Was wondering if or has anybody tried 4x mods?

boricuapapi1885

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im starting to see a huge trend with people who have nvidia cards seeign shimmering. I see none whats or ever. My video card is an ati radeon x1800xl tho so maybe ati is just better lol. but in all seriousness. If you guys want i can release a 2x version of the grass so that the people who dont have great video cards can still enjoy the realistic grass and dirt. What do yous think?

That would be great! Do you think that will stop the crashing stadiums issue? :tongue:

By the way i would like to thank you for your awesome work.

I use an Nvidia card and don't see any shimmering.

Edit, but I am having a new problem :hm:

wtfhappenedkf7.jpg

Thank you, this was exactly the picture I needed. I think I’ve finally figured out what is causing the spots and boricuapapi don’t worry it has to do with the installer not your mod.

I’m almost done with the basemod installer so once I finish it I’ll ether make a new installer for the grass and dirt or I’ll just release a patch. Also if you guys want I could make an installer that would compress all of the stadium files.

Yes please compress the stadiums so that they dont crash for them. But i think u can do that with the basemods installer correct?

The basemod installer will automatically compress the cram32.fsh in every stadium.

The Stadium Compression Utility I’m thinking of making would compress every .fsh file in every stadium.

I started doing some testing yesterday with stadiums since Fenway was crashing with the 06 mod before adding your grass/dirt and so far I have found that Anaheim crashes with your mod and doesn't without. Fenway crashes right away but even without your mod it will crash right before the first pitch. I haven't gotten very far yet with the testing though. I did manage to get the shimmering down some by messing with my videocard settings. NextgengamerE3, what videocard do you have and what driver are you running? I'm using 92.91.

So due to this blotching problem, I've decided to reinstall the mod manually using the RTF instructions. However, I'm stuck on one part:

"After that add to 11 to the front of the bufsz number. So instead of it being 1005184 it will now be 11005184"

What does this mean? How does 1005184 become 11005184? Do you get 111005184 (prefixing 11) or 1105184 (changing 10 to 11) or 1005195 (adding 11)?

Each field*.fsh has a different bufsz number. In my case, it's 3266180. In what way do I add 11 to this? Is 11 the magic number to increase the buffer size?

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this. Thanks to Boricuapapi1885 as well for making this wonderful mod. It's amazing! :wtg:

11 isnt a magic number. It's just a random number that will increase the bufsz to the right size so you can run the index file.

So you said your number was 3266180. Open the index file, go to the bufsz, which in your case is 3266180, and just simply put an 11 in front of it making it 113266180.

11 isnt a magic number. It's just a random number that will increase the bufsz to the right size so you can run the index file.

So you said your number was 3266180. Open the index file, go to the bufsz, which in your case is 3266180, and just simply put an 11 in front of it making it 113266180.

Hey thanks a lot. So basically it's just giving enough room to pack it up. I get it. Thanks. :)

Just a little heads up for everyone.

I should have the installer’s for the basemods (one for the clean version and another for the dirty version) done by tonight.

Unfortunately the installer now will have some requirements.

1. If the MVP06 mod isn’t installed the installer most probably wont work

2. If you have installed more stadiums after installing the 06 mod the installer most probably won’t work.

Basically without getting to technical the cram32.fsh files have to match up with the ones from the installer.

Boricuapapi1885 is going to have to include the base textures and a readme telling people how to install them manually for everyone that has other stadiums installed.

I did check and you can install Pirate’s and ChicagoCubs720’s “Busch Stadium III Update†before using the installer with no problems.

PS: When I fix the Grass and Dirt mod the installer will suffer from the same problem.

After nothing worked for me on grass, i still have the dirt, that doesnt look that good in ATT park which is where my dynasty game is, is there a way to get the original files back, this is no diss to anyone who worked on this, i just couldnt get it to work and i have to finish my dynasty this week.

After nothing worked for me on grass, i still have the dirt, that doesnt look that good in ATT park which is where my dynasty game is, is there a way to get the original files back, this is no diss to anyone who worked on this, i just couldnt get it to work and i have to finish my dynasty this week.

The AT&T park had problems with the universla grass mod. Kraw told me about it. Just redownload the AT&T park from pirate and then install the mod again. It should be fixed. I had that problem before. I posted a pic in this topic a few pages back

Archived