The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

Totte

With this version sholuld ALL MVP patches be appled?

You need to install them before using our MVP project download.

Thanks again and where do I donate?

Look at the bottom of the first post in this thread or check out the readme in the download. Thanks in advance if you decide to donate :wink:

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is what I know that my pc has

OS Name:Microsoft Windows XP

Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack

System Model: Dimension4600ic

System Type: X86-based PC

Processor: x86 family 15 model 2 stepping 9 Genuintel~2600mhz

SMBIOS Version" 2.3

Boot Device: deviceHarddisk Volume 2

Total Physical Memory: 256.00mb

the nvida gforce 6200 video card that i got also has 256mb if that means anything... should i buy more ram or just delete a lot of things from my pc

deleting stuff from your computer will not help, 256 mb of main memory is not much. I would think with most of the graphics updates being 2x you might need more memory

deleting stuff from your computer will not help, 256 mb of main memory is not much. I would think with most of the graphics updates being 2x you might need more memory

so i should buy some ram... how much more do you think i need. and how much will that cost me... thanx for the help

this is what I know that my pc has

OS Name:Microsoft Windows XP

Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack

System Model: Dimension4600ic

System Type: X86-based PC

Processor: x86 family 15 model 2 stepping 9 Genuintel~2600mhz

SMBIOS Version" 2.3

Boot Device: deviceHarddisk Volume 2

Total Physical Memory: 256.00mb

the nvida gforce 6200 video card that i got also has 256mb if that means anything... should i buy more ram or just delete a lot of things from my pc

Go home, right click on "MY COMPUTER" click on properties, look at the box that pops up and make sure you are under the General tab like this print screen below and look for the number I circled below.

You either have 256 of ram, 512, 1 full gig like me or some other number. Even if your PC says 506mb of ram, your really have 512, or in other words, half a gig of ram. Round up. :o)

a dettachable hard drive is slower that a internal hard drive

I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure a hd will not solve your problem

256mb of ram is barely enough for windows xp to run well, get some memory it will improve overall system proformance greatly.

when I went from a 1.4ghz to a 2.8 ghz I did not notice much difference at all, but when I went from 256mb to 1gb the system doubled in speed

a dettachable hard drive is slower that a internal hard drive

I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure a hd will not solve your problem

256mb of ram is barely enough for windows xp to run well, get some memory it will improve overall system proformance greatly.

when I went from a 1.4ghz to a 2.8 ghz I did not notice much difference at all, but when I went from 256mb to 1gb the system doubled in speed

ok cool.. please let me know if this is a good one.. i want to pick it up after work..

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kingston-Te...roductDetail.do

Dude, is your video card 256mb or your RAM 256mb? Video cards have memory speed which is different from your PC's memory. Find out.

You want your video card to be like 128mb or 256mb (ideally-it doesn't have to be) and then your ram to be like 512 or 1 gig or more.

And I'm 99.99999 % sure you need to stop asking your friend for help.

Dude, is your video card 256mb or your RAM 256mb? Video cards have memory speed which is different from your PC's speed. Find out.

You want your video card to be like 128mb or 256mb (ideally-it doesn't have to be) and then your ram to be like 512 or 1 gig or more.

And I'm 99.99999 % sure you need to stop asking your friend for help.

LOL. Yea I take it you are right about that... LOL

but my nvida card is 256mb and my pc is as well.... so you think if i get a stick of 512 it will help

make sure you have enought slots.

don't pay someone to install them yourself, it is a 15 minute job, maybe 5 minute job.

so this is not as easy to install as the video card... i was just going to buy it tonight and slide it into the slot... but is this something hard to do...

so this is not as easy to install as the video card... i was just going to buy it tonight and slide it into the slot... but is this something hard to do...

not hard at all, slide into place and push upward. That is it

power edge 4600 right?

Up to 24GB DDR ECC SDRAM:

12 DIMM sockets

4-way interleaving

Chipkill and “Spare Bank†support

for enhanced data protection in the

event of a DRAM chip failure

you have the slots

I made soemthing like this for my own personal use (since i format alot) one observation/tip i can pass along is use click teams install creator pro for your install. This would eliminate all of this batch code writting as all you would need to do is put in the full modded files only and it will overwrite files. This would do a few things:

Eliminate code writting mistakes

Eliminate the need for 2 gigs of hdd space because of all the copying of files.

make it easier for you to keep track of all files modded.

make it quicker and smaller for the community to download

would allow you to use the installer to read the users own personal registry to auto detect their mvp install folder and automatically select it for them

Doing all the batch processing and compression and stuff takes so much longer and is really unnecessary if your intending this to be used on fresh installs or whatnot. Batch processing is really prehistoric now with nice install makers at the ready.

Archived