyone against me and pissed you all off.

I hope there isn't hard feelings between anyone and myself. It's over as far as I am concerned. From day 1, I have done anything I could to help this community and I hope I have truly help progress this community and game in some way. I hope that I have made this game better for some of you. Thanks to everyone for your help with everything.

And you didn't think I spent hours on my roster?... and when I did make the Non-DL Roster...You called it Crap... :roll:

i said it was over and it's over. 5 versions in one day tells me all i need to know. i don't recall calling MY roster crap. you haven't done anything so don't feel special. when you sit in front of your computer and type in every name of every player just to make sure they are on the right team, I will say that you have done something.

that is the last I will say about any of this. and you should drop it Guest, i think that would be a good idea.

EVERYONE, LET IT GO.

Guest Mindwarped

i said it was over and it's over. 5 versions in one day tells me all i need to know. i don't recall calling MY roster crap. you haven't done anything so don't feel special. when you sit in front of your computer and type in every name of every player just to make sure they are on the right team, I will say that you have done something.

that is the last I will say about any of this. and you should drop it Guest, i think that would be a good idea.

EVERYONE, LET IT GO.

in all fairness, 5 versions in a day is a little much, but 3 of them were my fault. I told him to just release the roster.dat file before I knew he had created players. Then I sorta screwed him over by uploading a new version without him knowing. (because I wanted you to get more credit in the readme file)

also one of the releases was because of the Lidle trade nothing else

So, let me get this straight:

GeForce makes a roster set, puts weeks into it.

Jpup ASKS FOR PERMISSION from GeForce to use his rosters, and IS GRANTED PERMISSION.

Jpup spends (I will use his estimate, being a roster editor myself I know he is lowballing) 50 hours working on rosters, being begged every second until they are out.

Guest and/or Krawhitham (the latter being the same guy who didn't want Hory to use his photo updates, and I supported Krawhitam's argument there) decides they want to make a Non-DL version and host it WITHOUT Jpup's permission (as in I don't even remember you asking, and if you did, you weren't granted it).

Come on, guys. Jpup told you not to use his rosters. Thing of roster editting as art. It's the same as stadium modding, cyberface modding, or anything else. It's up to the artist to decide what can and can't be done with the work. If he doesn't want you guys to touch it, fine. Don't touch it. But that is his decision.

I use to play a game for Dreamcast called Firepro Wrestling D. There was a HUGE modding community (much larger than this) for that game in terms of rosters. Then, all of the sudden, people started 'editting' rosters to 'improve them'.

The Firepro Wrestling D community no longer exists, as no one was willing to make mods for the game anymore. Get the picture?

Guest Mindwarped

So, let me get this straight:

GeForce makes a roster set, puts weeks into it.

Jpup ASKS FOR PERMISSION from GeForce to use his rosters, and IS GRANTED PERMISSION.

Jpup spends (I will use his estimate, being a roster editor myself I know he is lowballing) 50 hours working on rosters, being begged every second until they are out.

Guest and/or Krawhitham (the latter being the same guy who didn't want Hory to use his photo updates, and I supported Krawhitam's argument there) decides they want to make a Non-DL version and host it WITHOUT Jpup's permission (as in I don't even remember you asking, and if you did, you weren't granted it).

Come on, guys. Jpup told you not to use his rosters. Thing of roster editting as art. It's the same as stadium modding, cyberface modding, or anything else. It's up to the artist to decide what can and can't be done with the work. If he doesn't want you guys to touch it, fine. Don't touch it. But that is his decision.

I use to play a game for Dreamcast called Firepro Wrestling D. There was a HUGE modding community (much larger than this) for that game in terms of rosters. Then, all of the sudden, people started 'editting' rosters to 'improve them'.

The Firepro Wrestling D community no longer exists, as no one was willing to make mods for the game anymore. Get the picture?

Trues laid the law down, it does not matter if a modder does or does not give permission, you can use their work and do whatever you want as long as you drop their name in the readme file.

btw the DREAMCAST is a dead system of course the modders went on to do other games.

This sounds a lot like someone who just wrote an essay for a class he had a few semesters ago. The essay was a good one so one of his friends liked the essay so he follows the ideas introduced but says it a different way and turns it in for credit.

Think about it....

Trues laid the law down, it does not matter if a modder does or does not give permission, you can use their work and do whatever you want as long as you drop their name in the readme file.

I'm sorry, but that's not the way it is. I'm going to step up and be a man here and admit I was wrong in the way I handled the whole thing with Krawhitham. I just got in from a long hard day at work and he just happened to catch me at a very bad time. I think it could have been dealt with in a much more professional manner.

My stance on this has always been that if someone is going to alter someone else's work in any way then they ABSOLUTLEY need permission to post it for public use...PERIOD!

I will enforce this from this point on. No exceptions.

I let my own feelings on the subject get in the way here (I really don't care what anyone does to any of my work as long as I'm credited in the readme). I realize that that's where I was wrong.

The one thing that still confuses me in this whole thing is why would anyone care if someone wants to make their mod better? If youre getitng credit for it then it seems fine. The whole reason for making these mods is so that you and the rest of the community can have a better game, and by someone to edit it and make it better its doing everyone a favor.

The one thing that still confuses me in this whole thing is why would anyone care if someone wants to make their mod better? If youre getitng credit for it then it seems fine. The whole reason for making these mods is so that you and the rest of the community can have a better game, and by someone to edit it and make it better its doing everyone a favor.

You're not getting the point, Mike. Some people (myself included) like to keep their work as their own. Hell, even Krawhitam had an issue with Hory for using his work without permission, and it was understandable. He went as far as to take down all of his mods because of what happened.

Oh, and Kra, Firepro will never die. It was going a LONG time after the Dreamcast died. ;)

Guest Mindwarped

I'm sorry, but that's not the way it is. I'm going to step up and be a man here and admit I was wrong in the way I handled the whole thing with Krawhitham. I just got in from a long hard day at work and he just happened to catch me at a very bad time. I think it could have been dealt with in a much more professional manner.

My stance on this has always been that if someone is going to alter someone else's work in any way then they ABSOLUTLEY need permission to post it for public use...PERIOD!

I will enforce this from this point on. No exceptions.

I let my own feelings on the subject get in the way here (I really don't care what anyone does to any of my work as long as I'm credited in the readme). I realize that that's where I was wrong.

if this is true, then Guest's roster has to be removed.

JPup's roster was Guests starting point, period

NO and I don't appreciate you asking after i said that I wouldn't be giving permission to anyone. What part of NO do you not understand? I will be updating the rosters and uploading them soon enough. If you want to send it to other people without me knowing then that's fine, but take this to another thread. This is a WIP thread for my rosters using Geforce's ratings. G will never give anyone permission to update these rosters because you are talking about changing ratings. He doesn't like that and I do not blame him.

Guest Mindwarped

look at Guest's v5 readme

Guest's NON DL Complete Roster SET

This is a complete roster set which is needed because I had to created some new players

Credit: Gforce - Original Roster Creator ( thanks man )

Credit: JPup - Partial Editor

Credit: Mindwarped - Editor

Updates to this roster should be released as just a update and these files will still be required. The updates will just be roster adjustments which can be taken care of with just one file that you will need to copy over to your MVP Baseball 2004data directory.

Enjoy! ( Guest )

WTF I got higher credit than JPup, all I did was fix some errors.

Since we are being MEN here, I admit it was wrong to help and encourage Guest to make a non DL roster. I was blinded by the fact I wanted Fuzz's Classic roster and was under the impression JPup's roster would not be out until Aug 31st.

I was WRONG and I'm nothing more than a LOWLY DOG

I apologize

Archived