The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

Totte

I am excited about the datafile... I have only just recently changed my datafile, and I was wondering if I should reset my slider settings for use with a datafile. I guess that would make sense. I would then adjust my sliders to reach my desired gameplay correct?

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys... I have one question... Which patches are the ones that I should get before installin the new file for 2006..

I get stuttering when throwing across to first base... I was told #3 but then i was told #5...

I also want to know if the mlb on fox overlay that I have comes with the same mlb on fox banner that sits behind homeplate.. i thought i saw that before...

I just loaded the beta of this and I have to say, you guys are INCREDIBLE! Good job.

A couple of questions:

1. Did loading the beta put in the new datafile? When I tested this out the batter walk-ups seemed to be the same, but I thought they were changing.

2. What are the major changes in the datafile? Gameplay issues? Location of players on the field (i.e. outfielders back? infielders differently aligned)?

I just loaded the beta of this and I have to say, you guys are INCREDIBLE! Good job.

A couple of questions:

1. Did loading the beta put in the new datafile? When I tested this out the batter walk-ups seemed to be the same, but I thought they were changing.

2. What are the major changes in the datafile? Gameplay issues? Location of players on the field (i.e. outfielders back? infielders differently aligned)?

if you have a datafile.txt sitting in you data folder, delete it you use the new datafile from the beta. The datafile for the beta is inside the datafile.big file. If you have one in the data folder it will over ride the one in the big file

is there any way we can fix the oakland roster? i never see any of the draft picks from this past year on any roster and that would be awesome. hell even jason windsor would be a nice addition.

real baseball minor league system

ML

AAA

AA

high A

low A

rookie ball

MVP has

ML

AAA

AA

and high A

most draft picks from last year are still in rookie ball or LOW A

if you have a datafile.txt sitting in you data folder, delete it you use the new datafile from the beta. The datafile for the beta is inside the datafile.big file. If you have one in the data folder it will over ride the one in the big file

Thanks. I forgot thats the way it works. I kept thinking this datafile seems very similar to the one I was using before!

is there any way we can fix the oakland roster? i never see any of the draft picks from this past year on any roster and that would be awesome. hell even jason windsor would be a nice addition.

If you want a particular draft pick like windsor in the game, go over to the ultimate rosters thread and request him, they will be more likely to be added if you include a link to a scouting report

Hey guys! I've just installed the patch #5 with this great addon on my new computer and I had a really ugly surprise... The stuttering is there (when there's throws in the infield and stuff like that) !!! I didn't have this problem with my former computer so I never really checked to see how to solve this problem... Any figured it out??

sorry to bring that problem up again! I'm pretty sure it was covered awhile ago! thx for your help!

Hey guys! I've just installed the patch #5 with this great addon on my new computer and I had a really ugly surprise... The stuttering is there (when there's throws in the infield and stuff like that) !!! I didn't have this problem with my former computer so I never really checked to see how to solve this problem... Any figured it out??

sorry to bring that problem up again! I'm pretty sure it was covered awhile ago! thx for your help!

I read thru several forums to see if I could eliminate this problem and was unable to do so. I had numerous mods installed, and everything ran smoothly at all the highest graphics settings. So, I backed everything up and then I installed the '06 TC-mod and I immediately noticed that the "stuttering" was all over the place, like back before I had installed the EA patch(es).

So I uninstalled the whole game, installed fresh, installed the official EA #5 patch, then installed the '06 TC-mod, and it was still stuttering just like on my first try. I copied back my backup from before installing the '06 TC-mod, and the stuttering was gone.

This is extremely frustrating to me, since the mod looks AWESOME - but I can't seem to find a way to get the stuttering out of there. I even tried turning down my graphics settings REDICULOUSLY low... no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

what park are you playing in?

use the original park from disc 2, just copy it over and see if it still stutters

how much memory do you have in your PC

what video card do you have

I have an AMD 1.15GHz, 512mb RAM, nVidia GeForce 6200.

It was in Busch stadium, but I checked and it did it in all the major league stadiums I tried, but not (as bad) in the minor league parks. The weird part for me is that it didn't happen with all my previous mods (mainly rosters, overlays, and portraits.) But I already had Pirates most recent Busch Stadium installed before I tried '06...

what are some other things we can add/change/improve for the project?

(please do not reply to this message if you have no concept of modding)

here are some ideas, nothing is written in stone

the first splash screen needs improved

the datafile needs reworked

redo the stadium loading screens

redo the other loading screens

change and update unlockable players & uniforms

add AAA & AA stadiums

Archived