.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

My exporter will read from MVP2005's memory and create .dat files. Then you can import these .dat files into MVPedit. When you are done editing, you export .dat files from MVPedit. Then use my importer to put these .dat files into MVP2005's memory.

So far, I have finished the following files:

attrib.dat

lhattrib.dat

rhattrib.dat

pitcher.dat

roster.dat

bstats.dat

lhbstats.dat

rhbstats.dat

fbstats.dat

fbstatsAAA.dat

fbstatsAA.dat

fbstatsA.dat

career.dat

pstats.dat

rhpstats.dat

lhpstats.dat

careerp.dat

extra.dat

team.dat

tstat.dat

cy-bstats.dat

cy-lhbstats.dat

cy-rhbstats.dat

cy-fbstats.dat

cy-pstats.dat

cy-rhpstats.dat

cy-lhpstats.dat

cy-tstat.dat

manager.dat

org.dat

histdata.dat

histindex.dat

Check out the attachment if you want to test the programs out.

Also make sure that you have .NET Framework 2.0 installed. Get .NET Framework 2.0

Let me know if you have any other problems or any comments. I will continue to work on these programs and post my progress on here. Hopefully I will be done soon.

EDIT13: just updated to v0.22, last years stats no longer have a prefix, the current years stats now have a prefex of cy-. I now import and export manager.dat, org.dat, histdata.dat, and histindex.dat. histdata.dat and histindex.dat store the year-by-year stats. I uploaded a 2006 savegame to my website(Ultimate Rosters 6.5 Plus). Click the Donate here link to go to my website.

EDIT14: just updated to v0.23, I think I fixed some errors with histdata.dat and histindex.dat. I'm sorry if v0.22 made you restart your computer.

EDIT15: just updated to v0.24. I now export hist.dat. I also fixed it so that the spot in the starting rotation is not reset.

Donate here

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting.

Is this like another version of MVP Edit, just a different tool?

My intention is to make it possible to edit an in progress dynasty/owner using MVPedit(I saw no reason to create a new editor). MVP2005Exporter exports the information from memory into .dat files. These .dat files can then be edited manually or by MVPedit. MVP2005Importer imports the edited .dat files into memory.

Still not working for me. It says "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem."

Are you sure you are running the correct version of the program? I've only seen that error message for v0.10 . If you are running the correct version, what version of Windows are you using. I've confirmed that it runs on WinXP SP2, and WinXP x64.

My error message said: "You are too stupid to work this program. Please turn off your PC and go outside & Play."

What does that mean?

Did you really get an error message with v0.13, or are you just making a joke? :)

Well I downloaded that .net thing and it works, but when I try to import the 3 files into MVPEdit I get a run-time error. I'm guessing this is because it can't make a roster out of only those 3 files, correct? Good work so far! Can't wait for the finished product!

Well I downloaded that .net thing and it works, but when I try to import the 3 files into MVPEdit I get a run-time error. I'm guessing this is because it can't make a roster out of only those 3 files, correct? Good work so far! Can't wait for the finished product!

Yes that is correct. But, what you can do, is copy over all of the .dats from the EA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder except for those 3 files, into the same directory as the 3 files.

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER - yes i'm tool old for video games - but the only game i have purchased the last 6 years are GTA games and baseball games!!

The funnest editor ever for a game was dangerz's editor for hight heat, and this has the potential to be as great!

I was so mad when i found out there was no MVP 2006 (i hate consoles, and college baseball is something i would never want to play), but this totally makes up for the dissapointment

I just found about it tonight and will definately try to mod my dynasty.

And unlike other people, i will figure out things on my own and not whine every 2 seconds why the program does not work.

Word of advice to all newbies, most of these modders are working on their own, they dont have a programming team.

I worked at ea, and for MVP baseball they had 20 guys for the art, 20 for programming, and still they could not make this game half as cool as the modders in this community.

My point is that there programs arent always user friendly simply because they dont have the resources or man power as even the smallest of game companies.

Read, used your brain, and try to figure things out on your own as much as possible. REmember, the more time they take to answer your silly questions, the less time they can devote to the program. Of course questions are useful if you find a problem with the program, but the problem should be a legitimate one.

I suck at programming, but i taught myself how to edit the cam on datafile, and use many of the programs to edit the game on my own. Take a little time to figure things out, dont give up right away, and READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS, which means read all the Posts on the subject.

In conclusion, dont be lazy and expect everything to be mouth fed to you by these incredible, talented people at MVPmods.

I WILL NEVER BUY A CONSOLE GAME IF THIS PROGRAM WORKS, and i'm happy i can say that (lol that is unless EA can get MLB rights and bring out the game for PC in the future, yes i know, sell out!!)

BTHANK THANK THANK YOU For THE GREAT NEWS!! keep up the good work - and where do i donate?

THANK THANK THANK YOU For THE GREAT NEWS!! keep up the good work - and where do i donate?

You're welcome.

For anyone that wants to donate money to me, I just put a link to my website in the first post. There's not much on the website yet, just a paypal donation button.

Archived