1967 season

Padres67

Could you direct me to the place where you purchased those complete game DVDs. I went to mlb.com but couldn't locate those. I think those sound like a great deal for $4. I pay around $30 or so for mine from raresportsfilms.com ........

In fact I just ordered 13 more DVDs form them. They come cheaper in quantity if you call up and speak to Doak Ewing directly.

And HardcoreLegend where did you get that game 5 DVD?

Don - 112155 is referring to the complete game broadcasts that you can download to your PC. Here's the link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/baseballs_best/index.jsp

The FAQ's state that these are for viewing on the PC, and not for burning to DVD. I was disappointed when I read this, because I would love to have been able to watch the full broadcast of Game 6 of the '77 World Series (Reggie's 3 home runs) or the '78 AL East one game playoff (Bucky Dent's home run).

Of course with that Retirement Room you are planning, you might be able to hook your PC up to a big screen TV and watch the games that way. :wink:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FAQ's state that these are for viewing on the PC, and not for burning to DVD. I was disappointed when I read this, because I would love to have been able to watch the full broadcast of Game 6 of the '77 World Series (Reggie's 3 home runs) or the '78 AL East one game playoff (Bucky Dent's home run).

Of course with that Retirement Room you are planning, you might be able to hook your PC up to a big screen TV and watch the games that way. :wink:

They can be converted over, but since they are only 350k WMV files, the quality isn't so good..especially in color.

Yes sorry-I was helping a student with his Algebra problem while trying to explain that it is a download to the computer-but I didnt think it was possible to put it on a disk. I teach at a Juvenile Detention Center-every once in awhile they need help-pulls me away from what's really important-just kidding.

Basically, to convert the video files over from MLB's Digital Download service:

1)you need the file, purchased with copyright

2)you then use your copyright signature you purchased along with a 'copyright stripper' to remove the copyright from the file

3)use any number of WMV to MPG video converters to prepare the file to burn to DVD

4)convert the MPG into a VIDEO_TS files and burn.

The quality isn't very good, but it does allow you not to sit in front of your PC for 2.5 hours.

We really should start a 'Tape Trading' thread in case anyone else stumbles upon some classic games.

Let me wait to get it and then pass the info along to you. Do you live in or around Detroit? It comes from a store in downtown Detroit.

I no longer live in the Detroit area. I do have a buddy up there who has gotten me local only videos before, so I'd appreciate any information. Thanks.

Actually, I'm listening to the audio broadcast of that game as I type this.

Okay, troubleshooting. I have been having frequent lockups in my WS. They've occurred in Tiger Stadium, but I'm playing the Pirates. So there's a common theme, the Pirates. It's happened with both their 1961 and 1962-69 uniform sets, so I guess that's not it.

Every lockup has taken place on what looks like a well hit ball to centerfield, but it freezes while still over the infield.

HarecoreLegend,

I have found that often once this occurs it will likely consistently occur until I do the following.

1) Start the game fresh.

2) Play an exhibition game with any 2 different teams in a different stadium from start to finish (CPU vs CPU is fine but not Sim'ed).

3) Close the game.

4) Restart your system.

Then the game I had been having trouble completing normally works fine.

My theory, and only a theory, is that some sort of temporary file is created in the dynasty for the game # and teams that you are having the crash with and that temporary file becomes corrupt. But that same exact temporary game file is used again if you attempt to restart that game with those same teams because it never actually closed out correctly. Thus the likelyhood of another crash is pretty high if you try restarting that same game. I think it might be a Stats updating type temp file.

But completeting another different game clears this "Temp" file and next time you go to play that game with those 2 teams that was crashing before it then has to create an entirely new file for that particular game. I have had this correct that sort of problem many times in the past.

Hope it works for you.

I love this 67 season. It brings back the pain I remember at 10 yrs old. My Yanks are 0-6. They (I) can't hit!!!

I feel your pain. I thought it would be cool to do the Yanks (I'm a Card fan)and try and bring Mickey back but he plays first and is a shell of his former self. I went 0-4 and Mickey had 1 hit which was a skimmer past second base. It was painful so I shelved the dynasty. Good luck...

Anyone want to help do a 1960's version of Shea Stadium? I can do most, if not all of the graphical work, but I get so tired of having to reload the verts each time I open up OEdit, find which ones went were, manipulate the graphics view so I can actually see what I am doing, etc.

The major concern is adding back in the chainlink fences in the outfield for the bullpens. Most everything else is graphical (the magnificent scoreboard, removing all the blue->green, etc).

If anyone is up for tackling this with me, let me know.

The St. Louis Cardinals are 26-8, 34 games into the season. I had not realized the record until today looking at the standings. That is when I also noticed a pretty impressive stat as well.

The St. Louis Cardinals pitching staff has only yielded 41 runs in the teams 34 games. I knew that I had thrown quite a few shutouts and 1 run games, but they didn't seem out of the ordinary since the my team struggles to score runs.

The St. Louis Cardinals are the only team in MLB yet to score 90 runs on the season (75).

What can I attribute to this? It could simply be the stock sliders I am using, although I never really had THIS much success before. I think part of it is the approach I take. I use the 'Dave Duncan' philosophy of pitching. Nibble the corners, pitch to contact but keep it all down to avoid damage. The other team makes a lot of contact in the game but in general it is either down on the ground or at an outfielder.

I would probably change the sliders around a bit, but I am enjoying playing the way it is now. As frustrating as hitting is, the games are always close and competitive. I've had, I believe, something like 5 walk-off hits in the last 12 games.

Thanks again for this mod.

HarcodeLegend,

I am also playing my St Louis dynasty but I am using injuries and it has been a lot of fun. I have adjusted sliders over time but I am still like you. I struggle to hit with certain players and I have noticed my team cannot score some games and other games I have timely hits. I am currently 98-39. A little unrealistic but my pitching is so good.

Lou Brock and Steve Carlton are hurt but Bobby Tolan has stepped in and played well as my leadoff hitter. I use him to bunt a lot for hits and he is hitting .310 with 27 SB's in 65 games. Curt Flood is hitting .324 (3rd in the league). Orlando Cepeda is my one true HR threat, he leads the league with 37 HR's and 119 RBI's. McCarver hits 4th and is doing well with 11 HR's and batting .294. The rest of my lineup is like this:

Shannon 8-37-.239

Javier 6-42-.251

Maris 4-39-.244

Maxvill 6-41-.257 (yes, he is a clutch hitter??) having a career year

I have played with the pitching sliders and I am starting to get inconsistent pitching which is what I want. I have gone 23-12 since adjusting. This is a little more realistic.

Sometimes when I struggle offensively it is becasue of certain pitchers. I hate junk ballers! I need to be more patient with them.

I am still having a blast...

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a list of Homer's classic faces. Can someone single out which players would be needed for the 67 mod and what those players 'face numbers' are, whether generic or not?

Brady Anderson

Jay Buhner

Norm Charlton

Eric Davis

Bernard Gilkey

Dave Henderson

Pat Hentgen

Mike Jackson

Carney Lansford

Mickey Lolich

Edgar Martinez

Mark Mclemore