So how is it?

UncleMo

Please put your reviews and what not here. Not everyone is going to know what is in the final product until they get that chance to finally download it, so those that have been able to download the final version how about just a review as to what is in it and what you liked. Any surprises that we should know about?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please put your reviews and what not here. Not everyone is going to know what is in the final product until they get that chance to finally download it, so those that have been able to download the final version how about just a review as to what is in it and what you liked. Any surprises that we should know about?

I think it is fantastic, overall, and looks extremely high-quality.

I only have three "complaints" - and one of those is actually more of a personal preference type thing - so it's really 2 "complaints" and 1 "gripe" - lol.

1st - Well, the "studdering" is back, of course. I'm pretty sure it was decided it was the fault of 2x uniforms the first time around (the original beta), and it's back in full effect now. Does anybody know how to downgrade JUST the uniforms? (I'll be sad to see the catcher's gear, etc, go, but I'd rather have smooth gameplay)

2nd - the camera angle seems too low on the "baserunners" picture-in-picture thing-a-ma-bob. Before, with a higher angle, you could watch them as they round the bases and have a better feel for if you could squeeze a double out of a single, etc. Now, with this extremely low angle, it is much harder to do that. It definately LOOKS good, but the functionality is decreased. (this is the "gripe," since even though I may not be happy with the outcome, it is performing as intended)

3rd - I love all the new camera effects, etc, like batter walkup and the introductions to the players, but at Pirate's new Busch Stadium it is SEVERELY messed up. You often go "thru" the walls and then can see nothing but blackeness, but the bullpen and dugout shots are messed up as well. I seem to recall there being minor problems with this stadium's cameras to begin with, but they seem to have been compounded with the final 06 mod.

Those are the only 3 real "Complaints." As for stuff that's awesome:

All new menu and loading screens - look great.

New camera angles for during gameplay - at first I didn't like the "sweeping" camera when a ball is put in play, but now I like it. The slightly different "over-the-shoulder" angle when pitching was a change, but now I like it. The MLB ball and fielding gloves and catchers gear all look great (unfortunately for me, I think all this 2x-resolution stuff is causing fairly severe studdering - I had it eliminated in the first 06 beta)! The new team logos are great.

It really is exciting. I think people will be really happy once they get it downloaded.

is it available for download yet

Yes, but from what I can gather, it's being kept somewhat "hush hush" to save bandwidth where it is being hosted. If you've been following this project all along, you should know where to look for it. I won't post a link or TELL you where to go get it, because all of those posts have been being deleted. Who knows - maybe this one will be too.

BUT - yes, it's available, and you can d/l it if you've been paying attention and know where it was planning on being hosted. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I used the forum search function and found a couple posts that include the link. I won't re-post it, since like I said above, I don't think that's what the modders want, but I will just tell you that you can find it if you look.

Yes, but from what I can gather, it's being kept somewhat "hush hush" to save bandwidth where it is being hosted. If you've been following this project all along, you should know where to look for it. I won't post a link or TELL you where to go get it, because all of those posts have been being deleted. Who knows - maybe this one will be too.

BUT - yes, it's available, and you can d/l it if you've been paying attention and know where it was planning on being hosted. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I used the forum search function and found a couple posts that include the link. I won't re-post it, since like I said above, I don't think that's what the modders want, but I will just tell you that you can find it if you look.

yes, well, it's kind of impossible to download it when you can't even regsiter for the site that is hosting it...

yeah tell me about it i dont even now where to find it bc people stopped paying attention bc everybody was making a big deal of it rushing the modders. Now that its available you tell me i should of been payibg attention to where you guys are secretly releasing it. This is kind of unreal.

The installer worked without a hitch, in fact it was a thing of beauty to watch.

The game loaded and ran fine. I only played a few innings of an exhibition game though to check out the Yankees cyberfaces and I will be reverting the Jeter and Posada faces back to the 2005 ones.

Yes, there is a bit of stuttering back, but I think that I can get around that.

Just a wonderful update to MVP 05! I have played 3 games without a single hitch or problem. No stuttering or extreme speed-ups in the game...very smooth. Camera angles are a nice change, as well as the new music. Like I said, very nice.

I was surprised to see that there is no datafile to play with. I was going to tweak a couple of things more to my liking (batter view 4,for example), but without that file, I'll have to go back and research how to change the datefile.big to datafile.txt (it's been a while!).

Once you get it, though, you'll love it.

ez

Archived