The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

Totte

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys, i don't know if anyone else has had the same problem, but when i previously download the ILF version (since LL is no longer available), it shut down my entire computer when i was in dynasty mode. I'm re-downloading it now, so i'll try it again (i'm not using ANY mods at all). It crashes right after the game is over...

Can anyone tell me why the game crashes so suddenly like that? I would really appreciate some help in this because i've been trying it for months and it still doesn't work.

Frustrated but eager to play the game,

VaSoxFan

I dont mean to be to keep asking the same question and i know you said as Hory is finished with the portraits, but does anyone have an estimated time on when the the final MLB 06 version will be ready, im ready to get into my Yankee Dynasty. Dont want to start until the final version is done, know what I mean.

I dont mean to be to keep asking the same question and i know you said as Hory is finished with the portraits, but does anyone have an estimated time on when the the final MLB 06 version will be ready, im ready to get into my Yankee Dynasty. Dont want to start until the final version is done, know what I mean.

you could just use the beta than add all the stuff thats gonna be in the final version yourself, thats what I did, so I basically have the final version, minus a few portraits, but am adding them as thier released.

Nobody asked you to respond. Thanks.

Nor did I ask anybody if I could respond. It's already been said that when Hory gets finished there will be a release. Asking over and over won't make it happen any faster.

Yeah I understand all that but I also understand that someone knows the progress status and about how long it will be done, thats all I was asking.

tebjr asked you to stop asking and now I will. In fact, everyone stop asking when this mod is going to come out. And I also want people to stop making a new thread asking "when is Mvp 06 coming out?"

Do you think that if it were ready right now that Totte and his team would be releasing it today? Just for sole fact of those guys not having to see this same question over and over.

it seems like this was answered awhile back but i can't find it:

i was under the impression that the beta versions had a couple bugs that would be worked out in the final version. is that correct? that's basically the only reason i haven't got 06 yet - if the betas are workable then i have no problems throwing in the random mods as needed.

it seems like this was answered awhile back but i can't find it:

i was under the impression that the beta versions had a couple bugs that would be worked out in the final version. is that correct? that's basically the only reason i haven't got 06 yet - if the betas are workable then i have no problems throwing in the random mods as needed.

Yes, there are some issues with the 06 mod, but they are correctable by installing the updated mods. The 06 mod sometimes causes stutter, so you can D/L and instakll Kraw's 06test2 patch at www.total-classics.com, which will replace 2x uni's with 1x uni's. Their were some issues with location of the pitch meter and one of the camera views, but they can be fixed with MaddieDaddie's latest datafile. If you don't like the more difficult pitch meter, it can be edited or you can D/L Kraw's easy pitch datafile at total-classcis. The beta plus the updated mods/fixes works and plays great.

Pat

Personally I don't think someone asking for an estimated ETA is really a big deal. It seems as if this person was simply asking a question and did not deserve the bitterness he received. It seems like a few people around this site seem to think that it is their job to police things. I understand there are moderators and people to keep the peace around here which is understandable but to act like an *** to someone for politely asking a question is really showing some poor character qualities. Even worse are these people who feel they need to try and be moderators on their own. If it doesn't have a "moderator" thing under one's name then their "policing" means nothing in my opinion. Not to be a thorn in anyone's side but it kind of irks me to see people treat others like crap when they don't deserve it.

Now back to the original issue. Has anyone ever thought about that maybe if a progress report on the mod was made every once in a while that the repeated questions asking about the status of the mod might just subside or stop altogether? It seems people are more eager to find someone to talk down to than to try and resolve the cause of the repeated questions. I totally agree that patience is the key and repeated asking shouldn't really be done, but you have to understand people's anxious feelings for such a great thing. Especially considering this mod was scheduled to be out around opening day. I'm a regular visitor to the board (although I don't post much) and read many if not most of the threads and in my opinion 90% of the questions asked looking for a status of the MVP 06 final release have been patient, polite questions that don't deserve some of the cynical and harsh comments. Everyone just needs to lighten upa bit and enjoy themselves here.

Has anyone ever thought about that maybe if a progress report on the mod was made every once in a while that the repeated questions asking about the status of the mod might just subside or stop altogether?

I made an agreement in this thread like 2 months ago that I would keep you updated on the progress if you guys would stop asking questions about when it would be ready.

Still the same answer as two months ago: we're waiting for the portraits to be finished.

Thats a good answer but so general and broad. Yeah I kind of agree with atrain about some of the people on this site. I understand what totte is doing takes alot of time and work. It will greatly appreciated. But anyway its all good, no harm done. :wink:

Thats a good answer but so general and broad.

I'm aware of that but what else can I say but the truth? The truth is that we're waiting for the TP-set to be finished because we don't want to release it now without it. We've said all along that the next update would be the last and "make your MVP 2005 game feel like a whole new ballgame". How do you make it feel like a whole new game if you don't have a new set of portraits included?

(It's not directed to you rows24 and I apologize if it in any way seems offensive and directed at you. I'm just ventilating my brain about what we've talked about in the MVP06 mod-group)

Hi guys,

I haven't posted on here for a long time but I just wanted to give thanks to everyones hard work on this site. I'm from England and I cant tell you how excited I am about this mod, I paid almost £40 to get this game when it first came out and you guys have made it all worth while. I've noticed people getting frustrated with the release date but from whats been said its going to be worth the wait.

Peace :wink:

Go PHILLIES!!!!!

Archived