The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

Totte

Installing RAM is much easier than the video card--it's basically the same thing except you don't need to worry about the hassle of installing drivers or disabling/uninstalling exisiting hardware. If you're already familiar with the firmness in inserting the card into a slot, the RAM should be a piece of cake. Again, the only thing that is hard is making sure you inserted the RAM in firmly--it's always the most common mistake--the slot's "cherry" usually needs to be popped :p. But anyway, once the RAM is inserted correctly, you simply turn on the computer and it's recognized by the system and ready to go.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys great mod! I was just wondering if there is a way to make the pitching a bit easier. That darn green area is soooo small now, im like walking 12 batters a game.

Thanks

I cant beleive you are asking to make it easier... It was way to easy before and now its very real... No need to change it... just get better at using the current one and you will feel great when you are able to throw gems with a pitcher... walking batters is part of baseball and default settings i walked 2 batters all season...

No I'm not getting walked by the computer, but is do largly to the fact that I have taken on the Pudge Rodriguez method for hitting...swing at almost everything. I think Pudge walked like 12 times all last year.

Also is there a way to get my walk up music back as well as the HR music?

What I don't understand is what happened with the other project? Is it the same or what? We didn't really get an explanation. What about the Willis' graphics, and the other mods that were made for the other project?

Two seperate people wanted to produce their own thing. I believe S. Soriano quit on his project since this was released and had a lot more or something. There are no grudges, fights, or anything juicy like that.

Rmac, someone else will have to help you as I am leaving work and will not have access to the internet at home right now.

OK, I'm still having no luck getting this mod to run at all. I've tried both versions of the download, and the game crashes every time when it tries to load after selecting the stadium. I just went into "edit player" to see if I could at least see cyberfaces and such, and I tried to look at Manny Ramirez, and the game crashed. Does anyone have any advice for me at all???

Two seperate people wanted to produce their own thing. I believe S. Soriano quit on his project since this was released and had a lot more or something. There are no grudges, fights, or anything juicy like that.

Well I am not sure exactly when Hory started doing his own thing, but basically the original MVP 06 project wasn't providing enough. So BAM, Hory + pals make a kick-*** mod.

I did not give up on my roster though, I am almost done at making a finished version. It'll be the only remaining things from the original project. (Other than the useless thread :lol:) Though it's strange that you called it my project. To my knowledge it was as much Sean O's and anyone else participating in it. Anyway, Hory kicks ***.

I made soemthing like this for my own personal use (since i format alot) one observation/tip i can pass along is use click teams install creator pro for your install. This would eliminate all of this batch code writting as all you would need to do is put in the full modded files only and it will overwrite files. This would do a few things:

1st Eliminate code writting mistakes

2nd Eliminate the need for 2 gigs of hdd space because of all the copying of files.

2rd make it easier for you to keep track of all files modded.

4th make it quicker and smaller for the community to download

5th would allow you to use the installer to read the users own personal registry to auto detect their mvp install folder and automatically select it for them

Doing all the batch processing and compression and stuff takes so much longer and is really unnecessary if your intending this to be used on fresh installs or whatnot. Batch processing is really prehistoric now with nice install makers at the ready.

I was going to be nice but **** it, do you have any ******* idea what you are talking about?

There are 2 releases; both are 100% the same once installed. The Livin' Large (584MB) is ALL fully modded files that overwrite the non modded files. The version with the nasty batch files is only 308MB

The reason for the prehistoric batch file is simple, the three utilities I use (2 of which were produced within the last year) are command line programs.

The reason for the command line programs is also simple; you do have to understand EA file system a little. EA has there own compression for their files, MVP requires they be compressed with EA's compression to work in the game. To compress all the files as much as possible you have to UNcompress using EAzip, and then compress them using UHA.

UHA will compress EA's files 13% better if they are not 1st compressed with ea's compression. So I UHA all the files and then have EAZIP recompress them (for EA format) on the end users computer. Doing this like I said saved 13%

By not having fully modded files I was able to save 238 MB, also simple, for example the fully modded models.big file contains 4257 files. Only 3373 files need to be updated. (179mb VS 90mb)

Point by point

I'll start with #5 all my installers use to ready the register for the install folder, and countless people complained. For one of two reasons, either they uses the warez ripped version that does not set any register info, or they moved the MVP folder after they installed it. (very common, to set up a 2nd copy of the game with all the mods that are out)

#4 well I proved that was bullshit

#3 I have no problem keeping track of the mods, I have a nice system worked out

#2 that is the price you pay for downloading the small version, (the small version is for bandwidth strapped users) the large version does not need extra space for packing and unpacking files

#1 what mistakes

Further more if you noticed UR 5.0 plus is a 400 meg download and contains full modded files, you remember the ones you seem so big on. While MVP 06 is only 308 MB and contains everything UR 5.0 plus does plus:

58 updated stadiums

1363 audio updates

3277 portrait upgrades

63 Loading screens

58 stadium select screens

And allot more

But yet it is 92MB smaller.

Batch files and scripts (most of it is scripts for fifafs not a batch file like you thought) are not prehistoric, far from it.

I've got to add my two cents here. The mod is fantastic. Thanks to everyone's hard work who produced it. I'm ready to start playing the game again. As has been mentioned previously, the only glitch I see is the behind the pitcher camera angle. Is there any way to get a modified datafile with the corrected angle prior to the official release of the mod? If not, it's no big deal. Also, is that angle the one directly behind the pitcher or is it the one that's off to the side? I would vote for directly behind the pitcher. Thanks again! Rick

Crazy fantabulous mod! I just downloaded it last night played a little today and I love it. I use the batting view #4 and it is perfection. Nice datafile. The only thing I don't like is the stadium preview screens and the splash screen. I say remove the text from the stadium files and it's great. I replaced the splash screen and love it. The mariano Rivera screen with the info is beautiful. I can't laud this enough.

Is anyone else having face problems with this mod?

The Legends team is the only place I have noticed any. Mickey Mantle is

showing up as a black man with white arms and the face for Lou Gehrig is not the same one from EA and looks like it could almost be a nice face for Babe Ruth.

I don't really know if anything was done to the Legends and Heroes team, so I could have just had a glitch in the download.

Everything else appears to be working fine and I have not seen any of the

jittering some have. I made a seperate install for MVP2006 keeping MVP2005 and Total Classics also available to me and then I installed only Patch 3 and then the mod.

Great mod, thanks to all the modders and contributors. Would like to see KC's uni's included in the final and if anyone can tell me how to fix the face thing I will be very happy.

Thanks,

Waz

Is anyone else having face problems with this mod?

The Legends team is the only place I have noticed any. Mickey Mantle is

showing up as a black man with white arms and the face for Lou Gehrig is not the same one from EA and looks like it could almost be a nice face for Babe Ruth.

I don't really know if anything was done to the Legends and Heroes team, so I could have just had a glitch in the download.

Everything else appears to be working fine and I have not seen any of the

jittering some have. I made a seperate install for MVP2006 keeping MVP2005 and Total Classics also available to me and then I installed only Patch 3 and then the mod.

Great mod, thanks to all the modders and contributors. Would like to see KC's uni's included in the final and if anyone can tell me how to fix the face thing I will be very happy.

Thanks,

Waz

Some of the players faces on the legends teams had to be replaced, because there are only a certain # of spots for cyberfaces. If you want to use the legends teams, then I would just put your old models.big file back in when you play those games, then you wont have the problem.

Archived