The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

Totte

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to be nice but [naughty word] it, do you have any [naughty word] idea what you are talking about?

There are 2 releases; both are 100% the same once installed. The Livin' Large (584MB) is ALL fully modded files that overwrite the non modded files. The version with the nasty batch files is only 308MB

The reason for the prehistoric batch file is simple, the three utilities I use (2 of which were produced within the last year) are command line programs.

The reason for the command line programs is also simple; you do have to understand EA file system a little. EA has there own compression for their files, MVP requires they be compressed with EA's compression to work in the game. To compress all the files as much as possible you have to UNcompress using EAzip, and then compress them using UHA.

UHA will compress EA's files 13% better if they are not 1st compressed with ea's compression. So I UHA all the files and then have EAZIP recompress them (for EA format) on the end users computer. Doing this like I said saved 13%

By not having fully modded files I was able to save 238 MB, also simple, for example the fully modded models.big file contains 4257 files. Only 3373 files need to be updated. (179mb VS 90mb)

Point by point

I'll start with #5 all my installers use to ready the register for the install folder, and countless people complained. For one of two reasons, either they uses the warez ripped version that does not set any register info, or they moved the MVP folder after they installed it. (very common, to set up a 2nd copy of the game with all the mods that are out)

#4 well I proved that was [naughty word]

#3 I have no problem keeping track of the mods, I have a nice system worked out

#2 that is the price you pay for downloading the small version, (the small version is for bandwidth strapped users) the large version does not need extra space for packing and unpacking files

#1 what mistakes

Further more if you noticed UR 5.0 plus is a 400 meg download and contains full modded files, you remember the ones you seem so big on. While MVP 06 is only 308 MB and contains everything UR 5.0 plus does plus:

58 updated stadiums

1363 audio updates

3277 portrait upgrades

63 Loading screens

58 stadium select screens

And allot more

But yet it is 92MB smaller.

Batch files and scripts (most of it is scripts for fifafs not a batch file like you thought) are not prehistoric, far from it.

Hey i wasnt bashing your work nor being rude to you. That smaller install that saves so little over full files also takes 10 mins longer to install.

Also i never said a word about UR 5.0 plus so again why cut something down?

I thought i could say something without someone acting like a lil kid, i could have been unconstructive in my post but i wasnt unlike you sir. Your free to do what you want its your mod thats the point....but dont cut down someone for trying to give you tips. You also assume i was saying you had errors....i never said you had errors, i said it would eliminate any scripting errors since you wouldnt need to mess with them.

Anyways good mod, good effort, i didnt come here to start a (fill in the blank) contest, just to give constructive feedback.

you called my work prehistoric man.

Trust me there is no way to make the install smaller unless you were to use WinRK compression. Yeah it would save another 5-10% in size but it would add another 5-8 hours to install, yes 5-8 fing hours. I started to compress all the files with WinRK, the program said it would be done compressing in 39 hours. Well F that.

some crazy mofos will download this on dialup, that is the reason for the smaller download with the batch files. Using batch files was they best way to go.

please take the mod and try to make it smaller than 305 mb and install faster.

I really was not that pissed at you, it was the straw that back the camels back. I'm getting countless messages asking why did I do this, why not try this, this would be better than the crap you did, etc.

I snapped, sorry

Pirate Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:19 am Post subject: Re: The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crazy fantabulous mod! I just downloaded it last night played a little today and I love it. I use the batting view #4 and it is perfection. Nice datafile. The only thing I don't like is the stadium preview screens and the splash screen. I say remove the text from the stadium files and it's great. I replaced the splash screen and love it. The mariano Rivera screen with the info is beautiful. I can't laud this enough.

I actually dont mind the splash screen, and the stadium preview screens. yes it looks a little cartoonish, but that doesn't bother me at all.

Amen to the Rivera and the Clemens screens though!

you called my work prehistoric man.

Trust me there is no way to make the install smaller unless you were to use WinRK compression. Yeah it would save another 5-10% in size but it would add another 5-8 hours to install, yes 5-8 fing hours. I started to compress all the files with WinRK, the program said it would be done compressing in 39 hours. Well F that.

some crazy mofos will download this on dialup, that is the reason for the smaller download with the batch files. Using batch files was they best way to go.

please take the mod and try to make it smaller than 305 mb and install faster.

I really was not that [naughty word] at you, it was the straw that back the camels back. I'm getting countless messages asking why did I do this, why not try this, this would be better than the crap you did, etc.

I snapped, sorry

Kraw,

No problem bud...my appologies for offending you by useing "prehistoric" to discribe the batch process you used (it was the onlything i could think of, and it has been around since the good ole days) for the smaller install. Your mod really is good, i was in the process of doing the same thing (for myself as a private thing like i posted above) and yours had everything that i had except for the newer rosters and a few small things that i had added. People should definatlly not question why you didnt use this or that. I definatlly was not trying to come accross as trying to tell you what you should do.

Sorry again that you felt that way. If however you want to make an installer for the full modded files that auto detects the persons mvp directory and has custom graphics...you can ask me and id be glad to help you out with it as this mod definatlly is deserving of better installer graphics than just the default stuff used by install makers.

two of the songs will be replaced, the datafile update is coming in about two hours or so, I was too drunk last night sorry.

damn I thought the 2005 w-l record was in the game, opps

what are markB's generic names?

what is HaloFan's New Icon remover?

new scouting reports sounds cool

and by the way Rossmac7 send me a pm asking for credit on the 06 project

so here you go

to rossmac7 who never talked to the 06 crew before it was released, who also did NOT make one mod, or edit one file included in the MOD thank you so much rossmac7 for all your hard work, without your contributions the mod would be, well 99.97% the same

everyone please give rossmac7 a hand for all his hard work

Every mod on this site, is taking someone else's idea/concept and making it better. I did not just repackage his file and put my name on it taking full credit as has done in the past by some "modders".

All joking aside, I did see the select screen and though I could do it better. Your name will be put on the opening splash screen along with Soriano, Sean O, and others. The credits list in the readme only has people who have mods in the game, which right now does not include you, I would like that to change. Please feel free to add something to the project.

for those wondering what I'm talking about

his1lq.png

VS

mine2jh.png

btw on a different note Models.big has to be rebuilt, and some faces will switch numbers. Mainly because I only know like 806 of the 899 that are in the big file. So at least 93 will be switched around. A full list of all faces #s will be released ahead of the final version so roster modders can make a version that works with this MVP 06 project if they wish.

Something you could do is add some smaller mods such as 2005 W-L record, Owner Mode overhaul (New scouting reports), and MarkB's generic names (don't know if that's in already), and HaloFan's New Icon remover

I totally agree on this! The 2005 W-L record is a must have for this addon! But I'm sure it will be on the final version if it's not already (is it?).

I also have to agree with Hoop27 about the Clemens and Rivera screens! Amazing job right there!!

The name generator deals with the created draft players in dynasty mode so they do not have retarded names like Yoshii Gonzalez or Tyrone Ishii.

The "NEW" icon remover is a tool that takes the "NEW" icon logo off of the owner mode part on the select menu.

Hey-

I just DLed both versions of this, and I can't fully extract them to the MVP 05 folder without getting a message saying the file is corrupt. I have uninstalled and reinstalled MVP 05 already to see if that would fix it, but it doesn't. Could someone fill me in as to what is happening if they have any clue?

to rossmac7 who never talked to the 06 crew before it was released, who also did NOT make one mod, or edit one file included in the MOD thank you so much rossmac7 for all your hard work, without your contributions the mod would be, well 99.97% the same

Kraw, I am not sure where your hostility towards me comes from but anyways I had no idea there were 2 MVP 06 projects. I submited items for the other MVP 06 project. You can include me or not. It does matter that much to me to make people upset or cause any problems. It is just a game and I'll be ok.

Keep up the great work MVP 06 looks great!

The name generator deals with the created draft players in dynasty mode so they do not have retarded names like Yoshii Gonzalez or Tyrone Ishii.

The "NEW" icon remover is a tool that takes the "NEW" icon logo off of the owner mode part on the select menu.

kraw - These two mods should be added in the update. I'm using both of them and they're great.

There were some uniform previews that were just pics of players? Small issue, but wierd. I think someone should do the unis for the new teams like the Connecticut Defenders.

I think we should include the names of the minors parks. I think that JWClubbie did that mod.

Does it have to be baseball reated for music? I mean EA's wan't really. I'd love to get in Swing Swing from the All American Rejects and I'll be on the lookout for other songs that would be cool for it. Me and KC are going to team op on the screens and see what we can do for this mod.

Quick question. When doing a dynasty, the start year is 2005, but all the players have their 2005 stats already entered. Will the first year of your Dynasty simply overwrite the 2005 stats that have been entered, or will there be some conflict? Is it possible to make your Dynasty start in 2006?

Does it have to be baseball reated for music? I mean EA's wan't really. I'd love to get in Swing Swing from the All American Rejects and I'll be on the lookout for other songs that would be cool for it. Me and KC are going to team op on the screens and see what we can do for this mod.

Wasn't Swing Swing in MVP Baseball 2003?

I really dont like the current soundtrack either. I think we should have maybe one or two baseball songs.

Song suggestions:

System of a Down- Aerials

Aerosmith- Livin' on the Edge

Greenday- Holiday

Queen- We Will Rock You

Just some suggestions. Maybe you can add one of these in.

First, let me say thank you to all modders here for bare-handing the grounder MLB Bucknered with their selection for exclusive license.

The mod looks great, yet I'm having the same stuttering problem as others. Went to original stadiums, and no change, so I'm thinking the stuttering may be related to the uniforms. I overwrote the uniforms.big file with no results, and when I overwrote the models.big, the game crashed right before the teams take the field. I'll try some mod unis to see if there is a difference. If not, is there any chance of getting the final mod with a uniform (or whatever may cause some machines to stutter) option?

Thanks, this looks like a great mod, but I just invested in a graphics card recently and I'm not ready to upgrade just yet. Hopefully, there is some solution for this.

One thing I'm really dissapointed about is the Mets uniforms. All the teams have cool fantasy uniforms and added old time uniforms. The Mets don't. All they have is one added jersey, which is there back home. Then it just gives the option for home or away. It would be cool if there were more variety for the Mets instead of having previous unifoms with home or away option.

Archived