The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

Totte

All I did with the outfielders was move them back

6. Spitoon changes to move outfielders back:

-------------------------------------------

Values 1 (LF), 4 (CF), and 7 (RF) were changed in each line. These are the outfielder

depths and are expressed as a percentage of the total distance from home to the fence.

Here are the changed values in each line:

0xe02ad8cc 9<of_slaphitter_lh> 1 55.0 4 58.2 7 65.2

0xe02ad992 9<of_slaphitter_rh> 1 65.2 4 58.2 7 55.0

0xe897625d 9<of_standard_lh> 1 75.0 4 75.0 7 78.5

0xe8976323 9<of_standard_rh> 1 78.5 4 75.0 7 75

0x484e4e24 9<of_extremeshift_lh> 1 75.0 4 75.0 7 78.5

0x484e4eea 9<of_extremeshift_rh> 1 78.5 4 75.0 7 75.0

0x556d89f9 9<of_pullhitter_lh> 1 75.0 4 75.0 7 78.5

0x556d8abf 9<of_pullhitter_rh> 1 78.5 4 75.0 7 75.0

0x7518b3fb 9<of_spray_lh> 1 75.0 4 75.0 7 78.5

0x7518b4c1 9<of_spray_rh> 1 78.5 4 65.0 7 75

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dont like the current soundtrack either. I think we should have maybe one or two baseball songs.

Song suggestions:

System of a Down- Aerials

Aerosmith- Livin' on the Edge

Greenday- Holiday

Queen- We Will Rock You

Just some suggestions. Maybe you can add one of these in.

I'd be against old songs that everyone knows the words to already. For that reason I'd say to scratch what I said about Swing Swing.

The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It

I have these mp3's if you want Kraw.

If you're looking for new songs, here are some suggestions :

Youth Group - Shadowland

Thrice - Image of the Invisible

Park - Gasoline Kisses For Everyone

Saosin - Bury Your Head

Bayside - Devotion and Desire

Halifax - Straight Up

Matchbook Romance - Monsters

I really dont like the current soundtrack either. I think we should have maybe one or two baseball songs.

Song suggestions:

System of a Down- Aerials

Aerosmith- Livin' on the Edge

Greenday- Holiday

Queen- We Will Rock You

Just some suggestions. Maybe you can add one of these in.

Queen - It's a kind of magic

most of the music named so far makes me want to shoot myself in the head when I'm forced to listen to it.

Im usually not in the menus enough to listen to a whole song anyways. And if I am in the middle of a dynasty working on callups/send downs free agency, stuff like that, I usually have MLBradio going in the backround.....

Please fix the behind the pitcher camera! everyone keeps mentioning it but it gets ignored for some reason? there is a glitch where once or twice an inning it shows a shot of the crown while you are trying to pitch. Very frustrating! How can I use the mod with the default cameras?

I just played my first game with the new datafile posted on this thread 2 or 3 pages ago and I must say that I'm very pleased with it!

The behind the pitcher view has been fixed and that was the priority to fix IMO. The only problems are that Rogers Clemens was put out of the game in the 9th with an arm injury or something like this... Is there a way to make the CPU changed their pitcher before they get hurt?? The stuttering was still there but the game is playable even with it so I don't care alot anymore! The referees are kinda ugly too! There's something wrong with their face! I think it's their lips.. You should take a look on that!!

Great jobs guys!

Incredible mod for anyone who is an MVP fan. Lots of long hours with everyone involved stifling their personal glory for the betterment of the MVP community. I am kind of restating what Pirate did in an earlier post. models.big could use some rework. Stephen Drew audio/id from models.big is corrupted. Game crashes when attempting to edit his attributes from roster manager or when he is in the starting lineup while playing a game. D'Backs roster change:Herges not on 40 man roster or as a non roster invitee.

OK, I'm still having no luck getting this mod to run at all. I've tried both versions of the download, and the game crashes every time when it tries to load after selecting the stadium. I just went into "edit player" to see if I could at least see cyberfaces and such, and I tried to look at Manny Ramirez, and the game crashed. Does anyone have any advice for me at all???

Since no one gave me any feedback on this, I investigated a bit....I took MVP 06 and put in every file that was modded one by one, and I discovered that my game will not run with the modded fields.big file, which is in /frontend. If I use the original fields.big, everything works great. Anyone know why this might be?

Kraw, it seems you live on a planet of one. ;) I can live with whatever is placed there, just trying to bring you to the light!

Let me say that I have played a few games of 06 myself, and this datafile being used is just spectacular. The pitching on both ends is just flawless in its strikes/balls, AI, and pitch meter difficulty.

Quick question -- how many of you actually set the lineups for these rosters? I can't imagine how hard it must be to do something like that from MLB to A.

I have been having a hell of a time accessing the site. I can't even get through until after 11 p.m. est.

Kraw, I agree, even the songs that I recommended I don't listen to but then again, the stuff that I listen to wouldn't ever be in a baseball game. Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Radiohead, that stuff isn't going to fit real seamlessly into a baseball video game!

Archived