1967 season

Padres67

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly similar to my setup which is an ATI Radeon 9200 256mb video card running on a P4 2.2 with 1gb of RAM which is a slight bit downscaled from yours I think.

I run at 1280X1024X32 and everything it extremely smooth.

I will keep this system until I am sure what Best of Breed everything I will be getting for my retirement room!

If I plan on more than one game I will shut down my internet conncection and virus protection. This seems to help avoiding crashes. I tried to run higher resolution and the game seems to run too fast and gets jerky. I also did increase the refresh rate while doing this and maybe that's what was causing the speed up. Do you know your refresh rate? I am currently at 60hz and it runs just fine.

I really don't know what my refresh rate is during gameplay but I think when I power on my machine it displays 60mhz.

I guess I could run the screen capture program (Fraps) during game play and I think it has the capability to display the refresh rate but other than that I wouldn't know how to check that out.

no, it takes up more resouces. 75 MHZ and 1280x1024? Hmmm... That's about what I tried and my game ran too fast and pitching was fast but also choppy. The 9800 pro card is faster than yours but yours runs smooth? If so, don't change a thing

Well, I spoke too soon. Just finished a game with the Giants, Cepeda jacked a 3 run 449 foot homer to left field to give my Cards a 4-1 win and while exiting the game crashed! Oh well, I'll give it another go round. It was Cepeda's 31st and would have given him the lead over McCovey.

Well, I spoke too soon. Just finished a game with the Giants, Cepeda jacked a 3 run 449 foot homer to left field to give my Cards a 4-1 win and while exiting the game crashed! Oh well, I'll give it another go round. It was Cepeda's 31st and would have given him the lead over McCovey.

BOOOO! (89% at the outcome, 10% at Cepeda, 1% at the crash)

I just finished the third game of the 1967 WS. With the Pirates having won the first two and the Tigers trailing, 9-7 in the bottom of the ninth, it was looking bleak. Then Willie Horton hits a dramatic, three run jack for the walkoff win.

Here's where it got interesting. As Horton trotted down the thirdbase line, he raised both fists in the air, then was greeted by about five leaping, overjoyed Tiger players. In all the countless games I've played, I've NEVER seen this particular animation. Of course, I've never hit a walkoff HR in the WS either. Makes me wonder, why isn't this graphic put into every walkoff homer? I assume it's hard coded into the game and can't be modded. Right?

About that animation, I tried to find it in the datatfile awhile ago. There are some indications of homerun animations. I think I tried to cut and paste and had no results or wierd results. It may be in there somewhere in the datafile. Something else to possibly mod. Also, another one during the playoffs is the low camera view of the player hitting it or striking out with fan's cameras flashing behind the player. That is pretty cool. I guess it is a nice tidbit to look forward to when you enter the playoffs.

For your walkoff homer, did you here the announcer go crazy:

For fun, I setup a world series playoff with the 61Yanks and 61Reds and Maris hit a game ending series winning homerun in bottom of the ninth and the color announce, Kuk?, went crazy..... I still think the announcing is pretty decent. MLB2k7 for xbox360 looks great visually. My son has the box so I will give it a whirl. But, the Classics will live on here and fills the void during the offseason. Thers is nothing like entering the game in the old stadiums with the genuine lack of money glitter roids etc.. that these mods give a feel to.

BTW, going from the 61 mod with the Yanks, POWER, to the 67Yanks feels so real in the sense that I now have the weak teams from the late 60's that I lived through at age 10 and up. Those were some tough years. Also, I feel a sense of sadness when I get up to plate with the Mick now in 67. He is slow, has no real power and is at 1st base. He hit 63 dingers in the 61 mod and one cleared the upper facade at Classic Yankee. I have no hits even close to the fence. (great job mod team on this rating system). The team is hardly hitting and is 0-4. Close games though. It is going to be a longggggg 67 season.

I’m thinking about downloading 1967 today while I am at work. What datafile is the base datafile included in the download? Is it a modded datafile, or the “vanilla†one. If it is modded, are there recommendations for slider settings? I’m using MD’s datafile for MVP ’06 with Hoop’s sliders, but I want to make sure that whatever setup I have captures the low-scoring atmosphere of the late 60’s.

Funny you asked this. It comes with the datafile.big (Vanilla one and like the 1961 one) I played a few games and had no power at all. So I just went back to MD's and I think it sparked things up a bit but still there is the lack of power atmosphere which is good. I have my own set of sliders to make the game competitive. One nice thing about the lack of power is that I can set the pitching meter so that the strike band is narrow yellow with a speck of green. If I miss, the mistake pitch is not a home run but a well hit ball. I think this will allow me to set the meter so difficult that walks will occur more often. Have fun...

Does anyone know if a mod is out there for all-time rosters for all organizations? I've searched but I'm not what key words to use. I'd love to have an all-time roster with like the Cards with Brock, Musial, Ozzie, Simmons, Hornsby, Gibson, and so on.

HardcoreLegend,

Here is the list of Baseball DVDs (Non Movie Type) that I referred to:

A) When it Was A Game - Triple Play Collection - HBO Home Video (3 DVDs Set)

B) Greatest Sports Legend Baseball The National Pastime - www.timeless-video.com ( 3 DVDs Set)

C) Summer of 1957 - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

D) Summer of 1958 - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

E) 1958 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

F) 1959 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

G) 1960 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

H) 1961 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

I) 1962 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

J) 1963 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

K) 1964 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

L) 1965 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

M) 1966 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

N) 1967 World Series - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

O) Chicago Cubs vs Philadelphia Phillies July 12, 1969 at Wrigley - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

P) The World Series 1961 Presented by MLB

Q) St.Louis Cardinals World Series 1964, 67, 68 Presented by MLB

R) Los Angeles Dodgers World Series 1959, 63, 65 Presented by MLB

S "Long Gone" Connie Mack Stadium & the 1964 Philadephia Phillies - Rare SportsFilms, Inc.

T) 100 Years of the World Series Collector's Edition ( 2 DVDs Set) - Presented by MLB

U) Baseball in the News Volume I 1951-1955 - Great American Pastimes Co

V) Baseball in the News Volume II 1956-1960 - Great American Pastimes Co

W) Baseball in the News Volume III 1961-1967 - Great American Pastimes Co

X) BASEBALL by Ken Burns - (10 DVDs Set) PBS Home Video

I also have about 17 or so Baseball Movie DVDs I can list if you are interested in them as well.

Where did you find game 5? I have game 7 complete game that is offered on mlb.com-it black and white. It was $4.00-and I can watch it anytime I want-on my pc. I also did the same for the 7th game of the '65 World series and game 5 of the '69 WS(color) all are just $4.00. I also downloaded the radio version of the '56 All-Star game and the 7th game of the '64 WS-The video qualities are OK-I guess it depends on your PC capability-Like I know what I'm talking about. I wish MLB would release more games on video for download.

Could you direct me to the place where you purchased those complete game DVDs. I went to mlb.com but couldn't locate those. I think those sound like a great deal for $4. I pay around $30 or so for mine from raresportsfilms.com ........

In fact I just ordered 13 more DVDs form them. They come cheaper in quantity if you call up and speak to Doak Ewing directly.

And HardcoreLegend where did you get that game 5 DVD?

I also did the same for the 7th game of the '65 World series

I never saw this game up there. The Download site has been taken down as MLB Advance Media upgrades their system.

I have Game 1 from the 68 Series out of the Busch Stadium DVD set.

I have Game 7 from the 68 Series from the Digital Download service. I stripped the copyright off of it and converted it to MPEG, then DVD. It's not too bad, quality wise.

Game 5 will be nice, as it kinda sandwhiches in the middle there.

Archived