MVP 06: MVP Beta testers thread

krawhitham

You have to have a clue and be able to download 300MB with out any problems

I'm tring to remove the need for all batch files in the installer (making it more compatible), If I have problems you may have to download the test installers multiple times

I should have a test ready tomorrow, so the 1st 5 that respond get to try out a new beta

If this beta shows up anywhere or others somehow get a copy of it the final version will never be released

Windows XP home (8ball)

Windows ME (djeagles11)

Windows 98 (Snash13)

Windows XP Pro (Sean O)

someone else (xp home - gangstar)

All members of Total Classics except capa can also PM me for the link

Members of the Mod Squad (that ever finish team roster hint hint) should also feel free to PM me for the link

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will need another day but it will be worth it

I found a new version of the .BIG file utility I'm using. A lot of the commands have been changed (it will take me a bit to rewrite all the scripts) but, BUT it is a lot faster

For example (installing 3400 portraits)

old verson 51.1 seconds

new verson 13.1 seconds

also BTW I think I might know why some people had/have problems with ILF, it requires .NET Framework

opps, sorry about that. Just learned it myself

Making the first test build now, it works on my computer :)

The install time on MY pc has been cut from 35 minutes to 15 minutes using the upgraded programs

I have about an hour of compressing before I can start uploading it.

I will PM you guys with a link when I'm done

Making the first test build now, it works on my computer :)

The install time on MY pc has been cut from 35 minutes to 15 minutes using the upgraded programs

I have about an hour of compressing before I can start uploading it.

I will PM you guys with a link when I'm done

Okay, looking forward to helping out. Just to let you know, I will be downloading it on my main pc, and putting it on disc to try on my WindowsME and Windows 98. It WILL NOT be given out, as you requested.

Stupid question, but if it works okay, I can continue to use this eh, and disregard the Beta I got back in February?

Yep

only things left to add is portraits, roster, and the loading screens

You will want to download UR 6.5 I have no idea how old the roster with the new beta is

it will work with ur 6.5 plus

I will send you guys a new link to upgrade this to the true final when it comes out

BTW it still has one batch file (to install the dirty ball), I will try to get rid of it if no one has any problems

Archived