.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you install:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

1. Run MVP Baseball 2005 on your computer.

2. Load a saved game or start a new dynasty.

3. Hold Control, then press Escape

4. Run the MVP2005Exporter program to export the .dat files into the current directory.

5. Edit the .dat files with notepad.(Or MVPEdit if you include a copy of the missing .dat files from the EASPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder)

6. Run my MVP2005Importer program to import the edited .dat files(They need to be in the same directory as the MVP2005Importer program)

7. Any changes you make should be reflected in the game.

Guest JWClubbie

Yes it worked. So if i change my team i am using, will it affect any stats, ratings etc.? This is awesome.....

Do you mean the whole thing, or just the team changer? For the team changer, I was just searching the memory (with my hex editor) for the teamid number for my current team. There were only a few occurences of the number in the whole memory. One of them had "Franchy" spelled out a few lines above it. I chose that one and and changed the number to a different teams number. It successfully changed control to the new team, so I wrote a little program that could do it.

I made an interesting discovery this morning. I modified the schedule so that each team only had 1 game. I simmed this game. Then I copied 2005's mlb team stats into the appropriate place. This resulted in every team having 162 games played. I could then advance to the playoffs. (I then simmed the playoffs, and my team won the world series) So, in short, we can have shortened seasons, but each teams (Wins + Losses) must equal 162.

After this success I modified the schedule so that it had no games. This crashed the game. Then I modified the schedule so that it had only the All-Star Game, which worked.

I was wondering how you did that. Did you write your own program for it or did you do it another way?

I was able to extract 3 .dat files from the "scedule.big" file using MVPGraphics Editor and edit the seaon length in notepad but I could'nt import them back into the .big file.

I used BigGUI to export the schedule, then I edited in notepad, then imported the file back in with BigGUI. You can find it in the downloads -> MVP Baseball 2004 -> tools and editors section.

I haven't written the program yet that will alter the standings. I just did it manually.

Well I modded portrait pics successfully but when I imported the dat files back into my dynasty I had problems.

I didn’t edit any roster stuff; all I did was mod portrait pics.

When I alt tabbed back into the game all the stats are fine. Than I played a game and all my stats where screwed up. I loaded my dynasty again and simmed a game, same problem.

All my batters lost their HR’s, RBI’s, Games played, etc. My new HR hitters became my pitchers, and they lost all their wins.

I checked the what not to do list in terms of how many relief pitchers, filling the lineups, etc; and I’m pretty sure that was all correct.

Luckily, I backed up my Dynasty. But when I tried the game in the backup it had problems too when I either A) simmed or B) played a game.

I’m not complaining, just letting you know of problems that I found. Will patiently be waiting or any update.

Thanks

Well I imported the schedule.big file into BigGUI and edited the season by taking out all regular season games up untill the all star game. I simmed the rest of the season to the playoffs but then ran into a problem.

It would'nt let you play any playoff games. It would ask if you want to sim the entire playoffs but when I went to do that it went to the screen where it tells you of what game was scheduled for that day then it would'nt let you go any farther.

Hmmmmmmm......I wonder if it has something to do with what you did with the 2005 mlb team stats. I'm not sure what ya did with that.

Well I modded portrait pics successfully but when I imported the dat files back into my dynasty I had problems.

The .dat exporter is unnecessary if you're just going to do portraits. They will show up fine in a dynasty if you change them.

When I alt tabbed back into the game all the stats are fine. Than I played a game and all my stats where screwed up. I loaded my dynasty again and simmed a game, same problem.

All my batters lost their HR’s, RBI’s, Games played, etc. My new HR hitters became my pitchers, and they lost all their wins.

I checked the what not to do list in terms of how many relief pitchers, filling the lineups, etc; and I’m pretty sure that was all correct.

Luckily, I backed up my Dynasty. But when I tried the game in the backup it had problems too when I either A) simmed or B) played a game.

I’m not complaining, just letting you know of problems that I found. Will patiently be waiting or any update.

Thanks

When you export with MVPEdit, it puts all of the players in alphabetical order, which messes up the stats. (If you edit the .dat files that my exporter creates, then the stats are okay) I'm currently working on the stats. So far I've figured out bstats.dat, lhbstats.dat, rhbstats.dat, fbstats.dat. I'm working on the other stat files now.

The game didn't crash for you, did it?

Well I imported the schedule.big file into BigGUI and edited the season by taking out all regular season games up untill the all star game. I simmed the rest of the season to the playoffs but then ran into a problem.

It would'nt let you play any playoff games. It would ask if you want to sim the entire playoffs but when I went to do that it went to the screen where it tells you of what game was scheduled for that day then it would'nt let you go any farther.

Hmmmmmmm......I wonder if it has something to do with what you did with the 2005 mlb team stats. I'm not sure what ya did with that.

Yeah, I know. That is the problem that everybody ran into when they tried to make a shortened season. I discovered a way to get around the problem is to alter the tstat.dat file in memory so that every team has the correct number of games played. When I did it manually, I put in the values from the last year which are also stored in memory. But what I intend to do (probably within in a couple of weeks) is to write a program that will add an equal number of wins and losses to each team to make it seem that each team has played 162 games.(I might try to keep win% the same instead)

In "theory".. Would this work in say IP to IP games ya think ?

Say like at the end of the game when looking at game stats?

(having the information in memory ?)

If so this would be HUGE in Online IP leauges!

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Are you saying that after playing a game, you would like to save the box scores?

I haven't really looked into this, but I would guess that it is possible.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Are you saying that after playing a game, you would like to save the box scores?

I haven't really looked into this, but I would guess that it is possible.

if there was a way to spit out a text file with the boxscolres at the end of the game that would be the real boon for online leagues.

Archived