The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

Totte

I'm from England and I cant tell you how excited I am about this mod, I paid almost £40 to get this game when it first came out and you guys have made it all worth while. I've noticed people getting frustrated with the release date but from whats been said its going to be worth the wait.

Greetings fellow European :wink:

That was some well said stuff in there my friend :)

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totte,

Thanks for the update and hope that answers some of these repeated questions. I am all for the wait and look forward to this great work that you and the other mods involved in are doing at no financial gain and only with the thanks from the members here. My hats off to all of you and only wish I could be a more productive member of the board, however my busy schedule and modding illiteracy keeps me from it. Eagerly looking forward to the release.

Now, if only we can get some of these "net police" to get the sticks out of their asses....

Personally I don't think someone asking for an estimated ETA is really a big deal. It seems as if this person was simply asking a question and did not deserve the bitterness he received. It seems like a few people around this site seem to think that it is their job to police things. I understand there are moderators and people to keep the peace around here which is understandable but to act like an *** to someone for politely asking a question is really showing some poor character qualities. Even worse are these people who feel they need to try and be moderators on their own. If it doesn't have a "moderator" thing under one's name then their "policing" means nothing in my opinion. Not to be a thorn in anyone's side but it kind of irks me to see people treat others like crap when they don't deserve it.

Now back to the original issue. Has anyone ever thought about that maybe if a progress report on the mod was made every once in a while that the repeated questions asking about the status of the mod might just subside or stop altogether? It seems people are more eager to find someone to talk down to than to try and resolve the cause of the repeated questions. I totally agree that patience is the key and repeated asking shouldn't really be done, but you have to understand people's anxious feelings for such a great thing. Especially considering this mod was scheduled to be out around opening day. I'm a regular visitor to the board (although I don't post much) and read many if not most of the threads and in my opinion 90% of the questions asked looking for a status of the MVP 06 final release have been patient, polite questions that don't deserve some of the cynical and harsh comments. Everyone just needs to lighten upa bit and enjoy themselves here.

amen brother...i agree 100% with you. i commend you for taking time to say what is probably on a lot of visitors' mind. although ive never been scorned at personally here, i see it often on this site and its a shame. but then when the mod comes out, a lot of this "when is it coming out?" nonsense will hopefully cease.

hey, I've been a member since the '05 game came out, I've never posted before, but have downloaded several datafiles. I love the mvp series, have not stopped playing it yet, and I'm using a fairly mod-free version of the game (use the "un-juiced" mod for fewer homers) and still get endless hours of enjoyment from the game. I am excited about the '06 mod and would like to express my gratitude to all the modders who are toiling with no financial motiviation, and are doing so to share their expertise and love of this game. I am waiting patiently and whether the mod is released this week or in two months I will be exceedingly pleased because it will mean a NEW game to me, worth probably 1.5 years of continuous playing. Hopefully the rudeness and impatience exhibited by many will not dampen the spirits of those working solely for the enjoyment of others. Again thanks, for the upcoming '06 mod and for this great site!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, i just found out about the 06 LOL im kinda late yeah but ok thats not the point

i uninstaled my 05 and reinstaled a full install right?, then i downloaded the patch 5 from EA as the instructions show

then i instaled the 06 final version

then installed what i belive is total faces 8.0 plus faces or roster i dunno

the thing is everything looks great all rosters are updated and 06 logos and stuff but when i start any game no matter if its dynasty or play now once it loads to start it crashes to my desktop, any ideas what could be the problem?

Archived