Show Off Your Desktop!

nc4182

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many of you guys use WindowBlinds?

i don't . i used to and i have tried all of them but, it's way too much bloatware for just skinning the desktop. i like for my desktop to look nice but it isn't worth the hit on resources. try talisman desktop. it's the least bloated shell skinner i've found yet.

It has a lot of bloatware. Talisman was OK (thanks RAM), but I've come to the conclusion that all these desktop skinners just aren't worth it. I folled around with the regular silver XP scheme ad got it looking pretty good.

yeah it can be a huge hassle. which is why i don't even mess with it at all anymore. talisman is the only one i stuck with for awhile then got sick of that too. you can always download the blue royale for media center edition and use it on regular xp (see my desktop). it's pretty nice i guess and it's microsoft signed so you just run the installer and thats it. or get a mac...

yeah it can be a huge hassle. which is why i don't even mess with it at all anymore. talisman is the only one i stuck with for awhile then got sick of that too. you can always download the blue royale for media center edition and use it on regular xp (see my desktop). it's pretty nice i guess and it's microsoft signed so you just run the installer and thats it. or get a mac...

I'm thinking I'll get a Mac iBook once OS 10 comes out.

You guys complaining about skinning programs could always do what I and other computer saavy users do...use a hacked uxtheme.dll.

You just replace XP's default uxtheme.dll and it will allow you to use customized XP themes without running any 3rd party skinning program.

Just google "hacked uxtheme.dll" and you should find plenty of sites where you can get one and instructions on how to replace the default XP one.

live07desktoplh1.th.jpg

I just got the Vista trasformation pack. I think its just the visual style, I am not sure how to get those "plugins" that show the temperature and your email, etc. I like it so far. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it transparent, though.

Archived