MVP 06: MVP Beta testers thread

krawhitham

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The install time on MY pc has been cut from 35 minutes to 15 minutes using the upgraded programs

OK my laptop just installed the next build in 10 minutes

When I get home I'll upload it and start sending out links

Saved 5 minutes and it only added 500k to the size of the download

I had a problem with Aubrey Huffs face but I restarted MVP and it was fine again so who knows. Batting mini game still crashes and its been pretty stable in the 15+ exhibitions. games ive played. Ill test the 3rd fix also.

install went fine, unfortunetly wasn't at my pc to clock the timing but I have played 1 full game and simmed a few more with no problems yet. The rosters help for more realistic scores I've found.

Looks good tho, keeps getting better!

Mine actually crashed during install. I'd say it had been installing for 20-25 minutes when I got a fifafs.exe error - if I woulda thought about it then, I would have taken a screenshot but it was like 2:30 am and I was dead. I have Win XP Pro, Intel 2.8, 512 MB of ram.

Mine actually crashed during install. I'd say it had been installing for 20-25 minutes when I got a fifafs.exe error - if I woulda thought about it then, I would have taken a screenshot but it was like 230 am and I was dead. I have Win XP Pro, Intel 2.8, 512 MB of ram.
#1 or #2

Ok, this is the weirdest bug,

Unless I have done something stupid, in a machine with a Geforce 6600GT with latest Official Drivers, I experience lock ups with 2x sized splash and background screens in MVP.

This is not unique to mvp 06, it does this with mvp 94 and any other 2x theme set.

Without them everything works perfectly.

It's the strangest thing since 2x screens work fine even on a 1Ghz Laptop with crappy onboard graphics.

If this is actually a problem not unique to me, maybe we should consider 1x backgrounds/splash for maximum compatiability.

On a related note - for the background screens,

I'd use less 'busy' backgrounds for the call up/send down and schedule screens, the current ones, while very cool, are a little distracting, maybe swap them over with a blander stadium pic from elsewhere in the theme..

Ok, this is the weirdest bug,

Unless I have done something stupid, in a machine with a Geforce 6600GT with latest Official Drivers, I experience lock ups with 2x sized splash and background screens in MVP.

This is not unique to mvp 06, it does this with mvp 94 and any other 2x theme set.

Without them everything works perfectly.

It's the strangest thing since 2x screens work fine even on a 1Ghz Laptop with crappy onboard graphics.

If this is actually a problem not unique to me, maybe we should consider 1x backgrounds/splash for maximum compatiability.

On a related note - for the background screens,

I'd use less 'busy' backgrounds for the call up/send down and schedule screens, the current ones, while very cool, are a little distracting, maybe swap them over with a blander stadium pic from elsewhere in the theme..

you are having problems with DXT textures for some reason

all I could find was this

Disabling DXT Texture Support on Nvidia Video Cards can result in

Battlefield 2 failing to start.

We recommend DXT Texture Support is enabled.

Archived