A sign God does not exist or he has a wicked sense of humor!

DJEagles

I believe in God, I just don't believe in the abuse of religion done in the name of God. I've seen more spritually good people outside of church then I've ever seen in one. I forget exactly where, but Jesus said something about living the faith instead of showing it off expecting to be rewarded for it.
Thank you, to many people are just tring to buy their ticket

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well said. i believe that people go to heaven by predestination, not because of how you act here in the earth. of course, if you're one of those whose name is not in the book of life, then if you cross the line you will not be in heaven.

Praise The Lord! Exactly!!

These verses come to mind:

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

I understand that you believe this & that's fine. But the Scriptures (G-d's word) clearly say otherwise. (which is why I posted the verses above) When G-D speaking regarding the law says "this is your life & the length of your days", I don't think He was just pretending.

Actually G-D specifically says "to live by them". (regarding the law) Look up if you wish, chapter 18 of Leviticus verse 5.

For convienence sake, I will post it. "You shall observe My statutes and My ordinances, which a man shall do and live by them. I am the Lord."

You mention that G-D well knew that man could in no way keep a perfect law. Again I disagree.

Please read the following verses (there are more verses which I will not quote so as to not lengthen the post too much)

Deut chapter 20 verse 2... and you will return to the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul, and you will listen to His voice according to all that I am commanding you this day you and your children.

Verse 8 ... And you will return and listen to the voice of the Lord, and fulfill all His commandments, which I command you this day.

Point taken....but Jesus Christ has fullfilled the Law! And those who are chosen by God through His Son Jesus, also has fullfilled the Law!

These verses comes to mind:

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

I was reading this thread and I'm another person who loved what NYM said.

But medric, i was wondering what you are talking about.

Well, it means that I am a born again Chirstian, that I have asked Jesus into my heart and life, and to make me whole. I made him master of my life.

If you're Christian, yes. However, not everyone is Christian.

Yeah, but thats sad that not everyone is. Also, on the contrary to popular belife, "If there is a God, then why does he allow his people to suffer?"

Well, for that there are many answers, and here are some of them:

God lets us suffer now so that we are strengthened later for bigger tasks that an unexpieranced person may not be able to handel.

The Holocost back during WW II, I think that over 55 million Jews were killed (if I'm wrong about the number, or anything else, please feel free to correct me). And because of that, They were given back their homeland, their promised land to have and to cherish. But as you will see throughout the Old Testament, that every time that hardship came to the Jews, that God gave them something huge in return.

And for my last example, there's this saying that I herd before, and I'll try to quote it as best as I can.

"If your child were to fall and get hurt, does that mean you weren't there to protect him/her?"

There's some more money, more than my 2cents anyway.

Point taken....but Jesus Christ has fullfilled the Law! And those who are chosen by God through His Son Jesus, also has fullfilled the Law!

These verses comes to mind:

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

I apologize to you, but in saying as you say above, you are in fact defeating what the Scriptures say in the verses I quoted. It is talking about obeying the law that was commanded this day. Such as the law not to eat unclean animals. The law of living in booths from the 15th of the 7th month for 7 days. The law of not mixing wool & linen (flax) together to wear. The law of putting fringes on a four cornered garment. The law of eating unleavened from the 15th of the first month for 7 days. The law of not taking 2 sisters (the second one) in marriage whilst the first one is alive. The law of not eating new grain till the day after Passover. The law of not putting rocks in your pocket. The law to marry your brothers wife if your brother died without children. I can go on & on. In all there are 613 laws. (plus the 7 Rabbinic ordinances)

As far as your point that jesus fufilled the law. I am not going to debate if he did or did not. However that has no bearing on You or I. If he fulfilled the law that is good for him. But that does not negate your obligation to do the same. This is what the verses I quoted above show us.

Imagine a person comes to you & is starving for food & you tell him, "you know what... I will eat some food for you. Then you will no longer be hungry." Watch how that person will then die from starvation!

You also claim here that the people chosen by G-D through jesus have also fulfilled the law. I ask you by what means have they done so? Did they marry their brother's wife if he had no kids? Did they abstain from unclean animals? Did they not mix milk & meat together? Did they do a circumcision? Did they abstain from the 39 catagories of work on the Sabbath? Did they let their land lie fallow on the 7th year? Did they abstain from planting two crops near each other? I could go on but the list get's real long. Anyway, I think you see my point.

I mean no disrespect to you in your quote of Romans. However I beg to disagree on them because as I see it they contradict the word of G-D in the verses I quoted above. It seems to me from your quotes (& if I am mistaken, please correct me on this) that you believe that G-D's commandments which He says to live by, are in fact a death trap. The law is not of sin & death, but of life & closeness to G-D. This is in fact the point of the verses I quoted above. To show that we LIVE by them. NOT die by them.

Btw... I am not against walking in the spirit of the law. In fact the Talmud teaches Jews the concept of "rachmuhnuh leebuh boeh" which in Aramaic translates as "G-D deisres the heart". However if there is no obediance there is no heart. Imagine you feel love for your child, so you go & murder it. Is that love? Of course not. One who disobeys G-D's law in fact shows he does not truly love G-D. (at least not enough to the extent that it deters him from disobeying) I am not saying we do not make mistakes. We in fact do. But our goal should always be, to reach perfection. Not rely on somebody else's perfection whether real or imaginary, to give us a get out of jail free card. For this is not love of G-D, but rather it is selfish desire & in the end will not make us Holy like G-D.

One more comment on your Romans quote. It seems to me based on what you say here, that it is not the law that is being fulfilled, rather the righteousness of it. Therefore in truth it is saying that one is not obeying the law. Hence it contradicts most clearly the verses that I quoted above.

As I said in an earlier post... if the new test. contradicts G-D's word in the Hebrew Scriptures, I pick the Hebrew Scriptures every time since it clearly came first, plus the fact that it is the direct word of G-D.

I hope I have not offended you. I realize I have come on rather strong. This was not my complete intention.

Also, please realize that I am not trying to convert you. I am only trying to show you why I believe as I do.

One more thing.... I want you to know that I respect you as a human being regardless of the differences in our faiths.

Oh, also, now thta were talking about Jesus, every Old Testament Profecy about him, which is about a hundred something, every single one of them came true.

I think I will PM you on the above comment. I can't let that one go by unchallenged. However at the same time, I do not think this discussion is for public posts.

Well, it means that I am a born again Chirstian, that I have asked Jesus into my heart and life, and to make me whole. I made him master of my life.

Yeah, but thats sad that not everyone is. Also, on the contrary to popular belife, "If there is a God, then why does he allow his people to suffer?"

Well, for that there are many answers, and here are some of them:

God lets us suffer now so that we are strengthened later for bigger tasks that an unexpieranced person may not be able to handel.

The Holocost back during WW II, I think that over 55 million Jews were killed (if I'm wrong about the number, or anything else, please feel free to correct me). And because of that, They were given back their homeland, their promised land to have and to cherish. But as you will see throughout the Old Testament, that every time that hardship came to the Jews, that God gave them something huge in return.

And for my last example, there's this saying that I herd before, and I'll try to quote it as best as I can.

"If your child were to fall and get hurt, does that mean you weren't there to protect him/her?"

There's some more money, more than my 2cents anyway.

Sad, that everyone isn't? I am Christian, but who are we to judge people? As long as humans live a good, noble life, then that is all that should matter. I commend you in your religious faith, but I don't think it is sad that everyone isn't Christian. People make choices, and are free to do so. Christian or not, as long as you have led a good life, that is the most important.

1. I thought I was the token Christian on this board. Glad to see other believers. I hope we're walking the walk and not just talking the talk.

2. For once I'm not interested in the religion debate which is good because too many of these can be mentally taxing.

3. No matter what you believe, don't hold it against another member here. Like krawhitham, he wears robes and lights candles in his home while chanting some jargon and slaying sheep. It scares me, but I don't hold it against him.

Oh, also, now thta were talking about Jesus, every Old Testament Profecy about him, which is about a hundred something, every single one of them came true.

This is true. We actually just went over this whole topic last Sunday.

1. I thought I was the token Christian on this board. Glad to see other believers. I hope we're walking the walk and not just talking the talk.

2. For once I'm not interested in the religion debate which is good because too many of these can be mentally taxing.

3. No matter what you believe, don't hold it against another member here. Like krawhitham, he wears robes and lights candles in his home while chanting some jargon and slaying sheep. It scares me, but I don't hold it against him.

I thought I was the only one. Glad there are other believers out there.

Yeah, but thats sad that not everyone is.

I beg to differ, but there's no point in explaining why because I have no desire to be dragged into this debate.

This is true. We actually just went over this whole topic last Sunday.

You thought so, too? That's what I was thinking. It all seemed very recent. It seems that every discussion even remotely linked to a God, Jesus, or Christianity turns into a multi-page collection of posts. It's almost like an infection. 8O

This is just shouts away from being called a "Barn Burner."

and about the comment that I made saying that it's sad that everyone's not christian, I didn't mean anything bad by it, just to let you know.

Hey, and if you want to know the reasoning behind my statement, Read the book of Revelation, even the whole New Testament. It says what happens to unbelievers. Or even read the "Left Behind" series, but I suggest Revelation first.

Vritually, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism is all the same thing. People just look at it in different perspectives.

When Jesus was on Earth, he didn't want to start a new religio. He didn't convert atheist into belivers. He didnt say Muslims were bad and they had to be Jews. No. Whataver religion you practiced, Jesus just wanted you to be better at that. be a better Muslim. Be a better Jew. Be a better person.

BTW: Unbelivers and sinners supposedly get left back on Earth to face the devil while good people get called up to heaven during the rapture.

What I always wonder is, what happens to all the animals that die? Do dogs go to heaven? Can you have a dog in heaven?

What if there a dinosaurs. lol. It would be mass caos. I hope they have there own little section lol.

The problem with the book of Revelations is that no one is sure who wrote it or what it's really about. Is the beast satan or the Roman empire? Is 666 the sign of the devil or Nero? Is the last battle the end of the world or the collaspe of Rome? It's written so vaugely that one could use Revelations to support any view point, (and many have). I preffer to concentrate more on what Jesus said and did then whatever is in Revelatations. When ever the end time comes we'll probably be too busy to worry about whether or not we got the symbology of Revelations right.

It's amazing how, we as people, can take the bible and interpret it anyway we want. Again, I am not bashing anyone's religion, but I have been getting regular visits from Jehovah's Witnesses since I bout my house a year ago. I am usually a calm, patient, and understanding individual, so I have taken the time to visit with them on many occasions.

Now, they use the same bible as us, with the exception that God is referred to as Jehovah. What I found with their religious poitns of view was, they preach the "bad" parts of the bible. I am not familiar with psalms and such, as I haven't looked over the bible since Sunday school, but they preach that we will all die, if we don't worship Jehovah.

My question to anyone on this board who may be Jehovah's Witness is: If we use the same bible, are we not worshipping the same God? Why do I have to convert to being a Witness to be saved?

Any answers to my questions would be much appreciated...and I am Catholic by the way.

Vritually, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism is all the same thing. People just look at it in different perspectives.

When Jesus was on Earth, he didn't want to start a new religio. He didn't convert atheist into belivers. He didnt say Muslims were bad and they had to be Jews. No. Whataver religion you practiced, Jesus just wanted you to be better at that. be a better Muslim. Be a better Jew. Be a better person.

BTW: Unbelivers and sinners supposedly get left back on Earth to face the devil while good people get called up to heaven during the rapture.

What I always wonder is, what happens to all the animals that die? Do dogs go to heaven? Can you have a dog in heaven?

What if there a dinosaurs. lol. It would be mass caos. I hope they have there own little section lol.

Tehnically, there were no Muslims around when Jesus lived. Islam wasn't "formed" until around 550 years later when the Prophet Muhammad was born. This is why Islamic dates differ to Gregorian dates, as the Islamic equivalent of year 0 was on the year in which the Prophet Muhammad was born. The current Islamic year is actually 1427.

Tehnically, there were no Muslims around when Jesus lived. Islam wasn't "formed" until around 550 years later when the Prophet Muhammad was born. This is why Islamic dates differ to Gregorian dates, as the Islamic equivalent of year 0 was on the year in which the Prophet Muhammad was born. The current Islamic year is actually 1427.

Interesting. Jews calculate the years based on when G-D created Adam. Hence the Jewish year is currently 5,766

Archived