Was wondering if or has anybody tried 4x mods?

boricuapapi1885

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt go to well, It didnt work, i am just going to reinstall everything.

I recently made a fresh install of MVP 05, 06, Total MLB, and the 2x grass and dirt mod. I still get the patches around the 3rd inning at all stadiums, and they get progressively worse. Then I tried re-installing Trues' / ChicagoCubs720' Wrigley and still get the patches.

My guess is it has to do with the dirt wear effect, which is why it progressively gets worse. Although I have little data to back this up.

Use another browser beside IE. Use firefox or something

Just for future reference the problem is with (‘) in the file name.

BTW I've pretty much finished the fixed installer for the grass and dirt I'm just doing some more testing with it before I send it to you. I'm happy to say the spots are gone and the crashing issue should be gone as well.

Just for future reference the problem is with (‘) in the file name.

BTW I've pretty much finished the fixed installer for the grass and dirt I'm just doing some more testing with it before I send it to you. I'm happy to say the spots are gone and the crashing issue should be gone as well.

thanks a lot. Will that include the all the fsh in the stadium.big to be compressed

I recently made a fresh install of MVP 05, 06, Total MLB, and the 2x grass and dirt mod. I still get the patches around the 3rd inning at all stadiums, and they get progressively worse. Then I tried re-installing Trues' / ChicagoCubs720' Wrigley and still get the patches.

My guess is it has to do with the dirt wear effect, which is why it progressively gets worse. Although I have little data to back this up.

I hear about the 2x mod, but where can I download it? Boricuapapi said he was gonna upload 2x rather then 4x, and I was wondering if they were already up or if the 2x refered to above was actually 4x?

I’ve sent the fixed Grass and Dirt installers to Boricuapapi1885 so once he gets them you guys should be able to download it.

Just so you guys know there’re three different installers (Hi Res.exe, -40 Contrast.exe and -80 Contrast.exe).

Hi Res.exe will install Boricuapapi1885's Hi Res Grass and Dirt Mod.

-40 Contrast.exe is the same as Hi Res.exe except that the contrast in the grass file

has been reduced -40 to help people with the shimmering issue

(note* this lowers grass quality).

-80 Contrast.exe is the same as Hi Res.exe except that the contrast in the grass file

has been reduced -80 to help people with the shimmering issue

(note* this severally lowers grass quality).

BTW I did some testing and if you have other stadiums installed the installers still work it just won’t install the textures into those stadiums.

UPDATE: Version V2.0 of the HI RES Grass And Dirt Mod

Fixes Spots and crash issues

ANd includes 3 installers. ONe with -40 Contrast which will rerduce the shimmering some people with lower computer specs are having but will lower grass quality, -80 contrast that will severly lower the grass texture but no shimmering will happen if you have a 1995 computer lol. ANd of course THE HI RES version Grass and Dirt

I’ve sent the fixed Grass and Dirt installers to Boricuapapi1885 so once he gets them you guys should be able to download it.

Just so you guys know there’re three different installers (Hi Res.exe, -40 Contrast.exe and -80 Contrast.exe).

BTW I did some testing and if you have other stadiums installed the installers still work it just won’t install the textures into those stadiums.

Wow, thanks a ton for all your hard work! It may sound weird, but outside rosters, this mod has improved the game the most for me. My grass looked terrible for so long, now it looks great and I truly appreciate it.

That said (you knew something was coming didn't you?) any chance I can steal the batch file again? I like to be able to perfect the alpha to my liking. Thanks again.

Wow, thanks a ton for all your hard work! It may sound weird, but outside rosters, this mod has improved the game the most for me. My grass looked terrible for so long, now it looks great and I truly appreciate it.

That said (you knew something was coming didn't you?) any chance I can steal the batch file again? I like to be able to perfect the alpha to my liking. Thanks again.

Sure here you go

http://www.filefactory.com/file/781606/

As you can see it’s a lot more complicated then before. Fortunately the process for you is still the same.

UnRAR these files and your grass texture into your main MVP directory then run the Install.bat.

Just make sure your grass texture is named “0000.bmpâ€.

I still got those "patches". Starts in the third and gets worse in the seventh.

You’ve got to be kidding me.

I’m dumbfounded. Are you using a fresh install? Are you using the MVP06 mod? Is it happening in every stadium or just one?

I have no idea what could be causing this now. I rewrote the installer to install the textures just like you would do manually (huge pain). If the problem still exists it has to be with the mod itself not the installer.

I almost don’t want to believe you. Can you post a picture?

Archived