Was wondering if or has anybody tried 4x mods?

boricuapapi1885

I'm having an issue with a couple stadiums using both the bases installer and the grass and dirt installer. I installed Bases first, and Grass and Dirt second.

Chase Field - Crashes after installing Bases

Miller Park - Crashes after installing Grass and Dirt. Installs Bases fine.

For Chase Field, if I manually install the bases, it works fine. So I did that. However, neither of these fields will work with the Grass and Dirt installed. Other Stadiums work though. I haven't tried all of them yet, but I know that Busch and RFK work.

Is there a tutorial for how to install the Grass and Dirt manually? I have already tried editing the .bat installer to do only banknite and bankday, but it still crashes.

If I have left anything out, please ask, I'll fill you in.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having an issue with a couple stadiums using both the bases installer and the grass and dirt installer. I installed Bases first, and Grass and Dirt second.

Chase Field - Crashes after installing Bases

Miller Park - Crashes after installing Grass and Dirt. Installs Bases fine.

For Chase Field, if I manually install the bases, it works fine. So I did that. However, neither of these fields will work with the Grass and Dirt installed. Other Stadiums work though. I haven't tried all of them yet, but I know that Busch and RFK work.

Is there a tutorial for how to install the Grass and Dirt manually? I have already tried editing the .bat installer to do only banknite and bankday, but it still crashes.

If I have left anything out, please ask, I'll fill you in.

First of all you would have to edit all 12 batch files not just the Install.bat, so that’s why that isn’t working.

Strange… Miller Park is crashing on me too. I thought I had tested it before sending the installer to boricuapapi. I’ll have to sort back through the installer to see what’s wrong with it.

I don’t know what to tell you with Chase Field its working fine for me.

You are using the stadiums from the 06Mod correct?

I have a problem with Chase Field too, the 06 version crashes even without the bases and grass/dirt mods. Miller crashes when i install the grass/dirt, is fine without. I played at PNC last night and for some reason neither the grass/dirt or bases installed. I am using the 06 mod version too.

boricuapapi1885 could you post the word readme again? I'd like to try and get the grass/dirt installed with CC720's Wrigley day.

First of all you would have to edit all 12 batch files not just the Install.bat, so that’s why that isn’t working.

I don’t know what to tell you with Chase Field its working fine for me.

You are using the stadiums from the 06Mod correct?

Sorry...I guess when I said the .bat installer, I edited his 1.1 .bat file. I didn't try editing yours.

With that said, I have tried using your installer 2.0 (both in orignal form, and editing all 12 .bat to only do Chase Field), and Chase Field still crashes. I am using the stadium from the 06 Mod. I re-copied it and tested just to make sure.

I played at PNC last night and for some reason neither the grass/dirt or bases installed. I am using the 06 mod version too.

Strange… PNC has the hi res textures installed fine for me.

boricuapapi1885 could you post the word readme again? I'd like to try and get the grass/dirt installed with CC720's Wrigley day.

Both installers should work with ChicagoCubs720 Wrigley Day.

Although I agree, boricuapapi should include a readme for people who want to install the textures manually.

Sorry...I guess when I said the .bat installer, I edited his 1.1 .bat file. I didn't try editing yours.

Actually, I made both v1.1 and v2.0 installers.

With that said, I have tried using your installer 2.0 (both in orignal form, and editing all 12 .bat to only do Chase Field), and Chase Field still crashes. I am using the stadium from the 06 Mod. I re-copied it and tested just to make sure.

Can you verify for me wither or not Chase Field is crashing before installing this mod?

Well i unzipped the 06 mod and compressed all of the stadiums, put them in directory. Ran the grass/dirt installer then the base installer, watched them both and saw something like cannot execute change.exe. I saw incorrect file size/unsuccessful termination and when they were done and said press any key, i did and it said cannot find batch file. I don't understand what's going on. Is it because i installed MVP to E:MVP Baseball 2005? I did point the installer there before it unzips itself. I know i got V1.1 to work on some stadiums but so far with V2.0 it's a no go. The base installer hasn't worked for me yet.

Well i unzipped the 06 mod and compressed all of the stadiums, put them in directory. Ran the grass/dirt installer then the base installer, watched them both and saw something like cannot execute change.exe. I saw incorrect file size/unsuccessful termination and when they were done and said press any key, i did and it said cannot find batch file. I don't understand what's going on. Is it because i installed MVP to E:MVP Baseball 2005? I did point the installer there before it unzips itself. I know i got V1.1 to work on some stadiums but so far with V2.0 it's a no go. The base installer hasn't worked for me yet.

Change.exe is the program I use to edit the index files. The incorrect file size/unsuccessful termination error could mean a few things.

1. The textures aren’t copying over from the temp folder properly.

The only thing that could cause this would be a bad download.

2. The layout from the index.fsh file doesn’t match up with the installer.

This would be caused by using different stadiums then the ones in the 06Mod.

However because you’re getting errors of it not finding a batch file what I want you to do is run the installer and point it towards your MVP directory, but when it asks you if you would like to run boricuapapi1885’s mod uncheck the box. Now go to your MVP directory and take a few picture so I can see what files it coped over.

Also one potential problem that comes to mind is that you might just not have enough free disk space. The installer creates a temporary folder that gets up to about 2 GB in size so make sure you have at lest 3 GB of space available before running the installer.

Can you verify for me wither or not Chase Field is crashing before installing this mod?

The MVP 06 Chase Field works properly before the Bases Mod and Grass and Dirt Mod.

If I use your installer for the bases, Chase Field crashes. If I install the Bases manually, then Chase Field still works properly.

Chase Field will crash every time if I install the Grass and Dirt Mod.

Change.exe is the program I use to edit the index files. The incorrect file size/unsuccessful termination error could mean a few things.

1. The textures aren’t copying over from the temp folder properly.

The only thing that could cause this would be a bad download.

2. The layout from the index.fsh file doesn’t match up with the installer.

This would be caused by using different stadiums then the ones in the 06Mod.

However because you’re getting errors of it not finding a batch file what I want you to do is run the installer and point it towards your MVP directory, but when it asks you if you would like to run boricuapapi1885’s mod uncheck the box. Now go to your MVP directory and take a few picture so I can see what files it coped over.

Also one potential problem that comes to mind is that you might just not have enough free disk space. The installer creates a temporary folder that gets up to about 2 GB in size so make sure you have at lest 3 GB of space available before running the installer.

Well somehow MVP got screwed up by running the installer over and over so i'm reinstalling now. After i backup everything i'll try the installers again. I did redownload the mod but still had the same result and i have over 10GB of space so that's good.

I think i figured out what screwed my game up, i have a feeling it was when i deleted the lighting file in the stadium folder. Oh well, hours later i still can't get this grass/dirt/bases to install. Here is what the folder looked like after unpacking the grass/dirt installer. The sizes of the stadiums in mb have not even changed.

grassdirtfilesfd0.jpg

I think i figured out what screwed my game up, i have a feeling it was when i deleted the lighting file in the stadium folder. Oh well, hours later i still can't get this grass/dirt/bases to install. Here is what the folder looked like after unpacking the grass/dirt installer. The sizes of the stadiums in mb have not even changed.

Picture

Hmm… This is bizarre. Everything is there like it should be.

Run the Installer.bat and then after its done running check some of the stadiums with eagraph (the base textures will be in the cram32.fsh and called bplt) (the grass textures will be in the field0, field1, field2, and called detl) (the dirt textures will be in the field0, field1, field2, and called uni2) see if the Hi Res textures are even installed.

Hmm… This is bizarre. Everything is there like it should be.

Run the Installer.bat and then after its done running check some of the stadiums with eagraph (the base textures will be in the cram32.fsh and called bplt) (the grass textures will be in the field0, field1, field2, and called detl) (the dirt textures will be in the field0, field1, field2, and called uni2) see if the Hi Res textures are even installed.

Just ran the grass/dirt installer.bat like you said, checked a few stadiums in eagraph and they all have the default 256X256 grass and dirt except for fenway and the orioles park. But the dirt BMP for those parks are not the same ones. I don't know what's going on. I still get the same messages like before while it's installing. :???:

Nevermind , i figured out how to add them manually and got the Great American Ballparks working but for some reason Pirates Busch III is crashing on me. I changed the FSH to QFS in every index file i edited. Is that the only way to compress the stadiums? The filesize s are only 10.4mb and 10.5mb, i don't get why it's crashing. I have tried using FSH and QFS for all 4 index files and still no go with the grass. With just the bases installed, busch is fine. I just got Wrigley working fine too.

• 3 weeks later...

The MVP 06 Chase Field works properly before the Bases Mod and Grass and Dirt Mod.

If I use your installer for the bases, Chase Field crashes. If I install the Bases manually, then Chase Field still works properly.

Chase Field will crash every time if I install the Grass and Dirt Mod.

Any report on Chase Field and Miller Park Legolas?

• 3 weeks later...
Does the Boricuapapi1885's Hi Res Grass And Dirt Mod v2.0 Installer only work with MVP06 Mod? So...what other grass mod do you recommend, because I don't want to install MVP06 mod?
No, i'm pretty sure you don't need mlb 06, but don't quote me on it just yet...

Archived