Total Classics 6 R2 Uploaded!

fuzzone

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still odd that it takes him to MSN first though, especially because the URL of the MSN page is exactly the same as the one at the TC Page.

It must have something to do with whatever browser he is using. I use Firefox.

Try this if you're using IE:

1. Open IE, click Tools, click Internet Options

2. Click the Advanced tab

3. Under the "Search from Address Bar section", click to select "Do not

search from address bar" checkbox

4. click OK

Edam

If I click on the page I get the choice of loading

an archived page.

If I try to login from there all hell breaks loose and I end up

looping back to the msn homepage from whence I began!!

I'll try your suggestion.

PS - Fuzz how do I intall TC6 into the TC5 subdirectory created

by kraw's multiloader? I assume that your response to this

question is what I was trying to access in the first place. BTW is

the update available here the latest version of TC6 or do I have

to go to total-classics to get the latest version?

I just installed TC6 right over my existing TC5 install and it seemed to work fine. I did the Exhibition game install. Before I did the install for TC6, I changed the MVP dir name to TC5 and the TC5 to MVP Baseball 2005, then did the install over the previous TC5 which was changed. Once the install was done I reversed it back to what it was before and renamed TC5 to TC6. So far so good.

The only issues I noticed so far are when looking at the team rosters and then trying to exit, the 06 Giants did not have a full 25 man roster and wouldnt let me exit, so I had to do a cntl-alt-del to shut the game down and then reboot it and played a few games.

Is the MVPexe in TC6 the same as in MVP or was that edited specially for TC6. I have it hex edited in my MVP install for 1366x768 resolution on a widescreen 42" LCD and I am wondering if I can just copy and use the MVPexe without any issues? I did it a while back and dont remember how to hex edit at the moment.

The game play seems to be real smooth, I noticed right off the bat compared to my MVP install with every mod in the book.

One thing I would like to change is the Aerial camera fielding view. I have been using KSM's datafile and I really like it. It is the one where the camera is higher up and back behind Home Plate for infield play but will pan out to the dirt when the ball is in the outfield but no further. It is a great auto field view where you dont field the ball in the OF. It enables you to see more of the action and teamwork in the field, as well the beautiful stadium mods. Can this be adjusted or could someone tell me how to do it? Wouldnt the camera views be adjusted in the data file? Like I said I have the modded camera view I like in the MVP data file, so I guess I would have the parameters to work from?

Thanks guys, it looks and plays great. I really like the period music.

I am pretty sure it's this data/camera file:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3003.html

Almost. The datafile in TC6 is actually a variation of my combo v3.0 datafile but with KSM's camera's added. Here's a link to my combo v3.0 datafile if you want to see what it includes:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2023.html

The only difference is that it removes Spitoon's walk fix and SerialMike's strikeout / walk fix (i.e. the pitch meter is the default EA size).

I've never actually uploaded or released this version of my datafile that is included in TC6 (I guess you'd call it v4.0). Personally, I use a v4.0 version that DOES include the strikeout / walk fixes (which reduces the size of the green area in the pitch meter).

As far as that MVPEdit issue you saw, it occurred because you selected the Exhibition mode when you installed Total Classics. In this mode, you get to see stats for ALL teams because we modified the team.dat roster file to make all of the teams appear to be MLB teams.

MVPEdit knows that MLB teams must have 25 men on the roster, so that's why you saw the error with the '05 Giants (they only have 22 men on their roster). This will be corrected in the next TC release (i.e. we've added 3 more players to the '05 Giants).

If you currently install TC in dynasty mode, it keeps the current affiliation structure (only the 1st 30 teams are MLB teams), and MVPEdit won't give you the error, however, in the game, stats are only visible for the 1st 30 teams.

Hey Jim,

The KSM datafile I have that has the really nice Aerial view is the one that is pulled back quite a bit and only zooms in to the edge of the infield on balls hit to the OF fence. This view works really well on a bigger monitor and for auto defensive play(except for throwing the ball), where you dont have to be right on top of your player to make the play yourself.

This view in not in TC6. Does that Aerial view sound familar? How do I go about importing this into TC6. It really shows off the outstanding stadium mods too, being a pulled back view that shows off the environment better, as well as seeing the team choreography on plays in the field.

I think alot of people might really enjoy this view, especially if they have a larger monitor.

I could send the datafile to you and you could make the adjustments if you wanted. I would really appreciate that. Thanks

Jim825 wrote:

[...]Personally, I use a v4.0 version that DOES include the strikeout / walk fixes (which reduces the size of the green area in the pitch meter) [...]

Jim, could you also send me your 4.0 datafile with the strikeout/walk fixes

Thanks

Roger.Joyal@cox.net

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - love the mod! :D

Something weird happened a bit earlier though. I was playing against the Braves at Turner Field (96 Rangers vs 93 Braves). Everytime I would ground out and they threw it to first, their first baseman would be called for pulling off the bag. They had 10 errors in eight innings...

It never happened to my first baseman - just theirs (Fred McGriff). Heard anything like this before? I've tried to recreate it with the same teams, different teams, but it won't do it again. Just made me wonder if you guys ever ran across it before.

Hey guys - love the mod! :D

Something weird happened a bit earlier though. I was playing against the Braves at Turner Field (96 Rangers vs 93 Braves). Everytime I would ground out and they threw it to first, their first baseman would be called for pulling off the bag. They had 10 errors in eight innings...

It never happened to my first baseman - just theirs (Fred McGriff). Heard anything like this before? I've tried to recreate it with the same teams, different teams, but it won't do it again. Just made me wonder if you guys ever ran across it before.

That is extremely strange. I've never heard of anything like this happening and I've never seen it. What datafile are you using?

• 1 month later...

Also '68 Tigers LF Willie Horton face is messed up... Red with Green numbers on it...

That is usually caused because something else is using up too much memory (i.e. a particular stadium, other apps running in the background, etc.). I've seen this every now and then, but usually can't repeat the exact same situation twice.

Yes, I also think it is a memory constraint or memory speed type problem.

1) Either move through your game menus at a slower pace, thus giving the game enough time to load everything it requires

or

2) Stop all other non essential processes/applications that are consuming memory, thus providing enough memory to load everything it requires.

These two actions have significantly reduced if not eliminated this occurrence all together for me. Although the exact cause of this situation is not fully known these actions do seem to correct it.

• 1 month later...

Fist of all I want to say this is my first mod and I love it. This is awesome, it has given me a brand new game!!!

I have one question. Is there a way i can change the affiliations? I am a Cards freak (Hense the avitar) and would like to put the Cards with each other. If this is not possible no prob, I was just wondering.

It's possible, however, it would be a lot of work. You'd have to export and re-import teams into the rosters, move uniforms, edit the logos, edit the audio files, edit the .LOC files . . .

That is what I was afraid of, oh well. THanks for the help

Hi guys, what amazing games with TC6.

I'm playing online Pirates 91 vs Braves 93 and noticed Javier Lopez with 100-100 contact and power ratiings...could you give me new ratings to edit with mvpedit?

Thx and Happy New Year to all...

Archived