Batter Walk-Up Music uploaded

edm

I downloaded this and placed it in dataaudiocdaems. Just to be safe, I also put it in audio/aems. It still doesn't work. Can anyone help?
I believe if you have downloaded the MVP 06 mod, the default datafile for that mod has the music turned off. Try getting a new one and then see if the walkup music is on. Excuse me if this isn't correct but I think that is your problem. This is the one I've been using with the batter walk up music mod: http://www.mindwarped.com/datafile06-beta2.rar (Kraw's beta datafile) Put it in your MVP2005Baseball/data folder by the way (not the datafile folder).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

edm - after a few games, it sounds really good. A few suggestions - that damned "Whoomp! There It Is" track that's played a lot after home runs, "Warrior" by 50 Cent (Just for the first few lines) and "One Mic" by Nas (again, first few lines).

There was another, but I forgot it.

Nice job!

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in this, but I made a lite version that I'm going to use for my own dynasty when I start playing. It contains the songs below. I removed the rest. I also lowered the volume so they are less intrusive when playing in the background.

The other tracks are a mix between the John Fogerty's Centerfiled intro (the Clap), Queens We will Rock you beat, the "Charge!" horn, and the "Lets go" Clap. These are spread out into several slots so they show up more often during a game.

The rest of the slots (about 45%) contain empty sound files. So not every home batter will have music every single at bat.

1 COUNTRY Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

2 COUNTRY Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash

8 COUNTRY Tim McGraw - I Like It I Love It

13 DANCE Hey Ya - Outcast

16 DANCE Usher Yeah

22 DANCE Hung Up - Madonna

25 DANCE Technotronic - Pump_Up_The_Jam

34 HIP-HOP Sabatoge - Beasties

38 HIP-HOP Eminem - The Way I Am

41 HIP-HOP Fugees - Ready or Not

46 POP All Star - Smash Mouth --- Revolution - Beatles

51 POP Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen

52 POP Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen

56 ROCK Back in Black - AC/DC

60 ROCK Crazy Train - Ozzy

65 H ROCK Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

66 H ROCK Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

70 H ROCK Megadeth - Crush EM

74 LATIN0 Lou Bega - Mambo No.5

78 LATIN Johnny Cash - The Matador

If anyone would like it, let me know and I can upload it.

me too specially the lower music volume, that high volume turns me crazy and mess with my concentration a lot, sure I'll wait for this to donwload it right away, I currently turned down walk up music but with this I will use it again I believe.

Thanks for the work, hope we can get it soon

Great work, Edm!

But I think some of the songs are too slow, you don't really get pumpet up, if you know what I mean.

And second, it would been great if you could keep country songs in the country category and on. Because I don't like it when guys like Ray Durhman and Torii Hunter gets up to the plate and they play some country song instead of Hip-Hop.

Thanks for the input all. The LITE version is now uploaded in the audio section. Please let me know what you think about the volume level for the music and whether it needs to be lowered more. It it does, I will fix it and upload a new version.

I will also get around to updating the full version soon with a lower volume and some new music, and will also rearrange the music to better fit each genre. Thanks

I downloaded the file and put it in this directory as per the readme file: MVP Baseball 2005dataaudiocdaems

I'm not getting the music loaded. I still get the music that came with the game.

Any ideas?

As long as it overwrites the original file, you should not get the old music. Double check the folder (there are two aems folders). The one you listed above is the correct one, but it's still easy to put it in the wrong one. Also, make sure the original file is not write protected. When you are prompted to overwrite, select yes.

I redid it. I put it in the correct folder. I even put it in the other one just to be safe. I'm still not getting the walkup music.

Is it possible that that is a setting that might be turned off? How would I turn that on?

If not, any other suggestions on how to get the correct music?

I will also get around to updating the full version soon with a lower volume and some new music, and will also rearrange the music to better fit each genre. Thanks

good news :lol:

just some issues for the new version:

1. delate gwen stefanie - hollaback girl ... it´s a little bit girlie like :wink: . the other songs are ok, if i remember :wink:

2. maybe you can put linkin park in ... maybe with "faint"

3. is there a possibility to make the songs a little bit (!) louder and longer (13-15 sec)?

but anyway:! this is great

I redid it. I put it in the correct folder. I even put it in the other one just to be safe. I'm still not getting the walkup music.

Is it possible that that is a setting that might be turned off? How would I turn that on?

If not, any other suggestions on how to get the correct music?

If you are using the mlb06 mod, see my first post in this thread.

good news :lol:

just some issues for the new version:

1. delate gwen stefanie - hollaback girl ... it´s a little bit girlie like :wink: . the other songs are ok, if i remember :wink:

2. maybe you can put linkin park in ... maybe with "faint"

3. is there a possibility to make the songs a little bit (!) louder and longer (13-15 sec)?

but anyway:! this is great

There will be some linkin park in the next version. for sure. louder? I was actually going to go a bit lower. imho lower is better since it's supposed to be in the background ;) Do you have your music volume all the way up?

As for the length of the songs, I'll look into making them a bit longer. But I doubt it will be possible. EA allocates a certain amount of space per song. This can't be changed to my knowledge.

Ed

There will be some linkin park in the next version. for sure. louder? I was actually going to go a bit lower. imho lower is better since it's supposed to be in the background ;) Do you have your music volume all the way up?

As for the length of the songs, I'll look into making them a bit longer. But I doubt it will be possible. EA allocates a certain amount of space per song. This can't be changed to my knowledge.

Ed

nice with linkin park and longer songs ;)

in the audio options i´ve all settings at "5". but maybe insteat of making it louder or lower, you should keep it right there where it is.

btw: what about gwen stefanie? i mean she´s beautiful, but the music is still girlie like and doens´t match with a baseball game ;)

It's dance music, it's supposed to sound girlie :) I was able to make the songs a little bit longer (approx. 2-4 secs longer) by lowering the sample rate to 16 khz. But I think they loss too much quality going down from 22 khz. Besides that, most of the time the game cuts them off before they're done playing anyway. So it's probably not worth the extra few seconds.

Archived