The Official MVP 06: MLB Project Thread

Totte

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love the new update, a few things i have noticed, some players faces are warped so their hair is on half of the front of their face and their eyes are on their neck. also some players have a black triangle down one half of their face. just looks a little weird
what

I have never seen anything like this

please name a couple of the players

Joe Blanton on the A's has a large black triangle on his face. I just played against the detroit tigers and many of their players faces have been warped. i have noticed it with a couple other players also on other teams. Brandon Inge's face on the tigers is warped, so is C. Granderson's face.

what are some other things we can add/change/improve for the project?

(please do not reply to this message if you have no concept of modding)

here are some ideas, nothing is written in stone

the first splash screen needs improved

the datafile needs reworked

redo the stadium loading screens

redo the other loading screens

change and update unlockable players & uniforms

add AAA & AA stadiums

What modders want to help with this project?

One other thing I need to do is remake the models.big from the ground up, as someone else also noted some of the REPLACED faces do not look as good as EA's default ones (in 2x). Plus there are 899 faces in the models.big file but the roster is only using like 806 of them.

one other note KC's UNIFORMS will be used in the final version.

Maybe we need another thread just for modders to use for ideas and preview stuff

Joe Blanton on the A's has a large black triangle on his face. I just played against the detroit tigers and many of their players faces have been warped. i have noticed it with a couple other players also on other teams. Brandon Inge's face on the tigers is warped, so is C. Granderson's face.

joe7lr.png

what are some other things we can add/change/improve for the project?

(please do not reply to this message if you have no concept of modding)

here are some ideas, nothing is written in stone

the first splash screen needs improved

the datafile needs reworked

redo the stadium loading screens

redo the other loading screens

change and update unlockable players & uniforms

add AAA & AA stadiums

Those are great ideas, i would say include KSMs new datafile that he posted screenshots of; they looked incredible and investigate timetribe's suggestion of including the credits in that particular credits.*** file (that is part of the game) instead of on the splash screen.

2x fielding gloves?

Also, i dont know if you would handle the models.big or if that is shmooz, but i noticed certain players that will never see the time of day, like an adam hyzdu for example, would have a cyberface, and some elite prospects would not have a cyberface (although there are cyberfaces already created for them and downloadable on the site) due to not enough room in the models.big.

Maybe we need another thread just for modders to use for ideas and preview stuff

I can not agree more.

I have not received feedback on the audio I submitted. I know you said it would be in the final version, but what if you guys think it sucks and won't tell me the truth. I have PLAN B files I could send but won't send until I hear criticism (honest criticism, obviously). So I'm sitting on my plan b stuff until I hear back from "yous guys".

Last night I just finished doing many chants from the chantdat file. I've never done that before. I meshed some rally files from the rallydat file with the chants in the chantdat file. I'd provide a link if I knew they'd be listened to and I could hear if Totte/Hory liked the stuff or not.

Ex of what I did:

Crowd currently chantsLet's go Derek! CLAP CLAP, CLAP-CLAP CLAP. Let's go Derek! CLAP CLAP, CLAP-CLAP CLAP.

Well I took some sound samples from the rally file where there are drums playing from the stadium PA and make the drums hit every time you hear the cloud clap so that now it is:

Let's go Derek! CLAP CLAP, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP {and at the same time} Boom Boom, Boom-Boom-Boom. Let's go Derek! CLAP CLAP, CLAP-CLAP CLAP (again, at the same time with Boom Boom, Boom-Boom-Boom).

And then I added an airhorn in there to blast. I did that for chants like Let's go Andruw, Let's go Rangers, etc. and made them slightly different. I just wanted to change the crowds up so that they won't be the exact same thing.

Another one I did was where they jeer Chipper at Shae: Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrry! Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrry! and I added some airhorns in there to mesh really well.

Well, now that I over explained, no need to let anyone listen to previews!

I have 2 games in and noticed the following:

After a every pitch there seems to be a slight lag iwith game play - especially noticeable when you field a groundball and throw to 1st. Looks like the choppiness issue when 05 1st came out.

Outside of that all the work the Mod team has done can't receive enough praise. This looks and feels like a new game and all I can say is the current product is outstanding!

With this version sholuld ALL MVP patches be appled?

Thanks again and where do I donate?

Did you have all stadiums installed on your regular 05 version? You can either upgrade your PC or try default stadiums to help you with that lag. That is not to deter you from playing the 06, but just keep in mind that in the final version, Kraw said it will have KC's uniforms, which are demanding on a system. Keep in mind also that man games come out with better and better graphics, which means upgrade upgrage upgrade. Try using default stadiums and see if that helps ya out.

Anyone else have any trouble with this mod crashing? I installed it last night using the ILF download and it seemed to work fine, the game starts up great but when I select the stadium and the game starts to actually load, it crashes. This has happened every time so far. Thoughts?

Guys I patched the game with #3 right after i installed the game and then installed the mvp06 mod.... from there i did the grass changer and the hi res ball.. then i did the espn overlay and fox music... but i get stuttering when throwing over to first base... i just bought the nvida gforce 6200 and that made the graphics real nice but the stuttering is there...

i hear that it could be that i need to free up memory... what is the best solution for this... how can i free up memeory fast... or can i just by memory...

please help

how much mem. you got now?

top free up memory, close open programs running in the background...

i am not sure at the moment... i am at work.. but i do not run any programs when i play.... and i beleive that i was told if i buy more ram that the game will not have the stuttering.. i am not sure if that is correct..

or how can i free up memory...

i got a dell 4600 dimension

how much mem. you got now?

top free up memory, close open programs running in the background...

this is what I know that my pc has

OS Name:Microsoft Windows XP

Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack

System Model: Dimension4600ic

System Type: X86-based PC

Processor: x86 family 15 model 2 stepping 9 Genuintel~2600mhz

SMBIOS Version" 2.3

Boot Device: deviceHarddisk Volume 2

Total Physical Memory: 256.00mb

the nvida gforce 6200 video card that i got also has 256mb if that means anything... should i buy more ram or just delete a lot of things from my pc

Archived