The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

Totte

This is by a group of modders that love the game and want to continue EA's hard work (since they can not). The two main modders behind this project are Hory & Totte, right behind is Big Shmooz who worked countless hours on the models.big file

This update for MVP 2005 has various mods from some of the best modders at MVPmods

This update has been about 95% done for a month now. We have been waiting on permission from other modders to use their mods in this TC (Total Conversion). We are proud to say not one of the modders said NO to our requests, but a few never replied. I asked Trues if the site had any rules on using other people’s mods for this TC if they never replied. He told us if we put forth a good faith effort to reach the modders and they never replied it was OK use there work.

Keep in mind this is a beta, the final version is do opening day (maybe before). This release is for feedback. I can say I have played about 80 games with different teams and it has not crashed ONCE. From the feedback we will make updates for this mod, all these update will be included in the final version. If you want to help with this mod all you have to do is post your ideas/images/work in the official thread. Anyone is welcome to help out; our goal is not self promotion but to release the best possible upgrade to MVP 2005

Here is what is included:

• 58 updated stadiums (various modders #1)

• 897 updated cyberfaces (various modders #2)

• The best most up to date rosters (Totte)

• 1363 audio updates INCLUDING some new team audios (Total Audio+ HORY)

• 3277 portrait upgrades (Total Portraits HORY)

• 21 generic face upgrades (Uncle Mo)

• 448 uniform upgrades (mainly Mosser plus #3)

• 63 Loading screens (should be updated again before the final version)

• 2006 schedule (Hory)

• multiple backgrounds (some will be reworked before the final version)

• NEW datafile (MaddiesDaddy) contains #4

• NEW Overlay (Trues)

• 58 stadium select screens

• updated LOC files

I used the updated files from Big Shmooz's models.big for this release

For a total of more than 6000 updates and upgrades:

Stadiums

•HaloFan: Angel Stadium of Anaheim Day

•HaloFan: Angel Stadium of Anaheim Night

•Hyman: Dolphins Stadium day

•Hyman: Dolphins Stadium night

•Y2K and Hyman: Yankee Stadium day

•Y2K and Hyman: Yankee Stadium night

•Pirate & Tribetime: Tropicana Field

•Pirate: Minute Maid day

•Pirate: Minute Maid night

•Pirate: Bank One Ballpark day

•Pirate: Bank One Ballpark night

•Pirate: Safeco Field day

•Pirate: Safeco Field night

•Pirate: Comerica Park day

•Pirate: Comerica Park night

•Pirate: US Cellular Field day

•Pirate: US Cellular Field night

•Pirate & Moser316: Miller Park day

•Pirate & Moser316: Miller Park night

•Pirate: Jacobs Field day

•Pirate: Jacobs Field night

•Pirate: McAfee Coliseum day

•Pirate: McAfee Coliseum night

•Pirate: Great American Ballpark day

•Pirate: Great American Ballpark night

•Pirate: Kauffman Stadium day

•Pirate: Kauffman Stadium night

•Pirate: PNC Park day

•Pirate: PNC Park night

•Pirate and Bravesj858: Turner Field Day

•Pirate and Bravesj858: Turner Field Night

•Pirate: Busch Stadium day

•Pirate: Busch Stadium night

•Pirate: Citizens Bank Park day

•Pirate: Citizens Bank Park night

•Pirate: SBC Park day

•Pirate: SBC Park night

•Pirate: Petco Park day

•Pirate: Petco Park night

•Pirate: RFK Stadium day

•Pirate: RFK Stadium night

•Pirate: Ameriquest Field in Arlington day

•Pirate: Ameriquest Field in Arlington night

•Pirate and MauerPower: Metrodome

•rdsk: Rogers Centre day

•rdsk: Rogers Centre night

•Rolie: Dodger Stadium day

•Rolie: Dodger Stadium night

•Sawnd G: Shea Stadium day

•Sawnd G: Shea Stadium night

•The Big O: Fenway Park day

•The Big O: Fenway Park

•The Big O: Oriole Park at Camden Yards day

•The Big O: Oriole Park at Camden Yards night

•Trues: Wrigley Field day

•Trues: Wrigley Field night

•UNMLobo: Coors Field day

•UNMLobo: Coors Field night

Cyberfaces If I missed anyone I'm sorry, I do not know who created what, all I can do list the names that Big Shmooz does in his readme (in the same order as his readme)

•Jogar84

•Terminatorkorea

•Kccitystar

•Tribetime26

•bodhiball

•Zach

•JDF42

•Uncle Mo

•Bill

•boricuapapi1885

•tommyjay117

•AG

•torement

•Krawhitham

Uniforms Modders as listed by Big Shmooz in his readme

•Kccitystar

•RAM

•BigBully

•Umachines

•Moser

•thespungo

•Fizzjob

I'm 99.9% sure I removed all of KC's uniforms (I assumed he wanted no part in this as he had his version of UR 5.0 plus pulled from MVPmods. So he was not bugged by us about the 2006 project, if I'm wrong KC and you want your work in this mod contact Totte or Hory)

Datafile

Started with MaddiesDaddy datafile

MaddiesDaddy's datafile contains:

•Infielder Fielding Position Changes

•Trues' batting camera #4

•Spitoon Walk fix

What was added:

•SerialMike's Walk and Strikeout fix

•Pared's behind the pitcher camera #6

•Spitoon changes to move outfielders back

•abhall's High Heat" Low Batting view camera #5

This is a 100 % FREE update for your MVP 2005 Baseball game by EA Sports.

We however ask you to PLEASE make a donation to the modders Paypal accounts if you like the upgrade.

Totte’s Paypal christoffer.johansson@delta.telenordia.se donations go to the Swedish Children’s Cancer Foundation.

Hory’s paypal TotalMVP05@gmail.com

Pirate’s Paypal jaredhartung@gmail.com

Download the MVP06: MLB Project here:

Small version

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=2844

Large version

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=2845

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

things that need to be fixed

from gcurrier2004:

on the camera view, when you pitching on view 6 "from behind the pitchers, I was playing with the Cardinals against the Mariners, any time a left handed player came to the plate, the camera was totaly off and was looking into the crowd.

Another thing, not that big of a deal there is a double header listed for Astros/Marlins on opening day.

I love it, I downloaded it and it works great..... There are 2 issues I had though, possibly with the datafile, I was using a RHP against a lefty hitter, and the camera "that is behind the pitcher while pitching" is facing the crowd, and you cannot see home plate. And the other quick issue with the schedule, I should have looked this up before I call it a error, but I dont believe the Astros and Marlins are playing a double header on opening day. Im sure its a quick fix and not a big deal, but just wanted to bring these 2 things to your guys attention. Great mod guys, glad to see it come out. BTW, do you have a updated face list to add in the download? Thanks

whoops, Kraw already posted this......

First and formost, you guys freaking RULE. This updated is like MVP heaven. Thanks guys.

one thing I found wrong, something is wrong with the pitching meter, there is only a small yellow line in the meter, there is no green line in the yellow part of the meter. So it's kinda of hard to pitch.

Also, is the BTPC supose to be so far back like that, it just seems to far away.

Also, did you guys say your doing another update on opening day? If so will I beable just to over write the LL file?

Thanks guys, you are truley the best.

the pitch meter is because of the:

•SerialMike's Walk and Strikeout fix

&

•Spitoon Walk fix

I can upload a datafile without the two mods sometime tomorrow, assuming MaddiesDaddy allows me to.

help me out what does BTPC stand for?

sound like you want the orignal datafile back, copy it from disc one compressed.zip/data/datafile/datafile.big

but give it a few days 1st, the walk fixes really help gameplay it just takes getting use to it.

I have a quick question about date files, first i have no idea what they are so a quick explanation would be kind of nice. The walk fix I understand reduces the pitch meter size, thing is i use sliders with accuracy at -50, is this drastically going to reduce the accuracy pitching? With data file changes will I be able to play realistically without slider adjustments? How does this all work out?

Just played with it for an hour, feels like a new game. :) Give a cyberface to Andy LaRoche and the Dodger organization is pretty much perfect.

ps - any thought to include the Grass Changer in the dload?

the stadium grass is the way the stadium mod makers made them, no one connected to this project is going to change them.

but you should be able to download the grass changer on you own and use it.

as for the the cyberface if looks like you are in luck

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=1252

It should be added before the final version

I have a quick question about date files, first i have no idea what they are so a quick explanation would be kind of nice. The walk fix I understand reduces the pitch meter size, thing is i use sliders with accuracy at -50, is this drastically going to reduce the accuracy pitching? With data file changes will I be able to play realistically without slider adjustments? How does this all work out?

yes, without slider adjustments or will smaller adjustments.

Yeah, I know about the conversion limitations, but I thought I'd ask. Maybe just some of the other updates would be great. Good luck on the project guys!
I can do everything but the stadiums, cyberfaces, overlays

overlays can be done I just do not know how, someone can help with that it would be great.

as for all the other stuff, it will get done

hey guys quick question. should the sliders be set at 0 (default) with this mod? I have my old slider settings still on there and just got the tar kicked out of Curt Schilling for 8 runs in the 1st inning :lol:

The other thing I notice is maybe Curt's cyberface didnt look quite right. it may have been the shadows but it didnt really look like him.

everything on this mod is still great!

The other thing I notice is maybe Curt's cyberface didnt look quite right. it may have been the shadows but it didnt really look like him.

Schilling's cyberface haven't been changed at all - still the default one by EA.

I feel like I got too much credit. After lookin inside of the models.big file, I only saw 3 generic faces I made!

Your works is good and deserves the credit :wtg:

Keep me posted on your progress with the other stuff you're working on :wink:

Archived