.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

Yes, this is fixed now. That was quick!

However, there seems to be a new issue, sorry to say. Looks like there's a problem with the export of the pstats, lhpstats, and rhpstats. The file I exported only contained about half the players. Pretty much went from a thru H. Maybe it's just my export, I don't know.

Again, all this work you're doing is incredible.

Steve

I just tested it out again. I started a new dynasty. Then I ran the exporter. I checked the files. There were the right number of pitchers. I then imported the ultimate rosters .dat files. Then I exported again and checked the files. There were still the right number of pitchers.

Try testing it again. It's working right for me.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just updated to v0.21, team.dat, tstat.dat, ly-bstats.dat, ly-lhbstats.dat, ly-rhbstats.dat, ly-fbstats.dat, ly-pstats.dat, ly-rhpstats.dat, ly-lhpstats.dat, ly-tstat.dat are now imported and exported.

ly- prefix means last year's. Also, all of the files with ly-, as well as the minor league fielding stats are imported so that the order of the players in the file doesn't matter. Also, I fixed the problem with some of the pitchers' last names. And I no longer export players with playerid of 0.

(Some of these changes were in the two "latestbuilds" that I released)

Have not used this program yet just because I wanna finish my dynasty. However, for future reference, will this program be uploaded to this site, say, in the utility and tools section, and second, my other question is how much of a donation will be considered a good thank you? :o) Thanks, Mo.

i cant seem to get this to work, i have all the files but dont know how to get the .mbe...i saw someone posted this question early and you repsonded but its not working for me..do i already need to have a previous .mbe file? if i hit roster.dat for it to save over i get run time 53 error

i cant seem to get this to work, i have all the files but dont know how to get the .mbe...i saw someone posted this question early and you repsonded but its not working for me..do i already need to have a previous .mbe file? if i hit roster.dat for it to save over i get run time 53 error

You need to put org.dat and manager.dat in the same folder as the exported .dat files. Then click import in mvpedit. Then select the directory that has the exported .dat files and press ok. Then mvpedit asks you where you want to save the .mbe file. (You don't need a previous .mbe file, MVPEdit creates one from the .dat files) If any of the files required are missing, you will get a run time 53 error and the .mbe file will not be created.

I don't know what exactly you mean, by "if i hit roster.dat for it to save over i get run time 53 error"

How do I put people on the disabled list once I export from the game?

Here's an example. Let's say you want to put Vladimir Guerrero on the Disabled List.

1. open extra.dat in notepad.

2. find vladimir guerrero in this file

3. change ,6 -1 to (,6 0 or ,6 1 for the 15 day DL or ,6 2 or ,6 3 for the 60 day DL) (slots 0,1,2,3 are for the Angels)(slot 4,5,6,7 are for the Athletics)(etc.)

4. Find out what day you want him put on the DL. Lets say April 1st, 2005. So what you want to do is (2005 - 1948) * 365 + 89 + n

2005 is the year you want him put on the DL

1948 is the beginning of the game's calendar

365 is # of days in a year

89 is because April 1st is 89 days after January 1st.

n is how many leap years there have been since 1948.

I'm not sure exactly how accurate this formula is, but it should be close.

You will also need to edit the roster.dat. I recommend that you use MVPEdit to edit the lineups to replace the disabled player in the lineups.

WOW..ok i finally got it working and first off, huge work tywiggins..great job...now does this mean, if i create a new cyberface for a prospect..i can export my dynasty files, edit in mvpedit and assign this face to him..import it back to the game and will he now have this face instead of starting over?

Is someone thinking of making a franchise file for each team that is retroactive to Opening Day (correct injuries, etc)? I think that would be an awesome set of downloads.

Edit: Even better, will someone make a file up to today's current date with current injuries and stuff? That way roster changes could be made. I would love that.

Is someone thinking of making a franchise file for each team that is retroactive to Opening Day (correct injuries, etc)? I think that would be an awesome set of downloads.

Edit: Even better, will someone make a file up to today's current date with current injuries and stuff? That way roster changes could be made. I would love that.

Read 2 or 3 pages back and there is a link to a thread on total-classics.com with savefiles for the beginning of 2006. You need to be registered and logged in to see the attachments. I don't know if anyone's planning on doing one up to the current date.

EDIT: I didn't realize you were the same person that keeps asking about this. Try total-classics again. The files really are there. They don't show up unless you're logged in.

EDIT2: Also I think they're planning on having the correct injuries and players on the DL for the final version of the MVP2006 mod.

I found that site but it doesnt have DL right from Opening Day and that was sort of what I was looking for. I was wondering if someone wanted to wait til the new 06 mod comes out to do this?

I missed that you said you wanted opening day injuries when I first read your post. Like I said in my last edit(which was probably after your last message), I believe they will have opening day injuries, and players on the DL in the final version of the 06 mod.

I've read all 13 pages, and I didn't see anything about my question, so please don't flame me if I missed it. The thing that I want to change in my dynasty is the name/city/abbreviation/etc of a couple of teams. Is this possible? Thanks!

I've read all 13 pages, and I didn't see anything about my question, so please don't flame me if I missed it. The thing that I want to change in my dynasty is the name/city/abbreviation/etc of a couple of teams. Is this possible? Thanks!

Yes. That is easy. You just need to edit the team.dat file.

Have not used this program yet just because I wanna finish my dynasty. However, for future reference, will this program be uploaded to this site, say, in the utility and tools section, and second, my other question is how much of a donation will be considered a good thank you? :o) Thanks, Mo.

Somehow, I missed this post.

Yes, I will upload it to the site when it is finished.

Give me all of your money :lol:

Whatever, you want to give would be fine.

I have probably spent over 300 hours on this project so far, if that helps.

Since you are exporting all of this info from memory, does this mean you can locate the current boxscore in memory? This would be another awesome utility - exporting boxscores.

Thanks in advance...

I saw this post earlier, but forgot to respond. I have searched through the memory, and the boxscore is not in memory as text. I think I have found where the information is, but it will take some time to decode it. (I've found the names of all of the players for both teams in memory as text, and there is some other data there also, but it will take some time to figure it out.)

My next project after the exporter and importer will be a program that will allow you to have shortened seasons. You will need to run the program at the end of the season. What the program will do is update the standings for all of the teams, so that they have the correct number of games played. I think I will also update the stats for all players. For example: if you played a 54 game season(1/3 of 162) and a player hit 20 home runs. I will set their home runs to 60.

After that project, I will try to figure out how to export the box score.

tywiggins,

Those two additions you speak of ------ if they are completed ----- You will have all my money !!!

This is truly awesome stuff ! and that "awesome stuff" comes from a 58 year old ...... now that's awesome !

Thanks,

Don

Yes myk13, you can do that.

really? because, i exported my dynasty files and opened up the roster.dat in mvpedit and i changed brian sikorski from 902 to 316 then i went to tampa AA and changed orvellas face from 316 to 902...i then imported it back into my dynasty but sikorski still has the face with glasses and orvella now has sikorski's face. Did i do everything right?

Did you export the files from MVPEdit to the folder where the dat files that extracted from the game were? Did you then use the dat importer to get those back into the game?

Or did you just import the files from MVPEdit back into the game. If you did that, it would not change in dynasty.

alright JS thanks for the help i got it, what i was doing was i was exporting the roster back to the folder where i have my importer exporter and then importing it instead of going to file export DAT file then imporing which made it work.

Archived