Total Classics 6 R2 Uploaded!

fuzzone

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work, but one question. I still have the MVP 06 screens and stuff. Like the load screens are the MVP 06 BETA ones. Is that normal?

Did you select a CTS screen from the CTS tab of the TC installer? I've found in the past that if I forget to do this, the loading screens don't always get updated. Selecting the CTS screen is a completely separate operation (and much much faster) than installing TC6 itself. It only takes about 20 seconds to do this. Try this and see if it fixes the problem.

If your MVP06 screens are being displayed, I'm assuming that it also means that you are installing TC6 on top of MVP06, right? If you do this, you will find that some things won't get updated. For example, TC6 only installs stadium select screens for the classic stadiums. It doesn't affect the stadium select screens that MVP06 installs for the "modern" stadiums.

Pulseox, You need to sim until the first playoff screen (which means you also have to control a team you feel confident will be in the playoffs or use tywiggins team switcher and determine on the last day of the season who will be in the playoffs and switch to controlling that team) ---- once in the playoff screen you need to alt cntrl out of the game to execute as the instructions state but in order to do that you might need something like Fraps installed that will allow you to alt cntrl out the game ......... hope that little bit helps get you started ...... after understanding those two things then the instructions should make some sense

Thanks for the reply:

I guess I can find the team switcher under utilities downloads, I'll look for that. I don't know what "Fraps" is but I'll do a search and try to find that also. Thanks!

EDIT: Found the team switcher-found and installed "Fraps"-but when I press CTRL/ESC or ALT/TAB my screen just flickers-the game doesn't minimize.

Ok my son who is studying computer engineering at the university of Kansas and usually helps me with this is is not at home anymore. I was wondering how the game was working for people-crashes etc.-I downloaded it to my desktop-have no idea how to install. If it is working well I would appreciate a walk-through. I never installed tc5-I assume this replaces the tc4 that I currently use.

Ok my son who is studying computer engineering at the university of Kansas and usually helps me with this is is not at home anymore. I was wondering how the game was working for people-crashes etc.-I downloaded it to my desktop-have no idea how to install. If it is working well I would appreciate a walk-through. I never installed tc5-I assume this replaces the tc4 that I currently use.

Every TC release builds upon the last one, so TC6 was built on top of TC5, which was built on top of TC4, etc.

First of all, the file you downloaded is a .RAR file, so you need to open it up with a utility like WinRAR and then extract the total_classics_6_r2.exe file.

Once you do this, you will need to run total_classics_6_r2.exe to extract the TC6 installation files. Here's what the extractor looks like:

Select the destination of where to extract the TC6 installation files. Note that this is the place where you will run the TC6 installer from, and NOT your MVP 2005 game folder.

Once the extractor has finished running (and it will take 6 - 7 minutes), you are now ready to install TC6. Go to the folder where you extracted the installation files and run the TC2005_6_Install.exe file. Once you start it, you will be greeted by the familiar Total Classics installation screen:

In the right hand window, locate your MVP2005 game folder. Make sure that you double click on the folder so that the icon shows an open folder (see how the 'data' and 'Support' subfolders are visible?). If you do not do this, the installation will fail.

Next, click on the Backup Original Files! button if you want to save the files that TC6 will be installed on top of.

If you want to play dynasties or you plan to edit the Total Classics rosters with MVPEdit, make sure the "Dynasty Play" button is checked. This is the default setting. If you will be playing Exhibition games only, make sure that the "Exhibition Play" button is checked.

The main difference here is that when the "Exhibition Play" setting is used, stats appear in the game for all 120 classic teams. This, however, causes dynasties to crash. If you use the "Dynasty Play" setting, you can still play exhibition games. You will just not see stats during the game for the 90 classic teams in the minor league slots.

Click on the Install Total Classics 6! button to install Total Classics 6. This will take 5 or 6 minutes to complete. Once the installation is complete (and a popup will appear to tell you that it is done), click on the CTS Select Options tab. The following screen will appear:

Select your desired CTS screen and click the Install Selected CTS Screen! button. This only takes about 15 seconds to complete. It is very important that you install a CTS screen (or simply select "Neither" and still click the button), because if you do not, the TC6 loading screens will not be installed correctly. You should be aware that you can change your CTS screen as often as you like without having to reinstall Total Classics. Simply return to this screen, select a new CTS screen and press the button.

You will also notice another tab on the installer named Overlay Options. If you click on this tab, you will see the following:

On this tab, you can select the overlay you want to use in the game. The default it to use Trues' overlay with Rolie and Fuzz MOD. Be aware that you must select your overlay type BEFORE you install TC6. Unlike the CTS screen tab, if you want to change your overlay type, you will need to change it on this tab and then go back to the TC Install Optionstab and reinstall TC6 again.

If for any reason you want to revert your game back to the way it was before you installed TC6 (Blasphemy!! :razz: ), start up the installer again and click on the Install Original Files! button.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Installed the game-simmed a season even played a few innings-what a treasure this is-from the cyber faces-Banks, and Campanella are two I noticed right off . The walk up musicthat fits the era and the gloves are great. This is amazing stuff. Thanks again for the help on the install-it worked just great.

Installed the game-simmed a season even played a few innings-what a treasure this is-from the cyber faces-Banks, and Campanella are two I noticed right off . This is amazing stuff.

Glad U like some of the cyberfaces I make for TC. Now if I can only get tc6 to run and see how my work is doing. Is amazing the creator cannot even see his own work :cry:

Jim825,

For some reason I can't get to the total-classics forum.

I get to the website but when I try to enter the forum

I am kicked out to a websearch page.

Do you know what is up with that?

I can't login or anything.

I was trying to get info on how to intall the TC6 update

to the subdirectroy for TC5 that kraw's multiloader created.

Is the site down?

Archived