So how is it?

UncleMo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1x- original resolution

2x doubled resolution, but could make you computer run slower if its not up to par

EDIT-- Answered better in above post.

lol - I was already replying to this post when you EDITed it. I was about to say "Well that was a lot easier explaination, wasn't it?" :D

Just a wonderful update to MVP 05! I have played 3 games without a single hitch or problem. No stuttering or extreme speed-ups in the game...very smooth. Camera angles are a nice change, as well as the new music. Like I said, very nice.

I was surprised to see that there is no datafile to play with. I was going to tweak a couple of things more to my liking (batter view 4,for example), but without that file, I'll have to go back and research how to change the datefile.big to datafile.txt (it's been a while!).

Once you get it, though, you'll love it.

ez

it is in the datafile.big file, extract it. It was done that way so people could use their own without overwriting any files

Just be happy no one is bitching about your faces (they are in the game)

we still need to do that 15 new generic face thing you were talking about

Hey Mo, maybe you could "publicly" release that lite-pack you made for me. Maybe then it would be a fast, easy response for people who don't like the glasses (I remember the uproar from the original beta... shudder).

Then people could shut the f up about 'em.

On my install... at the stage where it's setting up and installing... the one where it opens the tiny window and shows the % progress.... after that finished it gave me a list of about 50 errors as the file was broken.

This is gonna hurt me isnt it? Hoping someone can help me out here... and most importantly, would it hurt to open the game once everything finishes installing and if something really is broken, is it going to corrupt a bunch of stuff and force me to reinstall everything?

I am going from a fresh install of the game.

MOTHER [naughty word]

My bad I never checked for that, I though it was fixed in UR for me

I will release sav files in an hour or so to fix that

When you do it you should transfer Reynolds' internal game id over to another pitcher so there is no 'phantom' Shane Reynolds showing up in dynasties.

Kraw, which files does this change, exactly? I'd like to back them up in case I upgrade my crappy PC some time soon and I'd rather just be able to rename those files to get my fancy uniforms back rather than have to reinstall the 06 mod. Thanks for all your hard work. It's awesome.

It installs 1x uniforms, to go back just install KC's uniforms

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=1158

It installs 1x uniforms, to go back just intsall KC's uniforms

Oh cool - so it's the same installer that puts in KC's uniforms, but it's just installing the ORIGINAL files, so it's not replacing an entire compressed file or anything, so I'd be losing the ball, bats, and gloves or anything...?

good.

Oh also - (sorry I keep bugging you) - do you have ANY idea why the cameras at the new Busch Stadium would be all crazy now? I had the original beta installed, then installed Pirates' busch and all was well... now? Everything is weird, including (I just noticed) the releivers warm up halfway IN THE OUTFIELD, like, possibly where the old bullpens were in the old busch, or maybe where they were in whatever base stadium pirate used.

any ideas?

On my install... at the stage where it's setting up and installing... the one where it opens the tiny window and shows the % progress.... after that finished it gave me a list of about 50 errors as the file was broken.

This is gonna hurt me isnt it? Hoping someone can help me out here... and most importantly, would it hurt to open the game once everything finishes installing and if something really is broken, is it going to corrupt a bunch of stuff and force me to reinstall everything?

I am going from a fresh install of the game.

I hate to bump this but I feel like it was just missed, especially with kraw and others who know wtf they're talking about not saying anything about it.

Thanks in advance.

Oh cool - so it's the same installer that puts in KC's uniforms, but it's just installing the ORIGINAL files, so it's not replacing an entire compressed file or anything, so I'd be losing the ball, bats, and gloves or anything...?

good.

Oh also - (sorry I keep bugging you) - do you have ANY idea why the cameras at the new Busch Stadium would be all crazy now? I had the original beta installed, then installed Pirates' busch and all was well... now? Everything is weird, including (I just noticed) the releivers warm up halfway IN THE OUTFIELD, like, possibly where the old bullpens were in the old busch, or maybe where they were in whatever base stadium pirate used.

any ideas?

My beta testers never tell me this kind of ****

YOU'RE ALL FIRED

Yes I know why, I will include a fix with the fixed rosters

My beta testers never tell me this kind of [naughty word]

YOU'RE ALL FIRED

Yes I know why, I will include a fix with the fixed rosters

lol thanks! now with my ugly but faster-running 1x uniforms and a fully functional Busch Stadium - I can work on fixing what's wrong with the Cardinals (in real life) in the game so I can resurrect some kind of pride in my home-team. lol.

I hate to bump this but I feel like it was just missed, especially with kraw and others who know [naughty word] they're talking about not saying anything about it.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I missed it

you are installing it to the correct folder right?

what version of windows

do you have the .net framework installed?

yes, I'm installing to the same folder as MVP 05 was installed in.

Windows XP home.

.net framework... what? If I do... I don't know. Is there a way to check? Does it matter? The beta version installed fine for me when I did it back when it came out.

Everything else seems to have installed fine. I'm just a little scared to go in and test it out... will that cause other problems if the files were indeed broken?

Archived