Shea Stadium Preview

Pirate

Enough! The Apple shoots up out of there. It always has. No worries. I have no clue why it wouldn't, but to make sure I swung for the fences and the apple shot up when Paul Loduca smashed a homer. You have to watch the whole replay and that is boring, but it definitley floated on up.

LOL ok pirate, I get the point...but I'm saying, the apple doesn't shoot up off the hat. One of the CSVs in the stadium's directory should contain info on how to control the speed and the apple's trajectory coming out of the hat... because IRL it doesn't shoot up.

Ah ha. I see what you are saying. I can look at it but I am not promicing anything.

I'll see if I could fidget with it to see what I can get. I remember the last time I "fidgeted", Safeco's roof closed at near Mach 8 levels instead of slowly, so that'll tell you...

Hey Pirate, This is the reason I donate to MVP Mods. I hope someone can come up with the New Shea Stadium. If all possible can you add the Grass with the outline of New York City for the Day and Night version of your Shea Stadium for 2006??? That would be Awesome!

Thanks

Johnny Cadillac...

1). EA never put the crowd up there.

2). Because you can only see the upper deck occasionally, it's not worth EA's time to bother putting the crowd up there for even slight glimpses of people. It's the same with the upper reaches of Cleveland Stadium.

3). The upper deck is mostly empty anyway.

4). on an unrelated note, Five spent many maddening hours making the opening day city skyline for another version of shea, but since it was only used once, it's probably not worth putting it in at all.

I think maybe there was too much of a crowd. It really looks stupid because Shea actually has people in the upper deck now.

Pirate, can you do something about the logo behind home plate. It looks horrible. It's so light. Maybe you can make it darker.

Also, can you give me permission to mod your stadium once it's released? I was gona do a Shea mod, but since your doing it I'll just use yours. I want to move the stands back in left fielf and a little over to the left. Then I want to try and put a gap between the right and left field walls and the stands. Maybe even try to put the subway in right field.

I think maybe there was too much of a crowd. It really looks stupid because Shea actually has people in the upper deck now.

Pirate, can you do something about the logo behind home plate. It looks horrible. It's so light. Maybe you can make it darker.

Also, can you give me permission to mod your stadium once it's released? I was gona do a Shea mod, but since your doing it I'll just use yours. I want to move the stands back in left fielf and a little over to the left. Then I want to try and put a gap between the right and left field walls and the stands. Maybe even try to put the subway in right field.

While you are doing all this, what is the possibility of making the actual foul territory size. That is, moving the walls in on either side of the field. There is much less foul territory in the real shea, especially in the corners.

Yeah, the foul territory fences should look like the one in this picture:

http://www.ballparkreviews.com/shea/shea4.jpg

The wall near the home run fence is parallel with the foul line, then it goes off onto it's own angle.

Could you color the first level seats bright orange like they are in real life? In the game they look greyish red.

The Mezzanine (deck below the upper deck) should also be green.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would look cool for the foul fences to be changed, and the foul territory get a little shrink job. Also, behind the right field bullpen, do you think it would be possible to add the subway platform and remove the trees where the platform should be? Lol, and also, if it's possible, could you remove the tree behind the apple? It isn't there in real life. Lol, sorry if all of this sounds over the top, I would just love to see a really realistic looking Shea. If it's not possible, I understand.

Archived