.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

my game however now crashes during starting lineups

edit - let me be more specific

i can play with the Padres in my dynasty but not portland which is what i am trying to do because this dynasty is a AAA one that i am playing..i have no clue on why i cant play AAA anymore because the players face who i changed is in AA. So its something with the AAA team.

edit #2

it must of just been something with the Tuscon SideWinders because i simmed the series and now i can play again vs Las Vegas

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new to patching MVP Baseball (I've been patching NBA Live for a while now though), so forgive me if this is a stupid question. Can I use this amazing mod with MVP Baseball 2004? My first thought is no, because EA usually updates the files, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm new to patching MVP Baseball (I've been patching NBA Live for a while now though), so forgive me if this is a stupid question. Can I use this amazing mod with MVP Baseball 2004? My first thought is no, because EA usually updates the files, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

No.

ok well i spoke to soon, i can pitch and play defense but as soon as i come up to bat, as soon as the ball is released from the pitcher it crashes..any suggestions?

run the exporter and send the .dat files to tywiggins@hotmail.com

Is it crashing only when you're playing your AAA games?

check ur email TY i just sent them...im mmajam2543 @ hotmail.com

edit - TY i ran the exporter then ran importer right away to see if that would do it, and now i can get the pitcher to throw one pitch and thats it, the catcher never throws the ball back and i can swing and all but i cant pause or anything else, the pitcher just sits their.

check ur email TY i just sent them...im mmajam2543 @ hotmail.com

edit - TY i ran the exporter then ran importer right away to see if that would do it, and now i can get the pitcher to throw one pitch and thats it, the catcher never throws the ball back and i can swing and all but i cant pause or anything else, the pitcher just sits their.

I got it. I'm testing it out now.

it seems to be working now for some reason, dont know what happened..i played a MLB game then went to my AAA game and for some reason it just started working..thanks for testing it out though TY, if u did find a problem please let me know incase it happens again i will know what to do.

That's weird. After I imported, the game crashed for me whenever I tried to play a AAA game.(It crashed on the loading screen) Then I tried importing, then did the cpu optimize rosters. This allowed me to start a AAA game. But the game either crashed or froze on me depending on whether I hit the first pitch from the opposing pitcher. (hit the pitch = crash)

I loaded your files in MVPEdit and did tools->check errors, and there were a number of teams with incomplete NL lineups. 40 teams in the .MBE file you sent me were missing a player from each of the NL lineups. 51 teams in the .dat files you sent me had a missing player from each of the NL lineups.

First of all, I just want to say that this mod will go down as one of the biggest ever. Thanks for the work Ty.

Now, my problem, I simmed a full season, then imported the dat with the up to date info. Everything worked fine there, but there are a bunch of players who have been replaced by a player named D. Default, and there are no statistics. It seems to be only firstbasemen that are affected. Any ideas?

Also, is there anyway to determine what schedule is used in the second year of a dynasty?

That problem has gone away. Now I have a bunch of blank pitchers. Also, it seems as if everyone's batting stats are minus 10 in all 4 main categories.

First of all, I just want to say that this mod will go down as one of the biggest ever. Thanks for the work Ty.

Now, my problem, I simmed a full season, then imported the dat with the up to date info. Everything worked fine there, but there are a bunch of players who have been replaced by a player named D. Default, and there are no statistics. It seems to be only firstbasemen that are affected. Any ideas?

Also, is there anyway to determine what schedule is used in the second year of a dynasty?

That problem has gone away. Now I have a bunch of blank pitchers. Also, it seems as if everyone's batting stats are minus 10 in all 4 main categories.

The blank players are caused by importing less than 3250 players. In the future I will make these players hidden. The schedule for the the second year is the mlb162_2.dat file in the schedule.big.

The batting attributes being 10 less than they should be is because you didn't import the extra.dat file. So everybody's energy level is at 0%. If you let a player sit out for a few days, you will see that their batting attributes return to normal.

I'm thinking of changing the programs, to make it work better with importing roster files. For example: Last year's batting stats, I currently import/export as ly-bstats.dat. And the current year's batting stats, I currently import/export as bstats.dat.

To make it easier, I think I will import last year's batting stats as bstats.dat, and the current year's batting stats as cy-bstats.dat. That way, if you don't import cy-bstats.dat, it will put all 0's in. Also if extra.dat isn't imported, I will need to set up some defaults.

hey TY i recently went and exported my files and imported the DAT into mvpedit and i went to make some changes and when i tried to move a pitcher around for instance jake peavy it would say error this player is not a pitcher? and then i went to move clay hensley from the pen to the rotation and i kept getting the error he is not a pitcher error, anyway around it? Also, it wont allow me to export the dat because apparently, many teams do not have atleast 6 pitchers, although they have 11 or 12?

hey TY i recently went and exported my files and imported the DAT into mvpedit and i went to make some changes and when i tried to move a pitcher around for instance jake peavy it would say error this player is not a pitcher? and then i went to move clay hensley from the pen to the rotation and i kept getting the error he is not a pitcher error, anyway around it? Also, it wont allow me to export the dat because apparently, many teams do not have atleast 6 pitchers, although they have 11 or 12?

Send your .dat files to tywiggins@hotmail.com. I haven't seen that error. I don't know how it would happen, but maybe the primary position for a lot of players in the attrib.dat file are off. Starting pitchers position # is 0, Relief pitchers position # is 10.

i should of...i just tried again so let me know if you get them..another thing, all the pitchers in the game after the last name "Miller" all have stamina of 0

i opend up the extra.dat and thats the last pitchers name in the file.

I don't know what caused this, but after making a trade on opening day in my dynasty, I know have a serious problem with the exporter. Any time I export, all the files dealing with picthers are empty, except for the header. Not sure what happened here, but if you'd like more info, lee me know. The dynasty seems fine in-game, though....

Steve

i should of...i just tried again so let me know if you get them..another thing, all the pitchers in the game after the last name "Miller" all have stamina of 0

i opend up the extra.dat and thats the last pitchers name in the file.

I still haven't received them. Maybe you pasted the "." after hotmail.com

Here is the address again

tywiggins@hotmail.com

I don't know what caused this, but after making a trade on opening day in my dynasty, I know have a serious problem with the exporter. Any time I export, all the files dealing with picthers are empty, except for the header. Not sure what happened here, but if you'd like more info, lee me know. The dynasty seems fine in-game, though....

Steve

Send me your dynasty save to

tywiggins@hotmail.com

Thanks for the help before.

I was also curious if there is a file that relates to the draft pool of players. If so, with the awesome roster mod guys here, we could conceivably have an accurate draft pool of say the top 300 college and high school prospects. That would be awesome.

Archived