Was wondering if or has anybody tried 4x mods?

boricuapapi1885

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try this. Just remember you have to restart your computer before any changes to your pagefile will take affect.

A lot of these crashing issues sound like memory issues. I havent installed the '06 version yet, but I have a majority of the mods installed for '05, including Moser's 2x unis and Schmooz' cyberfaces, and all stadium mods. I get a crash every once in a while but pretty infrequent. I play a majority of my games at HaloFans Angel Stadium and it has crashed there but not too often. Fenway works fine for me. The stadium mod I had trouble with was the last Marlins stadium mod with the LED scrolling banner. It would crash every time. I think there was a bug in the LED or the working scoreboard. I never had a problem with the previous mod for the Marlins Park.

I am thinking since I have only 512 Megs of RAM, that my adjustment of my Windows Virtual Memory is what helps me avoid crashes with all the Mods installed.

Make your minimum and maximum settings the same, so Windows isnt constantly resizing it for you. I go probably larger than I should with mine at 4096, but at least try 2048 and see if it resolves any of the issues.

I am holding off installing the '06 mod until I hear the alot of the crashes have been resolved, since mine works well as is.

Good luck

Did you do a fresh install of MVP and the 06Mod?

Does that really work??

Did you try that and it works for you?

Because i get the dark patches after the 3rd inning and it gets worse as the game goes on.

Did a fresh install of '05 and then installing '06 mod and then installing the grass/dirt mod work? After that you dont get the patches of dark dirt at all????

If that worked im gonna do that today.

Got it to work!

As was reccomended: fresh install of MVP05, installed the patches 1-5(even though didnt need 1&2), installed MVP06 mod, then the 4X mods and away goes the dark patches of dirt in inning 3 and up.

Beautiful mod, makes the game look 10x better.

Thanks everyone!

It will work if you dont have the mvp 06 mod. I tried it myself.

Really, if you have the default EA stadiums still installed it still installs into all of them?

I never tested it because I figured it wouldn’t work and I was just trying to get it finished at that point.

If it does work then that’s great news… Although I have to scratch my head a little on this one.

Edit:

It doesn't work for me. While running the installer this note came up, maybe it has something to do with it.

Picture

Well I guess it doesn’t work after all.

At lest now I know I’m not losing my sanity (over this anyway).

Download Pirate’s PNC Park (Link) and then try running the installer.

Well I guess it doesn’t work after all.

At lest now I know I’m not losing my sanity (over this anyway).

Download Pirate’s PNC Park (Link) and then try running the installer.

This note doesn't only come on PNC Park, but on all the stadiums.

Yeah I was hoping that would be the only file that didn’t match up, your ether going to have to install the 06Mod or install the textures manually.

The reason I didn’t make another installer for the default EA stadiums is because it would have been a lot of work and about 99% people here already have the 06 stadiums installed.

Weird question but why don’t you have the 06Mod installed?

Yeah I was hoping that would be the only file that didn’t match up, your ether going to have to install the 06Mod or install the textures manually.

The reason I didn’t make another installer for the default EA stadiums is because it would have been a lot of work and about 99% people here already have the 06 stadiums installed.

Weird question but why don’t you have the 06Mod installed?

I don't have to 06Mod installed beacuse I'm in a MVP league. I can't play vs them if I have different stadiums, datafile etc. And 2nd, there's somethings in the 06Mod which I don't like, so I just install the things I like separate.

I would rewrite the installer for you but it’s a lot of work and I just don’t see the point if it’s just for you (it would take you less time to install them manually then for me to rewrite the installer).
I would appreciate if you'd rewrite the installer, but I understand if you don't. I have tried installing it manually, but that was way to compicated. I'm not that good with computers. I made a thread about it earlier, before the installer was released. If you could install it manually, do you think you could install it to a set of the original stadium files and then mail them to me?

I would appreciate if you'd rewrite the installer, but I understand if you don't. I have tried installing it manually, but that was way to compicated. I'm not that good with computers. I made a thread about it earlier, before the installer was released. If you could install it manually, do you think you could install it to a set of the original stadium files and then mail them to me?

That would still be a pain to do. I’ll rewrite the installer but I’m not going to be able to do it tell tomorrow.

Dude just copy your mvp2005 folder and install the 06 mod separately, like you'd do with Total Classics. I don't think you'd be able to play in your league with the grass changer installed anyway.

Dude just copy your mvp2005 folder and install the 06 mod separately, like you'd do with Total Classics. I don't think you'd be able to play in your league with the grass changer installed anyway.

Agreed, this would save me so much time.

Copy your MVP directory, then install MVP06 and whatever mods you want.

Then whenever you need to play in your MVP league just copy over the backed up folder.

I hate being difficult, but I only have 400 MB hard drive space left and I can't delete anything. And SloppyChris, I have already asked them if I could install the 2x grass and base mod and they said yes.

Warriorxlegolas, if you don't have the time to re-write the installer then don't. I can live without the 2x grass and base mod ;)

Archived