Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tywiggins

.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

I'm getting the same error message as KG.

But just knowing this is in the works and does function for some people means I won't have to start my dynasty over!

--Eric

The only thing that I can think of is that you should install .NET Framework Version 2.0 from microsoft.com/downloads

Ty: Thanks. A rebel outlaw gave me the heads up awhile ago, and this seems to have fixed the problem. Didn't have a chance to try it out yet though. Stinking work.

--Eric

Well I downloaded that .net thing and it works, but when I try to import the 3 files into MVPEdit I get a run-time error. I'm guessing this is because it can't make a roster out of only those 3 files, correct? Good work so far! Can't wait for the finished product!

Well I downloaded that .net thing and it works, but when I try to import the 3 files into MVPEdit I get a run-time error. I'm guessing this is because it can't make a roster out of only those 3 files, correct? Good work so far! Can't wait for the finished product!

Yes that is correct. But, what you can do, is copy over all of the .dats from the EA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder except for those 3 files, into the same directory as the 3 files.

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER - yes i'm tool old for video games - but the only game i have purchased the last 6 years are GTA games and baseball games!!

The funnest editor ever for a game was dangerz's editor for hight heat, and this has the potential to be as great!

I was so mad when i found out there was no MVP 2006 (i hate consoles, and college baseball is something i would never want to play), but this totally makes up for the dissapointment

I just found about it tonight and will definately try to mod my dynasty.

And unlike other people, i will figure out things on my own and not whine every 2 seconds why the program does not work.

Word of advice to all newbies, most of these modders are working on their own, they dont have a programming team.

I worked at ea, and for MVP baseball they had 20 guys for the art, 20 for programming, and still they could not make this game half as cool as the modders in this community.

My point is that there programs arent always user friendly simply because they dont have the resources or man power as even the smallest of game companies.

Read, used your brain, and try to figure things out on your own as much as possible. REmember, the more time they take to answer your silly questions, the less time they can devote to the program. Of course questions are useful if you find a problem with the program, but the problem should be a legitimate one.

I suck at programming, but i taught myself how to edit the cam on datafile, and use many of the programs to edit the game on my own. Take a little time to figure things out, dont give up right away, and READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS, which means read all the Posts on the subject.

In conclusion, dont be lazy and expect everything to be mouth fed to you by these incredible, talented people at MVPmods.

I WILL NEVER BUY A CONSOLE GAME IF THIS PROGRAM WORKS, and i'm happy i can say that (lol that is unless EA can get MLB rights and bring out the game for PC in the future, yes i know, sell out!!)

BTHANK THANK THANK YOU For THE GREAT NEWS!! keep up the good work - and where do i donate?

THANK THANK THANK YOU For THE GREAT NEWS!! keep up the good work - and where do i donate?

You're welcome.

For anyone that wants to donate money to me, I just put a link to my website in the first post. There's not much on the website yet, just a paypal donation button.

Would you please make dynasty to start at 2006 instead of 2005?

Thanks, you're really great.

It's a little too early to donate, but if this thing gets off the ground you will certainly be getting my donation.

I accidentally included the wrong version of the exporter(version 0.10) in the version 0.14 zip file. If you downloaded it, you can either use the v0.13 exporter and the v0.14 importer, or download the fixed v0.14 zip file.

tywiggins,

This truly is a very welcomed mod that will be greatly appreciated and used by many.

My first use of it proved very good in that I was successfully able to alter a players assigned face within the Dynasty.

However, it also altered all the stats for the entire dynasty in a very broadbased way where the leading Home Run hitter is now a relief pitcher etc etc etc.

But this certainly is progress in the right direction. Keep it going and I will certainly be pulling for your eventual success with this fantastic mod.

Thanks,

Don