Competition: Move the Marlins!

AstroEric

[align=center]movemarlins9oa.jpg[/align]

Supposing the Marlins don't get a new stadium built? What then?

Here's your chance to answer that question in the Move the Marlins Competition!

The rules are simple: As an individual or teamed with other board members, show us what you think would happen if the Marlins packed up the operation and moved to another city. Give us team names, colors, logos, uniform design, stadium design, audio, anything you can come up with to make your team proposal as complete as possible.

Taking a cue from SeanO's recent stadium competition, designs do not have to be in the form of a playable file, e.g. they can be anything from 3D-renderings, to Photoshop images, to scanned doodles, to photos of uniforms you've sewn yourself, and everything in between.

Cities available for the teams to move to are limited to the following, real-life possibilities for the Marlins:

Deadline for design entries will be Sunday, June 4. So that gives you a month-and-a-half period to do stuff up right.

Entries should be posted in this forum topic. Make sure to credit all members who worked on the designs you post.

Winner(s) will be determined by a three- to five-member team of judges, hopefully consisting of seasoned modders and staff members, provided they'd be willing to spare the time and don't enter themselves.

The prize could possibly be a modded version of the winning relocated team to include in the game, but moreover, the acclaim of your peers and the enjoyment in graphic creation.

Moreover, those that don't win are still encouraged to try to put their creations into the game. As the competition goes on, I'll be posting links to tutorials here that can help more inexperienced members to start modding. This might be as good a jumping on point as any -- lots of room to experiment with no real consequences if you mess up.

If any other questions arise, feel free to post them in this forum, or PM me.

Here's a little something to get you guys started: My designs for the Charlotte Flight.

charlottejersey9mk.th.jpg

flightjersey3kl.th.jpg

flightlogo8or.th.jpg

Good luck!

--Eric

DUnit: Definitely give it a try. A good place to start might be uni's. Check out KC's PSD templates. That might help you get started.

Kenny: Thanks for the heads up about "Antonia." I was reading too much Willa Cather at the time. The uni's look hot, quite literally!

SeanO: That ballpark'd never fly. It's too...symmetrical. :wink:

--Eric

DUnit: Definitely give it a try. A good place to start might be uni's. Check out KC's PSD templates. That might help you get started.

Kenny: Thanks for the heads up about "Antonia." I was reading too much Willa Cather at the time. The uni's look hot, quite literally!

--Eric

I cannot open those temps in PSP 7. Can you give me any tips on how I can?

Thanks!

STUPIEST THREAD EVER.

They aren't going anywhere.

:lol: They'll be gone within 2 years.

Between the already terrible fans in South Florida, and the ownership further alienating said poor fans, they're not going to get any support in Miami.

San Antonio is really where they should end up if MLB wants them to walk into a good fan base with money to spend.

STUPIEST THREAD EVER.

:lol: They'll be gone within 2 years.

Between the already terrible fans in South Florida, and the ownership further alienating said poor fans, they're not going to get any support in Miami.

San Antonio is really where they should end up if MLB wants them to walk into a good fan base with money to spend.

Fixed your post.

(my park rules)

Yeah, well, it's that too. :D

STUPIEST THREAD EVER.

It's just a simple competition. A chance for people to strut their stuff with some original ideas. If you don't want to participate, don't participate. But please don't clutter the thread with undue hostility.

I can think of threads that were much more, as you say, STUPI.

--Eric

--Eric

ok, im gonna give it a shot. i already have a team name, the NC Fire. colors are black and red. just gotta work on the uni's on the computer.

I heard Bristol, CT the other day. Where ESPN is. Although, I think the person who said that is from ESPN.

I don't believe Bristol has ever been mentioned in the running to get an MLB team.

Portland, OR; San Antonio, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Norfolk, VA; and Charlotte, NC are the places that have a chance at a team.

As it is now, Portland is not getting the Marlins under any circumstances, and San Antonio is the only city to actually give the Marlins a proposal. The city of SA is willing to pay $200 million of the $300 million cost to build a new stadium. A judges order has given them until May 15th to respond to the proposal, so the city leaders have time to get it on the ballot in November.

If they accept the proposal, they'll be in San Antonio by 2008. 2007 would be a possibility, but it's a stretch that they'd get the new place built by opening day of the 07 season if it's only approved in November of 06.

Archived